Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670 Server (Xeon SP Gen 2)Product Guide
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670 is a 2U rack server that has been designed to support up to eight high-performance GPUs. The server now supports second-generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors and is ideal for running AI, HPC, and VDI workloads.
This product guide provides essential pre-sales information to understand the ThinkSystem SR670 server, its key features and specifications, components and options, and configuration guidelines. This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, IT architects, and other IT professionals who want to learn more about the SR670 and consider its use in IT solutions.
Note: There are two Product Guides for the ThinkSystem SR670, as follows:
- SR670 (Xeon SP Gen 2) – this product guide
- SR670 (Xeon SP Gen 1) – see https://lenovopress.com/lp0923
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670 is a 2U rack server that has been designed to support up to eight high-performance GPUs. Models of the SR670 are powered by two second-generation Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family processors and the ratio of up to 1:4 for CPUs to GPUs means the server is an excellent choice for the emerging requirements for HPC and AI.
Suggested uses: The SR670 system is ideal for running Artificial Intelligence (AI), High Performance Computing (HPC), and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) workloads.
Figure 1. Front view of the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670
Did you know?
With support for eight single-width GPUs or four double-width GPUs per server, the SR670 is ideal for scale-out with both HPC and AI workloads. The server adheres to open industry standards, provides modularity for users, and avoids single points of failure.
Lenovo is the leading provider of supercomputers in the TOP500. Lenovo is trusted by 17 of the world's top 25 research universities to provide scalable, high-performance solutions. The SR670 provides performance and reliability with a scalable solution for enterprise and research.
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670 delivers optimal performance for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and high-performance computing (HPC) workloads while maintaining a low total cost of ownership (TCO). The SR670 allows up to eight GPUs per 2U node and is suited for computationally intensive workload requirements for both Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL).
Built on Intel Xeon processor Scalable Family CPUs and designed to support high-end GPUs including NVIDIA Tesla V100, the ThinkSystem SR670 delivers optimized performance for AI training and accelerated HPC workloads.
SR670 capabilities include:
- Up to eight half-length/single-width GPUs or four full-length/double-width GPUs in a 2U form factor
- Up to eight 2.5-inch drives and M.2 boot SSDs for storage flexibility
- Support for 100 GbE and EDR InfiniBand adapters including Intel OPA support for high-performance networking
- Enabled for Lenovo intelligent Computing Orchestration (LiCO) HPC/AI management software
Scalability and performance
The SR670 offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability and reduce costs:
- Supports two processors in the second-generation Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family.
- Processors supported have up to 28 cores, core speeds of up to 3.8GHz, and TDP ratings of up to 205W.
- Supports up to four high-performance GPUs, including the NVIDIA Tesla V100, resulting in a 1:2 ratio of CPUs to GPUs. Alternatively supports up to eight NVIDIA T4 single-wide GPUs, resulting in a 1:4 ratio of CPUs to GPUs.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 allows processor cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor TDP.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better use the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Support for up to 24 TruDDR4 memory DIMMs operating at 2933 MHz means you have the fastest available memory subsystem and memory capacity of up to 768 GB using 24x 32 GB RDIMMs.
- High-speed RAID controllers from Broadcom provide 12 Gb SAS connectivity to the drive backplane. 12 Gbps SAS internal storage connectivity doubles the data transfer rate compared to 6 Gb SAS solutions to maximize performance of storage I/O-intensive applications.
- The use of solid-state drives (SSDs) instead of, or along with, traditional spinning drives (HDDs), can improve I/O performance. An SSD can support up to 100 times more I/O operations per second (IOPS) than a typical HDD.
- Up to 8x 2.5-inch drives, supporting HDDs and SSDs, either SAS or SATA, provide a flexible local storage platform.
- Supports a Lenovo patented-design M.2 adapter for convenient operating system boot functions. Available M.2 adapters support either one M.2 drive or two M.2 drives in a RAID 1 configuration for boot drive performance and reliability.
- Up to 11x PCIe slots with space for 8x single-wide GPUs, or up to 8x PCIe slots with space for 4x double-wide GPUs; plus 3x additional general-purpose PCIe slots for network adapters.
- The server offers PCI Express 3.0 I/O expansion capabilities that improve the theoretical maximum bandwidth by almost 100% (8 GTps per link using 128b/130b encoding) compared to the previous generation of PCI Express 2.0 (5 GTps per link using 8b/10b encoding).
Availability and serviceability
The SR670 provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- The server offers Single Device Data Correction (SDDC, also known as Chipkill), Adaptive Double- Device Data Correction (ADDDC, also known as Redundant Bit Steering or RBS), memory mirroring, and memory rank sparing for redundancy in the event of a non-correctable memory failure.
- The server offers hot-swap drives, supporting RAID redundancy for data protection and greater system uptime.
- The Dual M.2 Boot Adapter supports RAID-1 which enables two installed M.2 drives to be configured as a redundant pair.
- The server has up to two hot-swap redundant power supplies and six simple-swap redundant fans to provide availability for business-critical applications.
- Proactive Platform Alerts (including PFA and SMART alerts): Processors, voltage regulators, memory, internal storage (HDDs, SSDs, M.2 drives), fans, power supplies, server ambient and subcomponent temperatures. Alerts can be surfaced through the XClarity Controller to upstream managers. These proactive alerts let you take appropriate actions in advance of possible failure, thereby increasing server uptime and application availability.
- Solid-state drives (SSDs) offer more reliability than traditional mechanical HDDs for greater uptime.
- The built-in XClarity Controller continuously monitors system parameters, triggers alerts, and performs recovery actions in case of failures to minimize downtime.
- Built-in diagnostics in UEFI, using Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager, speed up troubleshooting tasks to reduce service time.
- Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager collects and saves service data to USB key drive or remote CIFS share folder, for troubleshooting and to reduce service time.
- Auto restart in the event of a momentary loss of AC power (based on the power policy setting in the XClarity Controller service processor)
- Three-year or one-year customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty, 9 x 5 next business day. Optional service upgrades are available. The SR670 can also be ordered without a warranty if needed.
Manageability and security
Powerful systems management features simplify local and remote management of the SR670:
- The server includes an XClarity Controller (XCC) to monitor server availability. Optional upgrade to XCC Advanced to provide remote control (keyboard video mouse) functions. Optional upgrade to XCC Enterprise enables the additional support for the mounting of remote media files (ISO and IMG image files), boot capture, and power capping.
- UEFI-based Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager, accessible from F1 during boot, provides system inventory information, graphical UEFI Setup, platform update function, RAID Setup wizard, operating system installation function, and diagnostic functions.
- Supports Lenovo intelligent Computing Orchestration (LiCO), a powerful platform that manages cluster resources for HPC and AI applications. LiCO supports multiple AI frameworks, including TensorFlow, Caffe, Neon, and MXNet, allowing you to leverage a single cluster for diverse workload requirements.
- Rack-level power capping and management via Extreme Cloud Administration Toolkit (xCAT)
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 support enables advanced cryptographic methods, such as digital signatures and remote attestation.
- Supports Secure Boot to ensure only a digitally signed operating system can be used. Supported with HDDs and SSDs, as well as M.2 drives in the M.2 Adapter.
- Industry-standard Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) NI support for faster, stronger encryption.
- Intel Execute Disable Bit functionality can prevent certain classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks when combined with a supported operating system.
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology provides enhanced security through hardware-based resistance to malicious software attacks, allowing an application to run in its own isolated space, protected from all other software running on a system.
The SR670 offers the following energy-efficiency features to save energy, reduce operational costs, and increase energy availability:
- Energy-efficient planar components help lower operational costs.
- High-efficiency power supplies with 80 PLUS Platinum certifications
- Intel Intelligent Power Capability turns individual processor elements on and off as needed to reduce power draw.
- Low-voltage 1.2 V DDR4 memory offers energy savings compared to 1.35 V and 1.5 V DDR3 DIMMs.
- Solid-state drives (SSDs) consume as much as 80% less power than traditional spinning 2.5-inch HDDs.
- The server uses hexagonal ventilation holes, which can be grouped more densely than round holes, providing more efficient airflow through the system and thus keeping your system cooler.
Components and connectors
The following figure shows the front of the server.
Figure 2. Front view of the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670
The following figure shows the rear of the server.
Figure 3. Rear view of the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670
The following figure shows the locations of key components inside the server.
Figure 4. Internal view of the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670
The following figure shows the architectural block diagram of the SR670, showing the major components and their connections.
Figure 5. SR670 system architectural block diagram (four x16 GPU slots)
When the server is configured with eight PCIe x8 slots for GPUs, the architectural block diagram of the SR670 is as shown in the following diagram.
Figure 6. SR670 system architectural block diagram (eight x8 GPU slots)
The following table lists the standard specifications.
|Machine types||7Y36 - 1 year warranty
7Y37 - 3 year warranty
7Y38 - No warranty
|Form factor||2U rack.|
|Processor||Two second-generation Intel Xeon Processor Scalable processors (formerly codename "Cascade Lake"). Up to 28 cores, core frequencies up to 3.8 GHz, and TDP ratings up to 205W. Two Intel Ultra Path Interconnect (UPI) links at 10.4 GT/s each.|
|Chipset||Intel C624 "Lewisburg" chipset|
|Memory||24 DIMM sockets (12 DIMMs per processor) supporting Lenovo TruDDR4 DIMMs at up to 2933 MHz.|
|Memory maximums||With RDIMMs: Up to 768 GB with 24x 32 GB RDIMMs and two processors.|
|Memory protection||ECC, SDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs), ADDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs), memory mirroring, and memory sparing.|
|Disk drive bays||Eight 2.5-inch hot-swap drive bays supporting SATA HDDs and SSDs. M.2 slot for one or two M.2 drives.|
|Maximum internal storage||Up to 16 TB using 8x 2TB SATA HDDs, or up to 12.8 TB using 8x 1.6 TB SAS SSDs. Mix of SSDs/HDDs supported.|
|Optical drive bays||No internal optical drive.|
|Tape drive bays||No internal backup drive.|
|Network interfaces||None standard; add networking via a PCIe adapter. Dedicated Ethernet port for systems management (connected to the XClarity Controller) is standard.|
|PCI Expansion slots||
See the I/O expansion options section for details.
Front: One USB 2.0 port, one USB 3.0 port, one VGA video port, one RJ45 XClarity Controller (XCC) systems management port.
Rear: One DB9 serial port. The serial port can be redirected and accessed remotely via IPMI or SSH via XCC.
|Cooling||Six N+1 redundant simple-swap 60 mm dual-rotor fans (all six standard). One fan integrated in each power supply.|
|Power supply||Two 2000W hot-swap AC power supplies with 80 PLUS Platinum certification. Power supplies are redundant in most configurations. Requires 200-240 V AC power (110 V AC not supported).|
|Video||G200e graphics with 16 MB memory with 2D hardware accelerator, integrated into the XClarity Controller. Maximum resolution is 1920x1200 32bpp at 60Hz.|
|Hot-swap parts||Drives and power supplies.|
|Systems management||XClarity Controller embedded systems management. Support for Lenovo intelligent Computing Orchestration (LiCO), Lenovo XClarity Essentials (BoMC, UpdateExpress, OneCLI), Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager. Redfish API Spec v1.0.2 compliant. Optional XClarity Controller Advanced or Enterprise with software license upgrade to enable remote control functions. XClarity Administrator and XClarity Energy Manager currently not supported.|
|Security features||Power-on password, administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module (TPM), supporting TPM 2.0 . In China only, optional Nationz TPM 2.0 plug-in module.|
|Operating systems supported||Red Hat Enterprise Linux and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server. See the Operating system support section for specifics.|
|Limited warranty||Three-year or one-year or no warranty (model dependent). Customer-replaceable unit (CRU) and onsite limited warranty with 9x5 next business day (NBD).|
|Service and support||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo Services: 4-hour or 2-hour response time, 6-hour fix time, 1-year or 2-year warranty extension, software support for Lenovo hardware and some third-party applications.|
Height: 87 mm (3.4 in.), width (top cover): 438 mm (17.3 in.), width (EIA flange): 488 mm (19.3 in.), depth (EIA flange to rear): 870 mm (34.3 in.), depth (overall): 933 mm (36.8 in.)
|Weight||32 kg (71.9 lb) depending on the specific configuration|
The SR670 server is shipped with the following items:
- Documentation flyer
- Power cords (model and region dependent)
The ThinkSystem SR670 does not have standard models. Order the server using configure-to-order (CTO) in the Lenovo DCSC or x-config configurators:
- DCSC: https://dcsc.lenovo.com/
- x-config: https://lesc.lenovo.com/products/hardware/configurator/worldwide/bhui/asit
Machine types are as follows:
- 7Y36 - 1 year warranty
- 7Y37 - 3 year warranty
- 7Y38 - No warranty
The SR670 supports two processors in the second-generation Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family. Both processors must be installed.
The server supports the second-generation processor options that are listed in the following table.
Tip: The SR670 also supports first-generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors as described in a separate product guide, https://lenovopress.com/lp0923.
All supported processors have the following characteristics:
- 14 nm process technology
- Six DDR4 memory channels
- 48 PCIe 3.0 I/O lanes
- 1 MB L2 cache
- 1.375 MB L3 cache or more per core
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512)
- Intel Ultra Path Interconnect (UPI) links at 10.4 GT/s (replaces QPI)
Tip: Two processors are installed in the factory so there are no part numbers for field upgrades.
|B4HS||Intel Xeon Silver 4210 10C 85W 2.2GHz Processor|
|B4HP||Intel Xeon Silver 4216 16C 100W 2.1GHz Processor|
|B4HN||Intel Xeon Gold 5215 10C 85W 2.5GHz Processor|
|B4P9||Intel Xeon Gold 5215L 10C 85W 2.5GHz Processor|
|B4P1||Intel Xeon Gold 5215M 10C 85W 2.5GHz Processor|
|B4HM||Intel Xeon Gold 5217 8C 115W 3.0GHz Processor|
|B4HL||Intel Xeon Gold 5218 16C 125W 2.3GHz Processor|
|B4HK||Intel Xeon Gold 5220 18C 125W 2.2GHz Processor|
|B5S1||Intel Xeon Gold 5222 4C 105W 3.8GHz Processor|
|B4HJ||Intel Xeon Gold 6230 20C 125W 2.1GHz Processor|
|B6CK||Intel Xeon Gold 6234 8C 130W 3.3GHz Processor|
|B6CJ||Intel Xeon Gold 6238 22C 140W 2.1GHz Processor|
|B6CR||Intel Xeon Gold 6238L 22C 140W 2.1GHz Processor|
|B6CM||Intel Xeon Gold 6238M 22C 140W 2.1GHz Processor|
|B4HH||Intel Xeon Gold 6240 18C 150W 2.6GHz Processor|
|B6CS||Intel Xeon Gold 6240L 18C 150W 2.6GHz Processor|
|B6CN||Intel Xeon Gold 6240M 18C 150W 2.6GHz Processor|
|B4HG||Intel Xeon Gold 6242 16C 150W 2.8GHz Processor|
|B4HF||Intel Xeon Gold 6244 8C 150W 3.6GHz Processor|
|B6PD||Intel Xeon Gold 6246 12C 165W 3.3GHz Processor|
|B4HE||Intel Xeon Gold 6248 20C 150W 2.5GHz Processor|
|B4HC||Intel Xeon Gold 6252 24C 150W 2.1GHz Processor|
|B4HD||Intel Xeon Gold 6254 18C 200W 3.1GHz Processor|
|B4HB||Intel Xeon Platinum 8260 24C 165W 2.4GHz Processor|
|B4P7||Intel Xeon Platinum 8260L 24C 165W 2.4GHz Processor|
|B4NZ||Intel Xeon Platinum 8260M 24C 165W 2.4GHz Processor|
|B4HA||Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 24C 205W 2.9GHz Processor|
|B4H9||Intel Xeon Platinum 8270 26C 205W 2.7GHz Processor|
|B4H8||Intel Xeon Platinum 8276 28C 165W 2.2GHz Processor|
|B4P6||Intel Xeon Platinum 8276L 28C 165W 2.2GHz Processor|
|B4NY||Intel Xeon Platinum 8276M 28C 165W 2.2GHz Processor|
|B4H7||Intel Xeon Platinum 8280 28C 205W 2.7GHz Processor|
|B4P5||Intel Xeon Platinum 8280L 28C 205W 2.7GHz Processor|
|B4NX||Intel Xeon Platinum 8280M 28C 205W 2.7GHz Processor|
Memory capacity of processors
Second-generation Xeon Scalable processors are limited to the amount of memory they can address, as follows:
- Processors with an L suffix (eg 8280L): Up to 4.5 TB per processor
- Processors with an M suffix (eg 8280M): Up to 2 TB per processor
- All other processors: Up to 1 TB per processor
The calculation is based on each processor individually, not the total memory installed in the server. For example, a configuration using 24x 32GB DIMMs per server is 12x 32 GB per processor, which is 384 GB per processor. This means that neither an M nor an L processor is required.
Tip: There are no current memory configurations of the SR670 that require an L-suffix or an M-suffix processor.
The following table compares the features of the supported second-generation Intel Xeon processors.
Abbreviations used in the table:
- UPI: Ultra Path Interconnect
- TDP: Thermal Design Power
- FMA: Number of Intel AVX-512 Fused-Multiply Add (FMA) units
- HT: Hyper-Threading
- TB: Turbo Boost 2.0
- VT: Virtualization Technology (includes VT-x and VT-d)
- SST-PP: Speed Select Technology - Performance Profile
- RAS: Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability: Std = Standard, Adv = Advanced
The processors that support SST-PP offer three distinct operating points that are defined by a core count with a base speed associated with that core count. The operating point is selected during the boot process and cannot be changed at runtime.
(Base / TB max)
|Intel Xeon 4200 (Silver) processors|
|4210||10 / 20||2.2 / 3.2 GHz||13.75 MB||2400 MHz||1 TB||2, 9.6 GT/s||1||85 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Std|
|4216||16 / 32||2.1 / 3.2 GHz||22 MB||2400 MHz||1 TB||2, 9.6 GT/s||1||100 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Std|
|Intel Xeon 5200 (Gold) processors|
|5215||10 / 20||2.5 / 3.4 GHz||13.75 MB||2666 MHz||1 TB||2, 10.4 GT/s||1||85 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|5215M||10 / 20||2.5 / 3.4 GHz||13.75 MB||2666 MHz||2 TB||2, 10.4 GT/s||1||85 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|5215L||10 / 20||2.5 / 3.4 GHz||13.75 MB||2666 MHz||4.5 TB||2, 10.4 GT/s||1||85 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|5217||8 / 16||3.0 / 3.7 GHz||11 MB||2666 MHz||1 TB||2, 10.4 GT/s||1||115 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|5218||16 / 32||2.3 / 3.9 GHz||22 MB||2666 MHz||1 TB||2, 10.4 GT/s||1||125 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|5220||18 / 36||2.2 / 3.9 GHz||24.75 MB||2666 MHz||1 TB||2, 10.4 GT/s||1||125 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|5222||4 / 8||3.8 / 3.9 GHz||16.5 MB*||2933 MHz||1 TB||2, 10.4 GT/s||2||105 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|Intel Xeon 6200 (Gold) processors|
|6230||20 / 40||2.1 / 3.9 GHz||27.5 MB||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||125 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|6234||8 / 16||3.3 / 4.0 GHz||24.75 MB||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||130 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|6238||22 / 44||2.1 / 3.7 GHz||30.25 MB||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||140 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|6238M||22 / 44||2.1 / 3.7 GHz||30.25 MB||2933 MHz||2 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||140 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|6238L||22 / 44||2.1 / 3.7 GHz||30.25 MB||2933 MHz||4.5 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||140 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|6240||18 / 36||2.6 / 3.9 GHz||24.75 MB||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||150 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|6240M||18 / 36||2.6 / 3.9 GHz||24.75 MB||2933 MHz||2 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||150 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|6240L||18 / 36||2.6 / 3.9 GHz||24.75 MB||2933 MHz||4.5 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||150 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|6242||16 / 32||2.8 / 3.9 GHz||22 MB||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||150 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|6244||8 / 16||3.6 / 4.4 GHz||24.75 MB*||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||150 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|6246||12 / 24||3.3 / 3.9 GHz||24.75 MB*||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||165 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|6248||20 / 40||2.5 / 3.9 GHz||27.5 MB||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||150 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|6252||24 / 48||2.1 / 3.7 GHz||35.75 MB*||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||150 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|6254||18 / 36||3.1 / 4.0 GHz||24.75 MB||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||200 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|Intel Xeon 8200 (Platinum) processors|
|8260||24 / 48||2.4 / 3.9 GHz||35.75 MB*||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||165 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|8260M||24 / 48||2.4 / 3.9 GHz||35.75 MB*||2933 MHz||2 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||165 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|8260L||24 / 48||2.4 / 3.9 GHz||35.75 MB*||2933 MHz||4.5 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||165 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|8268||24 / 48||2.9 / 3.9 GHz||35.75 MB*||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||205 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|8270||26 / 52||2.7 / 4.0 GHz||35.75 MB||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||205 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|8276||28 / 56||2.2 / 4.0 GHz||38.5 MB||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||165 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|8276M||28 / 56||2.2 / 4.0 GHz||38.5 MB||2933 MHz||2 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||165 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|8276L||28 / 56||2.2 / 4.0 GHz||38.5 MB||2933 MHz||4.5 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||165 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|8280||28 / 56||2.7 / 4.0 GHz||38.5 MB||2933 MHz||1 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||205 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|8280M||28 / 56||2.7 / 4.0 GHz||38.5 MB||2933 MHz||2 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||205 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
|8280L||28 / 56||2.7 / 4.0 GHz||38.5 MB||2933 MHz||4.5 TB||3, 10.4 GT/s||2||205 W||Y||Y||Y||N||Adv|
* L3 cache is 1.375 MB per core or larger. Processors with a larger L3 cache per core are marked with an *
The SR670 with second-generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors uses Lenovo TruDDR4 memory operating at up to 2933 MHz. The server supports 8, 12, 16 or 24 DIMMs with the two processors installed. Each processor has six memory channels with two DIMMs per channel. The server supports a total of 768 GB of system memory (24x 32 GB RDIMMs).
With second-generation processors, the server supports these memory DIMMs:
- 2933 MHz DIMMs, that operate at 2933 MHz at 1 DIMM per channel, and at 2666 MHz at 2 DIMMs per channel
- 2933 MHz Performance+ DIMMs, that operate at 2933 MHz both at 1 DIMM per channel and 2 DIMMs per channel
The following table lists the memory options supported by the SR670 with second-generation processors.
Lenovo TruDDR4 memory uses the highest quality components that are sourced from Tier 1 DRAM suppliers and only memory that meets the strict requirements of Lenovo is selected. It is compatibility tested and tuned to maximize performance and reliability. From a service and support standpoint, Lenovo TruDDR4 memory automatically assumes the system warranty, and Lenovo provides service and support worldwide.
|2933 MHz RDIMMs|
|4ZC7A08708||B4H2||ThinkSystem 16GB TruDDR4 2933MHz (2Rx8 1.2V) RDIMM||24 (12 per processor)|
|4ZC7A08709||B4H3||ThinkSystem 32GB TruDDR4 2933MHz (2Rx4 1.2V) RDIMM||24 (12 per processor)|
|2933 MHz Performance+ RDIMMs|
|CTO only||B5N6||ThinkSystem 16GB TruDDR4 Performance+ 2933MHz (2Rx8 1.2V) RDIMM||24 (12 per processor)|
|CTO only||B5N7||ThinkSystem 32GB TruDDR4 Performance+ 2933MHz (2Rx4 1.2V) RDIMM||24 (12 per processor)|
The following rules apply when selecting the memory configuration:
- The server architecturally supports RDIMMs, LRDIMMs and 3DS RDIMMs. UDIMMs are not supported.
- The SR670 server only supports four memory configurations:
- 8 DIMMs, which are installed in DIMM slots 3, 5, 8, 10, 15, 17, 20, and 22.
- 12 DIMMs, which are installed in DIMM slots 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, and 24.
- 16 DIMMs, which are installed in DIMM slots 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22
- 24 DIMMs, installed in all slots.
- All DIMMs to be installed must be the same type and capacity.
- If the processor selected has a memory bus speed of less than 2933 MHz (eg 2400 MHz or 2666 MHz - see Processor features), then all DIMMs will operate at that lower speed, even though the DIMMs are rated for 2933 MHz.
- 2666 MHz memory options that are supported with the SR670 using second-generation Xeon processors
- Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory is not supported by the SR670
The following memory protection technologies are supported:
- SDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs; look for "x4" in the DIMM description)
- ADDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs)
- Memory mirroring
- Memory rank sparing
If memory channel mirroring is used, then DIMMs must be installed in pairs or sets of three (minimum of one pair or set of three per processor), and all DIMMs in the pair or set of three must be identical in type and size. 50% of the installed capacity is available to the operating system.
If memory rank sparing is used, then a minimum of two single-rank or dual-rank DIMMs must be installed per populated channel (the DIMMs do not need to be identical). In rank sparing mode, one rank of a DIMM in each populated channel is reserved as spare memory. The largest rank in the channel will be automatically selected as the spare rank. The amount of memory available to the operating system depends on the number, capacity and rank counts of the DIMMs installed.
The server support 8x 2.5-inch drives. Currently, only SATA HDDs and SSDs are supported. You can mix drives in the same server, but not in the same array. Drives are all installed from the rear of the server. The server also supports one or two M.2 drives, installed in an M.2 adapter.
In this section:
Backplane and drive bays
The SR670 offers eight 2.5-inch hot-swap drive bays, located at the rear of the server. All eight drive bays are connected to a single backplane. The backplane supports SAS and SATA drives. SAS drives require the use of a supported SAS HBA or RAID controller.
The drive bays are numbered as shown in the following figure.
Figure 7. Drive bay numbering (rear of the server)
The drive bays support 6Gb SATA drives or 12Gb SAS drives. NVMe drives are not supported.
The server supports one or two M.2 form-factor SATA drives for use as an operating system boot solution. With two M.2 drives configured, the drives are configured by default as a RAID-1 mirrored pair for redundancy.
The M.2 drives install into an M.2 adapter which in turn is installed in a dedicated slot on the system board. See the internal view of the server in the Components and connectors section for the location of the M.2 slot.
There are two M.2 adapters supported, as listed in the following table.
|7Y37A01092||AUMU||ThinkSystem M.2 Enablement Kit
(contains the Single M.2 Boot Adapter; supports 1 drive)
|7Y37A01093||AUMV||ThinkSystem M.2 with Mirroring Enablement Kit
(contains the Dual M.2 Boot Adapter, supports 1 or 2 drives)
Supported drives are listed in the Internal drive options section.
For details about M.2 components, see the ThinkSystem M.2 Drives and M.2 Adapters product guide:
Controllers for internal storage
The SR670 supports one of the following controllers to connect to the eight internal drive bays:
- SAS/SATA RAID adapter
- SAS HBA adapter
- Onboard SATA controller
The following table lists the supported adapters.
|Part number||Feature code||Description||Number
|4Y37A16228||B5MR||ThinkSystem SR670 430-8i SAS/SATA HBA||8||1|
|4Y37A16225||B5MP||ThinkSystem SR670 RAID 530-8i PCIe Adapter||8||1|
|4Y37A16226||B5MQ||ThinkSystem SR670 RAID 730-8i 1GB Cache Adapter||8||1|
|4Y37A16227||B5DP||ThinkSystem SR670 RAID 930-8i 2GB Flash||8||1|
The onboard SATA controller onboard is integrated into the server chipset. An SFF-9402 OCulink x8 SATA connector routes the signals to the eight internal drive bays at the rear of the server. The SATA controller operates in either AHCI mode for JBOD support, or Intel RSTe mode for RAID support. In RSTe mode, Intel RAID features are accessible via XClarify Provisioning Manager (UEFI-based) where you can enabling RAID volumes of up to 8 drives. RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 10 are supported.
Virtualization support: The SATA ports of the onboard SATA controller can be used with virtualization hypervisors, including VMware ESXi, Linux KVM, Xen, and Microsoft Hyper-V Server, however support is limited to AHCI (non-RAID) mode. RSTe mode is not supported with virtualization hypervisors.
The following table compares the functions of the storage adapters and the onboard SATA controller.
|Feature||Intel RSTe||430-8i||RAID 530-8i||RAID 730-8i||RAID 930-8i|
|Adapter type||Software RAID||HBA||RAID controller||RAID controller||RAID controller|
|Form factor||Onboard||PCIe low profile||PCIe HHHL||PCIe low profile||PCIe HHHL|
|Controller chip||Intel PCH (RSTe)||LSI SAS3408||LSI SAS3408||LSI SAS3108||LSI SAS3508|
|Host interface||PCH||PCIe 3.0 x8||PCIe 3.0 x8||PCIe 3.0 x8||PCIe 3.0 x8|
|Port interface||6 Gb SATA||12 Gb SAS||12 Gb SAS||12 Gb SAS||12 Gb SAS|
|Number of ports||8||8||8||8||8|
|Port connectors||SFF-9402 OCulink x8 SATA connector||2x Mini-SAS HD x4 (SFF-8643)||2x Mini-SAS HD x4 (SFF-8643)||2x Mini-SAS HD x4 (SFF-8643)||2x Mini-SAS HD x4 (SFF-8643)|
|Drive interface||SATA||SAS, SATA||SAS, SATA||SAS, SATA||SAS, SATA|
|Drive type||HDD, SSD||HDD, SSD, SED*||HDD, SED, SSD||HDD, SSD||HDD, SED, SSD|
|RAID levels||0, 1, 10, 5||No RAID||0, 1, 10, 5, 50||0, 1, 10, 5, 50||0, 1, 10, 5, 50, 6, 60|
|JBOD mode||Yes (AHCI mode)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cache||None||No||None||1GB (Standard)||2GB (Standard)|
|CacheVault cache protection||No||No||No||No||Yes (Flash)|
|Performance Accelerator (FastPath)||No||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|SSD Caching (CacheCade Pro 2.0)||No||No||No||No||No|
* SAS HBAs support SEDs (self-encrypting drives) by using software on the server and simply passing SED commands through the HBA to the drives. SED support by RAID controllers is provided using the built-in MegaRAID SafeStore functionality of the adapter.
For more information about the adapters see the product guides in the RAID adapters or HBA sections of the Lenovo Press web site:
Internal drive options
The following tables list the hard disk drive and solid-state drive options for the internal disk storage of the server.
- Table 7: 2.5-inch hot-swap 12 Gb SAS HDDs
- Table 8: 2.5-inch hot-swap 6 Gb SAS/SATA HDDs
- Table 9: 2.5-inch hot-swap 12 Gb SAS SSDs
- Table 10: 2.5-inch hot-swap 6 Gb SAS/SATA SSDs
- Table 11: M.2 drives
Tip: The use of M.2 drives requires an additional adapter as described in the M.2 drives subsection.
|2.5-inch hot-swap HDDs - 12 Gb SAS 10K|
|7XB7A00024||AULY||ThinkSystem 2.5" 300GB 10K SAS 12Gb Hot Swap 512n HDD||8|
|7XB7A00025||AULZ||ThinkSystem 2.5" 600GB 10K SAS 12Gb Hot Swap 512n HDD||8|
|7XB7A00027||AUM1||ThinkSystem 2.5" 1.2TB 10K SAS 12Gb Hot Swap 512n HDD||8|
|2.5-inch hot-swap HDDs - 6 Gb NL SATA|
|7XB7A00036||AUUE||ThinkSystem 2.5" 1TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb Hot Swap 512n HDD||8|
|7XB7A00037||AUUJ||ThinkSystem 2.5" 2TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb Hot Swap 512e HDD||8|
|2.5-inch hot-swap SSDs - 12 Gb SAS - Enterprise Performance (10+ DWPD)|
|7N47A00124||AUMG||ThinkSystem 2.5" HUSMM32 400GB Performance SAS 12Gb Hot Swap SSD||8|
|2.5-inch hot-swap SSDs - 12 Gb SAS - Enterprise Mainstream (3-5 DWPD)|
|4XB7A13653||B4A0||ThinkSystem 2.5" PM1645 800GB Mainstream SAS 12Gb Hot Swap SSD||8|
|4XB7A13654||B4A1||ThinkSystem 2.5" PM1645 1.6TB Mainstream SAS 12Gb Hot Swap SSD||8|
|2.5-inch hot-swap SSDs - 6 Gb SATA - Enterprise Entry (<3 DWPD)|
|4XB7A10153||B2X2||ThinkSystem 2.5" 5200 480GB Entry SATA 6Gb Hot Swap SSD||8|
|4XB7A10154||B2X3||ThinkSystem 2.5" 5200 960GB Entry SATA 6Gb Hot Swap SSD||8|
|M.2 SSDs - 6 Gb SATA - Enterprise Entry (<3 DWPD)|
|7N47A00130||AUUV||ThinkSystem M.2 CV3 128GB SATA 6Gbps Non-Hot-Swap SSD||2|
Internal backup units
The server does not supports any internal backup units, such as tape drives or RDX drives.
The server does not supports an internal optical drive.
An external USB optical drive is available, listed in the following table.
|Part number||Feature code||Description|
|7XA7A05926||AVV8||ThinkSystem External USB DVD RW Optical Disk Drive|
I/O expansion options
The server supports either:
- Up to 7 front-accessible PCIe slots with four double-wide GPU slots
- Up to 11 front-accessible PCIe slots with eight single-wide GPU slots
The slot count is based on the riser cards selected for the server, as listed in the table below.
The following figures shows the location of the PCIe slots.
Figure 8. Location of the PCIe slots (front of the server) - four double-wide GPU slots
Figure 9. Location of the PCIe slots (front of the server) - eight single-wide GPU slots
ThinkSystem SR670 1-3 Slot PCIe x16 FHFL Riser Kit
ThinkSystem SR670 4 Slot PCIe x8/x16 FHHL Riser Kit
The PCIe slots are as follows, including which processor that each slot is connected to:
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x16 (full-height, half-length) (CPU 1)
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x16 (full-height, half-length) (CPU 2)
- Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x4 (full-height, half-length) (PCH from CPU 1)
With four double-wide GPU slots (riser card B3Y8):
- Slot 4: PCIe 3.0 x16 for a GPU (full-height, full-length, double-width) (CPU 1)
- Slot 5: PCIe 3.0 x16 for a GPU (full-height, full-length, double-width) (CPU 1)
- Slot 6: PCIe 3.0 x16 for a GPU (full-height, full-length, double-width) (CPU 2)
- Slot 7: PCIe 3.0 x16 for a GPU (full-height, full-length, double-width) (CPU 2)
With eight single-wide half-length GPU slots (riser card B6BB):
- Slot 4: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 physical) for a GPU (full-height, half-length, single-width) (CPU 1)
- Slot 5: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 physical) for a GPU (full-height, half-length, single-width) (CPU 1)
- Slot 6: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 physical) for a GPU (full-height, full-length, single-width) (CPU 1)
- Slot 7: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 physical) for a GPU (full-height, half-length, single-width) (CPU 1)
- Slot 8: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 physical) for a GPU (full-height, full-length, single-width) (CPU 2)
- Slot 9: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 physical) for a GPU (full-height, half-length, single-width) (CPU 2)
- Slot 10: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 physical) for a GPU (full-height, half-length, single-width) (CPU 2)
- Slot 11: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 physical) for a GPU (full-height, half-length, single-width) (CPU 2)
The SR670 does not have an onboard Ethernet controller.
The following table lists supported network adapters that can be installed in the regular PCIe slots.
|7ZT7A00534||AUZY||ThinkSystem I350-T2 PCIe 1Gb 2-Port RJ45 Ethernet Adapter||1,2,3||3|
|10 Gb Ethernet|
|7ZT7A00537||AUKX||ThinkSystem Intel X710-DA2 PCIe 10Gb 2-Port SFP+ Ethernet Adapter||1,2||2|
|100 Gb Ethernet / InfiniBand|
|00MM960||ATRP||Mellanox ConnectX-4 2x100GbE/EDR IB QSFP28 VPI Adapter||1,2||2|
|4C57A08980*||B0RM*||Mellanox ConnectX-5 EDR IB VPI Dual-port x16 PCIe 3.0 HCA||1,2||1|
|Omni Path Architecture|
|00WE027||AU0B||Intel OPA 100 Series Single-port PCIe 3.0 x16 HFA||1,2||2|
* Note: This ConnectX-5 adapter is only available to Lenovo customers through LeSI.
For more information, including the transceivers and cables that each adapter supports, see the list of Lenovo Press Product Guides in the Networking adapters category:
Fibre Channel host bus adapters
The SR670 does not currently support any Fibre Channel adapters.
SAS adapters for external storage
The following table lists the SAS HBA supported by the SR670 server for use with external storage.
|7Y37A01090||AUNR||ThinkSystem 430-8e SAS/SATA 12Gb HBA||1, 2||1|
For more information, see the Lenovo Press Product Guides in the Host bus adapter category:
The following table lists the specifications of the supported external SAS HBA.
|Controller chip||LSI SAS3408|
|Host interface||PCIe 3.0 x8|
|Port interface||12 Gb SAS|
|Number of ports||8|
|Port connectors||2x Mini-SAS HD SFF8644|
|CacheVault cache protection||None|
|Performance Accelerator (FastPath)||No|
|SSD Caching (CacheCade Pro 2.0)||No|
* SAS HBAs support SEDs (self-encrypting drives) by using software on the server and simply passing SED commands through the HBA to the drives.
Flash storage adapters
The SR670 does not currently support any Flash Storage adapters.
The SR670 supports the GPUs listed in the following table.
|Double-wide GPUs - require feature code B3Y8 riser cards|
|4X67A12088||B34S||ThinkSystem NVIDIA Tesla V100 32GB PCIe Passive GPU||4,5,6,7||4|
|4C57A09498||B1JY||ThinkSystem NVIDIA Tesla V100 16GB PCIe Passive GPU||4,5,6,7||4|
|7C57A02888||B15U||ThinkSystem NVIDIA Tesla P40 24GB PCIe Passive GPU||4,5,6,7||4|
|4C57A16224||B5DN||ThinkSystem SR670 AMD Radeon Instinct MI25 16Gb PCIe Passive GPU||4,5,6,7||4|
|Single-wide GPUs - require feature code B6BB riser cards|
|4X67A14926||B4YB||ThinkSystem NVIDIA Tesla T4 16GB PCIe Passive GPU||4-11||8|
When fewer than the maximum number of GPUs is installed, you can specify in the CTO factory order how you want the GPUs installed in the slots:
- Distributed GPU Configuration: Indicates that GPUs are populated as equally as possible between the two processors
- Concentrated GPU Configuration: Indicates that GPUs should fully populate all slots connected to CPU 1 first, and then once those slots are consumed, install the slots connected to CPU 2.
For details about these GPUs, consult the ThinkSystem GPU Summary, availlable from:
For customers that purchase the AMD Radeon Instinct MI25 directly from AMD, the required power cable is not included with the GPU. To use a customer-supplied MI25 GPU with the SR670, order the cable listed in the following table, one for each GPU to be installed.
|4Z57A26300||ThinkSystem SR670 PCIe 6-pin + PCIe 8-pin Power Adapter Cable|
Note: This cable is only for a customer-supplied AMD Radeon Instinct MI25. Option part number 4C57A16224 already includes the cable. The cable is not required for any NVIDIA adapter.
The server has six 60 mm simple-swap fans and all six fans are standard in all models. The server offers N+1 fan redundancy, meaning that one fan can fail and the server still operates normally in typical datacenter environments. However, if the ambient temperate is above 27°C and a fan failure occurs, the GPUs may be instructed by the system to enter an emergency power reduction state whereby GPU performance will be impacted.
Each power supply has an integrated fan.
The server includes two 2000W hot-swap redundant power supplies. Both power supplies are standard.
The power supplies form a redundant pair in all server configurations except when the quantity of 250W (or greater) GPUs is three or more. Such GPUs includes the double-wide NVIDIA V100, NVIDIA P40 and AMD MI25 GPUs.
In such configurations, in the event of a single power supply failure, by default the server will proactively throttle the performance of the GPUs. This setting is configurable in UEFI. See the SR670 Information Center for details:
|110V AC||220V AC||240V DC
|CTO only||B3YC||2000W Platinum (230V) Power Supply||2||No||Yes||No|
Line cords and rack power cables can be ordered as listed in the following table.
|Part number||Feature code||Description|
|00Y3043||A4VP||1.0m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to C14 Jumper Cord|
|39Y7937||6201||1.5m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to C14 Jumper Cord|
|4L67A08369||6570||2.0m, 13A/100-250V, C13 to C14 Jumper Cord|
|4L67A08366||6311||2.8m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to C14 Jumper Cord|
|4L67A08370||6400||2.8m, 13A/100-250V, C13 to C14 Jumper Cord|
|39Y7932||6263||4.3m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to C14 Jumper Cord|
|4L67A08371||6583||4.3m, 13A/100-250V, C13 to C14 Jumper Cord|
|39Y7930||6222||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to IRAM 2073 (Argentina) Line Cord|
|81Y2384||6492||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to IRAM 2073 (Argentina) Line Cord|
|39Y7924||6211||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to AS/NZS 3112 (Australia/NZ) Line Cord|
|81Y2383||6574||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to AS/NZS 3112 (Australia/NZ) Line Cord|
|69Y1988||6532||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to NBR 14136 (Brazil) Line Cord|
|81Y2387||6404||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to NBR 14136 (Brazil) Line Cord|
|39Y7928||6210||2.8m, 10A/220V, C13 to GB 2099.1 (China) Line Cord|
|81Y2378||6580||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to GB 2099.1 (China) Line Cord|
|39Y7918||6213||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to DK2-5a (Denmark) Line Cord|
|81Y2382||6575||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to DK2-5a (Denmark) Line Cord|
|39Y7917||6212||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to CEE 7/7 (Europe) Line Cord|
|81Y2376||6572||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to CEE 7/7 (Europe) Line Cord|
|39Y7927||6269||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to IS 6538 (India) Line Cord|
|81Y2386||6567||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to IS 6538 (India) Line Cord|
|39Y7920||6218||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to SI 32 (Israel) Line Cord|
|81Y2381||6579||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to SI 32 (Israel) Line Cord|
|39Y7921||6217||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to CEI 23-16 (Italy) Line Cord|
|81Y2380||6493||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to CEI 23-16 (Italy) Line Cord|
|4L67A08362||6495||4.3m, 12A/200V, C13 to JIS C-8303 (Japan) Line Cord|
|39Y7922||6214||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to SABS 164-1 (South Africa) Line Cord|
|81Y2379||6576||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to SANS 164-1 (South Africa) Line Cord|
|39Y7925||6219||2.8m, 12A/220V, C13 to KSC 8305 (S. Korea) Line Cord|
|81Y2385||6494||4.3m, 12A/250V, C13 to KSC 8305 (S. Korea) Line Cord|
|39Y7919||6216||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to SEV 1011-S24507 (Swiss) Line Cord|
|81Y2390||6578||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to SEV 1011-S24507 (Swiss) Line Cord|
|81Y2375||6317||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to CNS 10917 (Taiwan) Line Cord|
|81Y2389||6531||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to CNS 10917 (Taiwan) Line Cord|
|39Y7923||6215||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to BS 1363/A (UK) Line Cord|
|81Y2377||6577||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to BS 1363/A (UK) Line Cord|
|46M2592||A1RF||2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to NEMA 6-15P (US) Line Cord|
|4L67A08361||6373||4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to NEMA 6-15P (US) Line Cord|
The server supports booting from an operating system or hypiervisor installed on an M.2 solid-state drive. See the M.2 drives section for details and the list of available options.
The SR670 contains an integrated service processor, XClarity Controller (XCC), which provides advanced control, monitoring, and alerting functions. The XCC is based on the Pilot4 XE401 baseboard management controller (BMC) using a dual-core ARM Cortex A9 service processor.
The SR670 offers a front operator panel with key LED status indicators, as shown in the following figure.
Note: The System Activity LED is not currently being used.
Figure 10. Front operator panel
Remote server management is provided through industry-standard interfaces:
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) Version 2.0
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Version 3 (no SET commands; no SNMP v1)
- Common Information Model (CIM-XML)
- Representational State Transfer (REST) support
- Redfish API Spec v1.0.2 compliant
- Web browser - HTML 5-based browser interface (Java and ActiveX not required) using a responsive design (content optimized for device being used - laptop, tablet, phone) with NLS support
- The servers's serial port can be redirected and accessed remotely via IPMI or SSH via XClarity Controller
There are two XClarity Controller upgrades available for the server, Advanced and Enterprise.
Lenovo XClarity Controller Advanced adds the following remote control functions:
- Remotely viewing video with graphics resolutions up to 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with up to 23 bits per pixel, regardless of the system state
- Remotely accessing the server using the keyboard and mouse from a remote client
- Capturing blue-screen errors
- International keyboard mapping support
- LDAP-based authentication
Lenovo XClarity Controller Enterprise enables the following additional features:
- Boot Capture
- Remote mounting of CD-ROM (ISO) and diskette (IMG) files as virtual drives
- Virtual console collaboration - Ability for up to 6 remote users to be log into the remote session simultaneously
- Power capping
For configure-to-order (CTO), you can elect to have one of the following XCC functionality by selecting the appropriate XCC feature codes as listed in the following table:
- XCC Standard - select neither feature listed in the table
- XCC Advanced - select feature AVUT
- XCC Enterprise - select feature AUPW
|AVUT||ThinkSystem XClarity Controller Standard to Advanced Upgrade|
|AUPW||ThinkSystem XClarity Controller Standard to Enterprise Upgrade|
The following table shows the field upgrades available for SR670 servers already deployed.
|Part number||Feature code||Description|
|4L47A09132||AVUT||ThinkSystem XClarity Controller Standard to Advanced Upgrade
(for servers that have XCC Standard)
|4L47A09133||AVUU||ThinkSystem XClarity Controller Advanced to Enterprise Upgrade
(for servers that have XCC Advanced)
Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager
Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager (LXPM) is a UEFI-based application embedded in ThinkSystem servers and accessible via the F1 key during system boot.
LXPM provides the following functions:
- Graphical UEFI Setup
- System inventory information and VPD update
- System firmware updates (UEFI and XCC)
- RAID setup wizard
- OS installation wizard (including unattended OS installation)
- Diagnostics functions
Lenovo XClarity Essentials
Lenovo offers the following XClarity Essentials software tools that can help you set up, use, and maintain the server at no additional cost:
- Lenovo Essentials OneCLI
OneCLI is a collection of server management tools that uses a command line interface program to manage firmware, hardware, and operating systems. It provides functions to collect full system health information (including health status), configure system settings, and update system firmware and drivers.
- Lenovo Essentials UpdateXpress
The UpdateXpress tool is a standalone GUI application for firmware and device driver updates that enables you to maintain your server firmware and device drivers up-to-date and help you avoid unnecessary server outages. The tool acquires and deploys individual updates and UpdateXpress System Packs (UXSPs) which are integration-tested bundles.
- Lenovo Essentials Bootable Media Creator
The Bootable Media Creator (BOMC) tool is used to create bootable media for offline firmware update.
For more information and downloads, visit the Lenovo XClarity Essentials web page:
The server offers the following security features:
- Administrator and power-on password
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) supporting TPM 2.0 (TPM 1.2 support is planned)
- Optional Nationz TPM 2.0, available only in China
The Nationz TPM module is available only for China customers and is installed in a dedicated socket on the system board, as shown in Figure 4.
|Part number||Feature code||Description|
|None*||B22N||ThinkSystem Nationz Trusted Platform Module v2.0 (China customers only)|
* Not available as a field upgrade. The component is configure to order only.
The SR670 supports a slide rail kit, however a cable management arm is not available. The following table lists ordering information.
|CTO only*||B47V||ThinkSystem SR670 Slide Rail|
* Only available as part of a configure-to-order (CTO) configuration. Not currently available as a separate option.
The following figure shows the Slide Rail kit.
Figure 11. ThinkSystem SR670 Slide Rail
Operating system support
The server supports the following operating systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1
For a complete list of supported, certified and tested operating systems, plus additional details and links to relevant web sites, see the Operating System Interoperability Guide: https://lenovopress.com/osig
Physical and electrical specifications
- Height: 87 mm (3.4 in.) (2U)
- Top cover: 439 mm (17.3 in.)
- EIA flange: 488 mm (19.3 in.)
- EIA flange to rear: 870 mm (34.3 in.)
- Overall: 933 mm (36.8 in.)
- 32 kg (71.9 lb) depending on the specific configuration
- Input voltage
- 200 - 240 (nominal) V AC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- With 2000 W AC power supplies:
- 200 - 240 (nominal) V AC; 50 Hz or 60 Hz; 9.9 A
- Input kilovolt-amperes (kVA) (approximately):
- Minimum configuration: 0.746 kVA
- Maximum configuration: 2.04 kVA
When GPUs are installed, the ThinkSystem SR670 server complies with ASHRAE Class A2 air temperature specifications.
The server is supported in the following environment:
- Air temperature:
- Operating: ASHRAE Class A2: 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)
- The maximum ambient temperature decreases by 1°C for every 300 m (984 ft) increase in altitude above 900 m (2,953 ft)
- Server off: 5°C to 45°C (41°F to 113°F)
- Shipment/storage: -40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F)
- Maximum altitude: 3,050 m (10,000 ft)
- Relative Humidity (non-condensing):
- Operating: 20% to 80%; maximum dew point: 21°C (70°F)
- Shipment/storage: 8% to 90%
The server generates the following heat and noise:
- Heat/thermal output:
- Minimum configuration: 2544 BTU/hr, 746W
- Maximum configuration: 6963 BTU/hr, 2042W
- Noise levels (see notes below):
- Sound power, idling: 7.0 bels
- Sound power, operating (typical workload): 7.5 bels
- Sound power, operating (maximum workload): 8.5 bels
The server has the following vibration and shock limits:
- Operating: 0.21 G rms at 5 Hz to 500 Hz for 15 minutes across 3 axes
- Non-operating: 1.04 G rms at 2 Hz to 200 Hz for 15 minutes across 6 surfaces
- Operating: 15 G for 3 milliseconds in each direction (positive and negative X, Y, and Z axes)
- Non-operating: 23 kg - 31 kg: 35 G for 152 in./sec velocity change across 6 surfaces
Notes regarding noise levels:
- These sound levels were measured in controlled acoustical environments according to procedures specified by ISO7779 and are reported in accordance with ISO 9296.
- The declared acoustic noise levels are based on specified configurations, which may change slightly depending on configuration/conditions.
- Government regulations (such as those prescribed by OSHA or European Community Directives) may govern noise level exposure in the workplace and may apply to you and your server installation. The actual sound pressure levels in your installation depend upon a variety of factors, including the number of racks in the installation, the size, materials, and configuration of the room, the noise levels from other equipment, the room ambient temperature, and employees' location in relation to the equipment. Further, compliance with such government regulations also depends upon a variety of additional factors, including the duration of employees' exposure and whether employees wear hearing protection. Lenovo recommends that you consult with qualified experts in this field to determine whether you are in compliance with the applicable regulations.
Warranty and Support
The SR670 has a 1-year or 3-year warranty based on the machine type of the system. It is also available without any warranty.
- 7Y36 - 1 year warranty
- 7Y37 - 3 year warranty
- 7Y38 - No warranty
The standard warranty terms are customer-replaceable unit (CRU) and onsite (for field-replaceable units FRUs only) with standard call center support during normal business hours and 9x5 Next Business Day Parts Delivered.
Lenovo’s additional support services provide a sophisticated, unified support structure for your data center, with an experience consistently ranked number one in customer satisfaction worldwide. Available offerings include:
- Premier Support
Premier Support provides a Lenovo-owned customer experience and delivers direct access to technicians skilled in hardware, software, and advanced troubleshooting, in addition to the following:
- Direct technician-to-technician access through a dedicated phone line
- 24x7x365 remote support
- Single point of contact service
- End to end case management
- Third-party collaborative software support
- Online case tools and live chat support
- On-demand remote system analysis
- Warranty Upgrade (Preconfigured Support)
Services are available to meet the on-site response time targets that match the criticality of your systems.
- 3, 4, or 5 years of service coverage
- 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions
- Foundation Service: 9x5 service coverage with next business day onsite response. YourDrive YourData is an optional extra (see below).
- Essential Service: 24x7 service coverage with 4-hour onsite response or 24-hour committed repair (available only in select countries). Bundled with YourDrive YourData.
- Advanced Service: 24x7 service coverage with 2-hour onsite response or 6-hour committed repair (available only in select countries). Bundled with YourDrive YourData.
- Managed Services
Lenovo Managed Services provides continuous 24x7 remote monitoring (plus 24x7 call center availability) and proactive management of a your data center using state of the art tools, systems, and practices by a team of highly skilled and experienced Lenovo services professionals.
Quarterly reviews check error logs, verify firmware & OS device driver levels, and software as needed. We’ll also maintain records of latest patches, critical updates, and firmware levels, to ensure you systems are providing business value through optimized performance.
- Technical Account Management (TAM)
A Lenovo Technical Account Manager helps you optimize the operation of your data center based on a deep understanding of your business. You gain direct access to your Lenovo TAM, who serves as your single point of contact to expedite service requests, provide status updates, and furnish reports to track incidents over time. In addition, your TAM will help proactively make service recommendations and manage your service relationship with Lenovo to make certain your needs are met.
- Enterprise Server Software Support
Enterprise Software Support is an additional support service providing customers with software support on Microsoft, Red Hat, SUSE, and VMware applications and systems. Around the clock availability for critical problems plus unlimited calls and incidents helps customers address challenges fast, without incremental costs. Support staff can answer troubleshooting and diagnostic questions, address product comparability and interoperability issues, isolate causes of problems, report defects to software vendors, and more.
- YourDrive YourData
Lenovo’s YourDrive YourData is a multi-drive retention offering that ensures your data is always under your control, regardless of the number of drives that are installed in your Lenovo server. In the unlikely event of a drive failure, you retain possession of your drive while Lenovo replaces the failed drive part. Your data stays safely on your premises, in your hands. The YourDrive YourData service can be purchased in convenient bundles, and is optional with Foundation Service. It is bundled with Essential Service and Advanced Service.
- Health Check
Having a trusted partner who can perform regular and detailed health checks is central to maintaining efficiency and ensuring that your systems and business are always running at their best. Health Check supports Lenovo-branded server, storage, and networking devices, as well as select Lenovo-supported products from other vendors that are sold by Lenovo or a Lenovo-Authorized Reseller.
Examples of region-specific warranty terms are second or longer business day parts delivery or parts-only base warranty.
If warranty terms and conditions include onsite labor for repair or replacement of parts, Lenovo will dispatch a service technician to the customer site to perform the replacement. Onsite labor under base warranty is limited to labor for replacement of parts that have been determined to be field-replaceable units (FRUs). Parts that are determined to be customer-replaceable units (CRUs) do not include onsite labor under base warranty.
If warranty terms include parts-only base warranty, Lenovo is responsible for delivering only replacement parts that are under base warranty (including FRUs) that will be sent to a requested location for self-service. Parts-only service does not include a service technician being dispatched onsite. Parts must be changed at customer’s own cost and labor and defective parts must be returned following the instructions supplied with the spares parts.
Lenovo Service offerings are region-specific. Not all preconfigured support and upgrade options are available in every region. For information about Lenovo service upgrade offerings that are available in your region, refer to the following resources:
For service definitions, region-specific details, and service limitations, please refer to the following documents:
- Lenovo Statement of Limited Warranty for Data Center Group (DCG) Servers and System Storage
- Lenovo Data Center Services Agreement
Lenovo Services is a dedicated partner to your success. Our goal is to reduce your capital outlays, mitigate your IT risks, and accelerate your time to productivity.
Here’s a more in-depth look at what we can do for you:
- Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services (ARS) helps customers recover the maximum value from their end-of-life equipment in a cost-effective and secure way. On top of simplifying the transition from old to new equipment, ARS mitigates environmental and data security risks associated with data center equipment disposal. Lenovo ARS is a cash-back solution for equipment based on its remaining market value, yielding maximum value from aging assets and lowering total cost of ownership for your customers.
- Assessment Services
An Assessment helps solve your IT challenges through an onsite, multi-day session with a Lenovo technology expert. We perform a tools based assessment which provides a comprehensive and thorough review of a company's environment and technology systems. In addition to the technology based functional requirements, the consultant also discusses and records the non-functional business requirements, challenges, and constraints. Assessments help organizations like yours, no matter how large or small, get a better return on your IT investment and overcome challenges in the ever-changing technology landscape.
- Design Services
Professional Services consultants perform infrastructure design and implementation planning to support your strategy. The high-level architectures provided by the assessment service are turned into low level designs and wiring diagrams, which are reviewed and approved prior to implementation The implementation plan will demonstrate an outcome-based proposal to provide business capabilities through infrastructure with a risk-mitigated project plan.
- Basic Hardware Installation
Lenovo experts can seamlessly manage the physical installation of your server, storage, or networking hardware. Working at a time convenient for you (business hours or off shift), the technician will unpack and inspect the systems on your site, install options, mount in a rack cabinet, connect to power and network, check and update firmware to the latest levels, verify operation, and dispose of the packaging, allowing your team to focus on other priorities.
- Deployment Services
When investing in new IT infrastructures, you need to ensure your business will see quick time to value with little to no disruption. Lenovo deployments are designed by development and engineering teams who know our Products & Solutions better than anyone else, and our technicians own the process from delivery to completion. Lenovo will conduct remote preparation and planning, configure & integrate systems, validate systems, verify and update appliance firmware, train on administrative tasks, and provide post-deployment documentation. Customer’s IT teams leverage our skills to enable IT staff to transform with higher level roles and tasks.
- Integration, Migration, and Expansion Services
Move existing physical & virtual workloads easily, or determine technical requirements to support increased workloads while maximizing performance. Includes tuning, validation, and documenting ongoing run processes. Leverage migration assessment planning documents to perform necessary migrations.
Some service options may not be available in all countries. For more information, go to https://www.lenovo.com/systems/services. For information about Lenovo service upgrade offerings that are available in your region, contact your local Lenovo sales representative or business partner.
The SR670 server conforms to the following standards:
- Energy Star v2.1
- FCC: Verified to comply with Part 15 of the FCC Rules, Class A
- Canada ICES-003, issue 6, Class A
- UL/IEC 60950-1
- UL/IEC 62368-1
- CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1
- Japan VCCI, Class A
- Australia/New Zealand AS/NZS CISPR 32, Class A; AS/NZS 60950.1
- IEC 60950-1 (CB Certificate and CB Test Report)
- IEC 62368-1 (CB Certificate and CB Test Report)
- China CCC (GB4943.1), GB9254 Class A, GB17625.1
- Taiwan BSMI CNS13438, Class A; CNS14336-1
- Korea KN32, Class A; KN35
- Russia, Belorussia and Kazakhstan, EAC: TP TC 004/2011(for Safety); TP TC 020/2011(for EMC)
- CE Mark (EN55032 Class A, EN60950-1, EN55024, EN61000-3-2, and EN61000-3-3)
- CISPR 32, Class A
- TUV-GS (EN60950-1 /IEC60950-1, EK1-ITB2000)
External drive enclosures
The server supports attachment to external drive enclosures using a RAID controller with external ports or a SAS host bus adapter. Adapters supported by the server are listed in the SAS adapters for external storage section.
Note: Information provided in this section is for ordering reference purposes only. For the operating system and adapter support details, refer to the interoperability matrix for a particular storage enclosure that can be found on the Lenovo Data Center Support web site:
|Lenovo Storage D1212 LFF Disk Expansion with Dual SAS IO Modules||4587A11||4587A1J||4587A1C|
|Lenovo Storage D1224 SFF Disk Expansion with Dual SAS IO Modules||4587A31||4587A3J||4587A3C|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 4TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641311F|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 6TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641312F|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 8TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641313F|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 10TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641314F|
For details about supported drives, adapters, and cables, see the following Lenovo Press Product Guides:
Top-of-rack Ethernet switches
The PCIe slots in the SR670 are all front-accessible. This means that top-of-rack networking switches would normally be installed at the front of the rack and all switches would have front-to-rear airflow (Opposite Port Side Exhaust or oPSE).
The server supports the top-of-rack Ethernet switches that are listed in the following table. These switches have front-to-rear (reverse) airflow for use with servers where the networking ports are at the front of the server.
Table 27. Top-of-rack switches
|1 Gb top-of-rack switches|
|7Y810012WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE0152T RackSwitch (Front to Rear)|
|715952F||Lenovo RackSwitch G8052 (Front to Rear)|
|10 Gb top-of-rack switches|
|7159A2X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032 RackSwitch (Front to Rear)|
|7159B2X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032T RackSwitch (Front to Rear)|
|7159C2X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1072T RackSwitch (Front to Rear)|
|715964F||Lenovo RackSwitch G8264 (Front to Rear)|
|7159DFX||Lenovo RackSwitch G8264CS (Front to Rear)|
|7159CFV||Lenovo RackSwitch G8272 (Front to Rear)|
|7159GR5||Lenovo RackSwitch G8296 (Front to Rear)|
|25 Gb top-of-rack switches|
|7159E2X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2572 RackSwitch (Front to Rear)|
|40 Gb top-of-rack switches|
|7159BFX||Lenovo RackSwitch G8332 (Front to Rear)|
|100 Gb top-of-rack switches|
|7159D2X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE10032 RackSwitch (Front to Rear)|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Top-of-rack switches categories:
- 1 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/1gb?rt=product-guide
- 10 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/10gb?rt=product-guide
- 25 Gb Ethernet switches: https://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/25gb?rt=product-guide
- 40 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/40gb?rt=product-guide
- 100 Gb Ethernet switches: https://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/100Gb?rt=product-guide
If desired, switches with traditional air flow (rear to front) can also be used, with such switches installed at the rear of the rack and cables routed to the front of the rack to connect to the network ports of the SR670 server.
The following table lists the Ethernet LAN switches that are offered by Lenovo.
|1 Gb Ethernet Rack switches|
|7Y810011WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE0152T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z320O11WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE0152TO RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|7159BAX||Lenovo RackSwitch G7028 (Rear to Front)|
|7159CAX||Lenovo RackSwitch G7052 (Rear to Front)|
|7159G52||Lenovo RackSwitch G8052 (Rear to Front)|
|7165H1X||Juniper EX2300-C PoE Switch|
|7165H2X||Juniper EX2300-24p PoE Switch|
|1 Gb Ethernet Campus switches|
|7Z340011WW||Lenovo CE0128TB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z360011WW||Lenovo CE0128TB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|7Z340012WW||Lenovo CE0128PB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z360012WW||Lenovo CE0128PB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|7Z350021WW||Lenovo CE0152TB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z370021WW||Lenovo CE0152TB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|7Z350022WW||Lenovo CE0152PB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z370022WW||Lenovo CE0152PB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|10 Gb Ethernet switches|
|7159A1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7159B1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7159C1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1072T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7159CRW||Lenovo RackSwitch G8272 (Rear to Front)|
|7159GR6||Lenovo RackSwitch G8296 (Rear to Front)|
|25 Gb Ethernet switches|
|7159E1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2572 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z210O21WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2572O RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|100 Gb Ethernet switches|
|7159D1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE10032 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z210O11WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE10032O RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the following switch categories:
- 1 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/1gb?rt=product-guide
- 10 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/10gb?rt=product-guide
- 25 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/25gb?rt=product-guide
- 40 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/40gb?rt=product-guide
- 100 Gb Ethernet switches: https://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/100Gb?rt=product-guide
Uninterruptible power supply units
The following table lists the uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units that are offered by Lenovo.
|55941KX||RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55942KX||RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55943KX||RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55945KX||RT5kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55946KX||RT6kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55948KX||RT8kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55949KX||RT11kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55948PX||RT8kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)|
|55949PX||RT11kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)|
|55943KT†||ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Standard UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)|
|55943LT†||ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Long Backup UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)|
|55946KT†||ThinkSystem RT6kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)|
|5594XKT†||ThinkSystem RT10kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)|
† Only available in China and countries in the Asia Pacific region.
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the UPS category:
Power distribution units
The following table lists the power distribution units (PDUs) that are offered by Lenovo.
|0U Basic PDUs|
|00YJ776||0U 36 C13/6 C19 24A/200-240V 1 Phase PDU with NEMA L6-30P line cord|
|00YJ777||0U 36 C13/6 C19 32A/200-240V 1 Phase PDU with IEC60309 332P6 line cord|
|00YJ778||0U 21 C13/12 C19 32A/200-240V/346-415V 3 Phase PDU with IEC60309 532P6 line cord|
|00YJ779||0U 21 C13/12 C19 48A/200-240V 3 Phase PDU with IEC60309 460P9 line cord|
|Switched and Monitored PDUs|
|00YJ780||0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 32A/200-240V/1Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 332P6 line cord|
|00YJ781||0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 24A/200-240V/1Ph PDU w/ NEMA L6-30P line cord|
|00YJ782||0U 18 C13/6 C19 Switched / Monitored 32A/200-240V/346-415V/3Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 532P6 cord|
|00YJ783||0U 12 C13/12 C19 Switched and Monitored 48A/200-240V/3Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 460P9 line cord|
|46M4002||1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU (without line cord)|
|46M4003||1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord|
|46M4004||1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU (without line cord)|
|46M4005||1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord|
|Ultra Density Enterprise PDUs (9x IEC 320 C13 + 3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|71762NX||Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU Module (without line cord)|
|71763NU||Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU 60A/208V/3ph with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord|
|C13 Enterprise PDUs (12x IEC 320 C13 outlets)|
|39M2816||DPI C13 Enterprise PDU+ (without line cord)|
|39Y8941||DPI Single Phase C13 Enterprise PDU (without line cord)|
|C19 Enterprise PDUs (6x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|39Y8948||DPI Single Phase C19 Enterprise PDU (without line cord)|
|39Y8923||DPI 60A 3 Phase C19 Enterprise PDU with IEC 309 3P+G (208 V) fixed line cord|
|Front-end PDUs (3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|39Y8939||DPI 30amp/250V Front-end PDU with NEMA L6-30P line cord|
|39Y8934||DPI 32amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord|
|39Y8940||DPI 60amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord|
|39Y8935||DPI 63amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord|
|Line cords for PDUs that ship without a line cord|
|40K9611||DPI 32a Line Cord (IEC 309 3P+N+G)|
|40K9612||DPI 32a Line Cord (IEC 309 P+N+G)|
|40K9613||DPI 63a Cord (IEC 309 P+N+G)|
|40K9614||DPI 30a Line Cord (NEMA L6-30P)|
|40K9615||DPI 60a Cord (IEC 309 2P+G)|
|40K9617||DPI Australian/NZ 3112 Line Cord|
|40K9618||DPI Korean 8305 Line Cord|
For more information, see the Lenovo Press documents in the PDU category:
The following table lists the supported rack cabinets.
|93072RX||25U Standard Rack|
|93072PX||25U Static S2 Standard Rack|
|93634PX||42U 1100mm Dynamic Rack|
|93634EX||42U 1100mm Dynamic Expansion Rack|
|93604PX||42U 1200mm Deep Dynamic Rack|
|93614PX||42U 1200mm Deep Static Rack|
|93084EX||42U Enterprise Expansion Rack|
|93084PX||42U Enterprise Rack|
|93074RX||42U Standard Rack|
|Withdrawn rack cabinets|
|93604EX*||42U 1200mm Deep Dynamic Expansion Rack|
|93614EX*||42U 1200mm Deep Static Expansion Rack|
|93074XX*||42U Standard Rack Extension|
|93624PX*||47U 1200mm Deep Static Rack|
|93624EX*||47U 1200mm Deep Static Expansion Rack|
|93634BX*||PureFlex System 42U Expansion Rack|
|93634DX*||PureFlex System 42U Expansion Rack|
|93634AX*||PureFlex System 42U Rack|
|93634CX*||PureFlex System 42U Rack|
* Withdrawn from marketing
For specifications about these racks, see the Lenovo Rack Cabinet Reference, available from:
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Rack cabinets category:
KVM console options
The following table lists the supported KVM consoles, keyboards, and KVM switches.
|17238BX||1U 18.5" Standard Console (without keyboard)|
|7ZB7A05469||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Arabic 253 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05468||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Belg/UK 120 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05206||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Czech 489 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05207||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Danish 159 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05208||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Dutch 143 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05210||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Fr/Canada 445 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05209||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - French 189 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05211||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - German 129 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05212||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Greek 219 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05213||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Hebrew 212 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05214||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Hungarian 208 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05215||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Italian 141 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05216||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Japanese 194 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05217||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Korean 413 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05218||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - LA Span 171 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05219||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Norwegian 155 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05220||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Polish 214 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05221||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Portuguese 163 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05222||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Russian 441 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05223||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Slovak 245 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05231||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Slovenian 234 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05224||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Spanish 172 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05225||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Swed/Finn 153 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05226||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Swiss F/G 150 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05227||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Thai 191 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05467||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Trad Chinese/US 467 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05228||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Turkish 179 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05229||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - UK Eng 166 RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05470||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - US Eng 103P RoHS v2|
|7ZB7A05230||ThinkSystem Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - US Euro 103P RoHS v2|
|ThinkSystem Digital and Analog KVM Console switches and cables|
|1754D1T||ThinkSystem Digital 2x1x16 KVM Switch (DVI video output port)|
|1754A1T||ThinkSystem Analog 1x8 KVM Switch (DVI video output port)|
|4X97A11108||ThinkSystem VGA to DVI Conversion Cable|
|4X97A11109||ThinkSystem Single-USB Conversion Cable for Digital KVM|
|4X97A11107||ThinkSystem Dual-USB Conversion Cable for Digital KVM|
|4X97A11106||ThinkSystem USB Conversion Cable for Analog KVM|
|GCM and LCM Console switches and cables|
|1754D2X||Global 4x2x32 Console Manager (GCM32)|
|1754D1X||Global 2x2x16 Console Manager (GCM16)|
|1754A2X||Local 2x16 Console Manager (LCM16)|
|1754A1X||Local 1x8 Console Manager (LCM8)|
|43V6147||Single Cable USB Conversion Option (UCO)|
|39M2895||USB Conversion Option (4 Pack UCO)|
|46M5383||Virtual Media Conversion Option Gen2 (VCO2)|
|46M5382||Serial Conversion Option (SCO)|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the KVM Switches and Consoles category:
Lenovo Financial Services
Lenovo Financial Services reinforces Lenovo’s commitment to deliver pioneering products and services that are recognized for their quality, excellence, and trustworthiness. Lenovo Financial Services offers financing solutions and services that complement your technology solution anywhere in the world.
We are dedicated to delivering a positive finance experience for customers like you who want to maximize your purchase power by obtaining the technology you need today, protect against technology obsolescence, and preserve your capital for other uses.
We work with businesses, non-profit organizations, governments and educational institutions to finance their entire technology solution. We focus on making it easy to do business with us. Our highly experienced team of finance professionals operates in a work culture that emphasizes the importance of providing outstanding customer service. Our systems, processes and flexible policies support our goal of providing customers with a positive experience.
We finance your entire solution. Unlike others, we allow you to bundle everything you need from hardware and software to service contracts, installation costs, training fees, and sales tax. If you decide weeks or months later to add to your solution, we can consolidate everything into a single invoice.
Our Premier Client services provide large accounts with special handling services to ensure these complex transactions are serviced properly. As a premier client, you have a dedicated finance specialist who manages your account through its life, from first invoice through asset return or purchase. This specialist develops an in-depth understanding of your invoice and payment requirements. For you, this dedication provides a high-quality, easy, and positive financing experience.
For your region specific offers please ask your Lenovo sales representative or your technology provider about the use of Lenovo Financial Services. For more information, see the following Lenovo website:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
Bootable Media Creator
UpdateXpress System Packs
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Intel®, Optane™, and Xeon® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
Linux® is a trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries, or both.
ActiveX®, Hyper-V®, and Microsoft® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.