What's New - June 2019Article
This month, Lenovo announced new drive options and a new Mellanox ConnectX-5 adapter.
This month, we announced the following new SSDs:
- ThinkSystem 3.5" PM883 Entry SATA 6Gb Hot Swap SSDs
- ThinkSystem 2.5" PM1643 960GB Entry SAS 12Gb Hot Swap SSD (new capacity)
We also announced the following new self-encrypting drive (SED) SSDs:
- ThinkSystem 2.5" SS530 800GB Performance SAS 12Gb Hot Swap SSD SED
- ThinkSystem U.2 CM5-R Entry NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 Hot Swap SSD SEDs
- ThinkSystem 2.5" 5200 Mainstream SATA 6Gb Hot Swap SSD SEDs
We also added server supported for the following existing SSDs and M.2 drives:
We announced the following Mellanox adapter:
This innovative adapter combines the advanced ConnectX-5 Ethernet network controller ASIC with an onboard state-of-the-art FPGA. Such a combination enables customers to develop custom-made offloads for a range of applications, including storage, HPC, machine learning, and security.
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Intel® is a trademark or registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.