Reference Architecture: Lenovo Client Virtualization with Citrix XenDesktop and System x ServersReference Architecture
This document is the reference architecture (RA) for the Lenovo Client Virtualization (LCV) solution using Citrix XenDesktop on System x servers. It should be read in conjunction with the LCV base reference architecture document. This RA describes the software components of the solution including Citrix XenDesktop and a variety of hypervisors. The RA shows different operational models using Lenovo ThinkSystem servers and networking, and storage products with guidance on how to size each part of the solution. Some examples of different deployment models are provided together with an appendix containing the bill of materials.
Note: For Client Virtualization using ThinkSystem servers, see https://lenovopress.com/lp0664
Table of Contents
Appendix: Bill of materials
Click the Download PDF button to download the document.
Changes in the March 27 (Version 1.4) update:
- Added performance measurements and recommendations for the Intel E5-2600 v4 processor family with ESXi 6.5a and added BOMs for Lenovo M5 “Broadwell” series servers.
- Replaced SAN switches with Lenovo B65xx series switches.
- Removed older storage and replaced with Lenovo storage.
- Replaced Nvidia GRID K1 and K2 GPUs with GRID 2.0 M60.
- Removed Atlantis storage.