Lenovo RackSwitch G8124EProduct Guide
The Lenovo RackSwitch™ G8124E delivers exceptional performance that is lossless and low latency. In addition, the G8124E delivers excellent cost savings as you consider acquisition costs, energy costs, plus its feature-rich design with when it comes to virtualization, CEE/FCoE, high availability, and its enterprise class Layer 2 and Layer 3 functionality.
This product guide provides essential pre-sales information to understand the structure of the RackSwitch G8124E offering, its key features and specifications, components and options, and configuration guidelines.
This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, IT architects, and other IT professionals who want to learn more about the RackSwitch G8124E and consider its use in IT solutions.
- This Product Guide describes currently available models of the Lenovo RackSwitch G8124E that support Networking OS version 8.x onwards.
- For withdrawn models of the RackSwitch G8124E that are no longer available for ordering that support Networking OS up to version 7.x, see the Lenovo Press Product Guide RackSwitch G8124E.
Changes in the February 5 update:
- Added UTP Category 5E and 6 cables
- Updated Warranty and maintenance
- Updated Network connectivity
- Updated Storage connectivity
- Updated Related publications and links
The Lenovo RackSwitch™ G8124E (as shown in the following figure) delivers exceptional performance that is lossless and low latency. In addition, the G8124E delivers excellent cost savings as you consider acquisition costs, energy costs, plus its feature-rich design with when it comes to virtualization, CEE/FCoE, high availability, and its enterprise class Layer 2 and Layer 3 functionality.
With support for 1 Gb Ethernet or 10 Gb Ethernet, the G8124E switch is designed for those clients that use 10 GbE today or plan to in the future. This switch is the first top of rack (TOR) 10 GbE switch that supports Lenovo Virtual Fabric, which helps clients significantly reduce cost and complexity when it comes to the I/O requirements of most virtualization deployments. Virtual Fabric can help clients reduce the number of multiple I/O adapters down to a single dual-port 10 GbE adapter and reduce the required number of cables and upstream switch ports.
Figure 1. Lenovo RackSwitch G8124E
Did you know?
The G8124E switch is designed to support several types of configurations from a server or downstream switches: 1 Gb, 10 Gb, virtual NIC, Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE/FCoE), and iSCSI. This single switch can handle all of these workloads and can connect to an upstream 1 Gb or 10 Gb infrastructure, or both.
The G8124E supports data center bridging (DCB), which is the IEEE’s group of protocols that provide Lossless Ethernet and allows for clients to reduce the costs of implementing FCoE by using port aggregation before connecting to more costly upstream gateway devices.
The G8124E can be configured in "easy connect" mode to allow for transparent and simple connectivity to the upstream network, which enables easy connectivity to upstream Cisco, Juniper, or other networks without changing those networks.
Virtual Fabric helps clients reduce costs and complexity in environments where they need four or more NICs per server. A perfect example is virtualization, where clients often need as many as eight NICs per dual-port 10 GbE adapter installed in a server.
The G8124E can help clients reduce the complexity of managing VMs and VM migration with VMready® feature that makes the network VM-aware.
The RackSwitch G8124E switch is considered particularly suited for the following customers:
- Customers who need ultra-low latency 10 GbE networking
- Customers who need to converge their SAN and LAN and need a FCoE transit switch
- Customers who need ways to reduce cost (CAPEX):
- Converge LAN and SAN traffic
- Purchase fewer adapters, transceivers, and cables per server
- Reduce upstream switching costs; fewer ports
- Customers who need to reduce complexity (OPEX):
- Fewer adapters to manage
- Manage fewer cables, which helps reduce potential points of failure
- Ability to standardize on Ethernet from all servers; Ethernet for all connectivity in a rack
- Ability to push out FC split to the end of the row
The RackSwitch G8124E offers the following features and benefits:
- High performance
The 10 GbE low latency (as low as 570 nanoseconds) switch provides the best combination of extremely low latency, non-blocking line-rate switching, and ease of management.
- Lower power and better cooling
The G8124E uses as little power as two 60 W light bulbs, which is a fraction of the power consumption of most competitive offerings. The G8124E rear-to-front cooling design reduces data center air conditioning costs by having airflow match the servers in the rack. In addition, variable speed fans assist in automatically reducing power consumption.
- Virtual Fabric
Virtual Fabric can help customers address I/O requirements for multiple NICs while also helping reduce cost and complexity. Virtual Fabric allows for the carving up of a physical NIC into multiple virtual NICs (up to 4 vNICs per 10 Gb physical port) and creates a virtual pipe between the adapter and the switch for improved performance, availability, and security while reducing cost and complexity.
- VM-aware networking
VMready software on the switch helps reduce configuration complexity while significantly improving security levels in virtualized environments. VMready automatically detects virtual machine movement from one physical server to another and instantly reconfigures each VM’s network policies across VLANs to keep the network up and running without interrupting traffic or impacting performance. VMready works with all leading VM providers, such as VMware, Citrix Xen, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Layer 3 functionality
The switch includes Layer 3 functionality, which provides security and performance benefits as inter-VLAN traffic stays within the chassis. This switch also provides the full range of Layer 3 protocols from static routes for technologies, such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) for enterprise customers.
- Seamless interoperability
RackSwitch switches interoperate seamlessly with other vendors' upstream switches.
- Fault tolerance
These switches learn alternative routes automatically and perform faster convergence if there is a link, switch, or power failure. The switch uses proven technologies, such as L2 trunk failover, advanced VLAN-based failover, VRRP, Hot Links, IGMP V3 snooping, and OSPF.
The switch supports CEE/DCB and connectivity to FCoE gateways. CEE helps enable clients to combine storage, messaging traffic, VoIP, video, and other data on a common data center Ethernet infrastructure. FCoE helps enable highly efficient block storage over Ethernet for consolidating server network connectivity. As a result, clients can deploy a single server interface for multiple data types, which can simplify deployment and management of server network connectivity while maintaining the high availability and robustness that is required for storage transactions.
- Transparent networking capability
With a simple configuration change to Easy Connect mode, the RackSwitch G8124E becomes a transparent network device that is invisible to the core, which eliminates network administration concerns of Spanning Tree Protocol configuration and interoperability and VLAN assignments and avoids any possible loops. By emulating a host NIC to the data center core, it accelerates the provisioning of VMs by eliminating the need to configure the typical access switch parameters.
Components and connectors
The front panel of the RackSwitch G8124E is shown in the following figure.
Figure 2. Front panel of the RackSwitch G8124E
The front panel of the G8124E features the following components:
- LEDs that display the status of the switch and the network.
- One Mini-USB RS-232 console port that provides another means to configure the switch.
- 24x SFP/SFP+ ports to attach SFP/SFP+ transceivers for 1 Gb or 10 Gb Ethernet connections or DAC cables for 10 Gb Ethernet connections.
- Two RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet ports for out-of-band management.
The rear panel of the RackSwitch G8124E is shown in the following figure.
Figure 3. Rear panel of the RackSwitch G8124E
The rear panel of the G8124E features the following components:
- Two redundant fixed 275 W AC (100 - 240 V) power supplies (IEC 320-C14 power connector)
- Six fixed fans that provide N+1 redundancy
The following table lists the RackSwitch G8124E system specifications.
|Form factor||1U rack mount|
|Ports||24x SFP/SFP+ ports|
|SFP/SFP+ media types||10 Gb Ethernet SFP+:
|Data traffic types||Unicast, multicast, broadcast.|
Lenovo Networking OS:Layer 2 switching, Layer 3 switching, virtual local area networks (VLANs), VLAN tagging, spanning tree protocol (STP), link aggregation (trunk) groups (LAGs), virtual LAGs (vLAGs), Hot Links, Layer 2 failover, quality of service (QoS), VMready, IPv4/IPv6 management, IPv4/IPv6 routing, IPv4 virtual router redundancy protocol (VRRP), virtual NICs, Converged Enhanced Ethernet, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) transit switch operations.
|Performance||Non-blocking architecture with wire-speed forwarding of traffic:
|Cooling||Six 5+1 redundant fixed fans. Rear (non-port side) to front (port side) or front to rear airflow.|
|Power supply||Two load-sharing, redundant fixed 275 W AC (100 - 240 V) power supplies (1x IEC 320-C14 connector on each power supply).|
|Hot-swap parts||SFP/SFP+ transceivers, SFP+ DAC cables.|
|Management ports||2x 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet ports (RJ-45); 1x RS-232 port (Mini-USB).|
|Management interfaces||Industry standard command line interface (isCLI); SNMP v1 and v3; Netconf (XML). Optional Lenovo XClarity for discovery, inventory, monitoring and events.|
|Security features||Secure Shell (SSH); Secure Copy (SCP); Secure FTP (sFTP); user level security; Role-based Access Control (RBAC); LDAP/LDAPS, RADIUS, and TACACS+ authentication; access control lists (ACLs); port-based network access control (IEEE 802.1x).|
|Hardware warranty||Three-year Customer Replaceable Unit limited warranty with 9x5 Next Business Day Parts Delivered. Optional warranty service upgrades are available through Lenovo: onsite service, 24x7 coverage, 2-hour or 4-hour response time, 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions, Premier support, and basic installation services.|
|Software maintenance||Three-year software support and subscription is included in the base warranty. Optional 1-year and 2-year warranty extensions include software support and subscription.|
|Mean Time Between Failures||189,060 hours with ambient operating temperature of 40° C.|
|Dimensions||Height: 44 mm (1.7 in.); width: 439 mm (17.3 in.); depth: 381 mm (15.0 in.)|
|Weight||6.4 kg (14.1 lb).|
The following table lists the G8124E switch models.
|Description||Part number||Machine Type-Model||Feature code|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G8124E (Rear to Front)||7159BR6||7159-HC9||AT0B|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G8124E (Front to Rear)||7159BF7||7159-HC7||AT0C|
The part numbers for the G8124E switches include the following items:
- One Lenovo RackSwitch G8124E switch
- Generic Rack Mount Kit (2-post)
- Console Cable Kit:
- RJ-45 (plug) to RJ-45 (plug) serial cable (1 m)
- Mini-USB to RJ-45 (jack) adapter cable (0.2 m) with retention clip
- DB-9 to RJ-45 (jack) adapter
- Documentation package
- Power cables are not included and must be ordered together with the switch (see "Power supplies and cables" for details).
- SFP/SFP+ transceivers and cables are not included and must be ordered together with the switch (see "Transceivers and cables" for details).
Transceivers and cables
With the flexibility of the G8124E switch, customers can choose the following connectivity technologies:
- For 1 GbE links, customers can use RJ-45 SFP transceivers with UTP cables up to 100 meters. For longer distances, the 1000BASE-SX transceiver can support distances up to 220 meters with 62.5 µ (OM1) or up to 550 meters on 50 µ (OM2) multi-mode fiber optic cables, or the 1000BASE-LX transceiver can support distances up to 10 kilometers on single-mode fiber optic cables (1310 nm).
For 10 GbE links, customers can use direct-attached copper (DAC) SFP+ cables for in-rack cabling for distances up to 7 meters or SFP+ active optical cables (AOCs) for distances up to 20 meters. These cables have SFP+ connectors on each end, and they do not need separate transceivers. For distances up to 30 meters, the 10GBASE-T SFP+ transceiver can be used with Category 6a or 7 RJ-45 UTP cables.
For longer distances, the 10GBASE-SR transceiver can support distances up to 300 meters on OM3 or up to 400 meters on OM4 multimode fiber optic cables. The 10GBASE-LR transceivers can support distances up to 10 kilometers on single mode fiber optic cables.
For extended distances, the 10GBASE-ER transceivers can support distances up to 40 kilometers on single mode fiber optic cables.
The supported cables and transceivers are listed in the following table.
|Description||Part number||Feature code||Maximum quantity|
|SFP transceivers - 1 GbE|
|Lenovo 1000BASE-T (RJ-45) SFP Transceiver (no 10/100 Mbps support)||00FE333||A5DL||24|
|Lenovo 1000BASE-SX SFP Transceiver||81Y1622||3269||24|
|Lenovo 1000BASE-LX SFP Transceiver||90Y9424||A1PN||24|
|UTP Category 5E cables for 1 GbE SFP RJ-45 transceivers and 1 GbE RJ-45 management ports|
|0.6m Green Cat5e Cable||40K5563||3796||26|
|1.5m Blue Cat5e Cable||40K8785||3802||26|
|1.5m Green Cat5e Cable||40K5643||3797||26|
|3m Blue Cat5e Cable||40K5581||3803||26|
|3m Green Cat5e Cable||40K5793||3798||26|
|3m Yellow Cat5e Cable||40K8957||3793||26|
|10m Blue Cat5e Cable||40K8927||3804||26|
|10m Green Cat5e Cable||40K5794||3799||26|
|25m Blue Cat5e Cable||40K8930||3805||26|
|25m Green Cat5e Cable||40K8869||3800||26|
|SFP+ transceivers - 10 GbE|
|Lenovo Dual Rate 1/10Gb SX/SR SFP+ Transceiver||00MY034||ATTJ||24|
|Lenovo 10Gb SFP+ SR Transceiver (10GBASE-SR)||46C3447||5053||24|
|Lenovo 10Gb SFP+ LR Transceiver (10GBASE-LR)||90Y9412||A1PM||24|
|Lenovo 10GBASE-LR SFP+ Transceiver||00FE331||B0RJ||24|
|Lenovo 10Gb SFP+ ER Transceiver (10GBASE-ER)||90Y9415||A1PP||24|
|Lenovo 10GBASE-T SFP+ Transceiver||7G17A03130||AVV1||24|
|Optical cables for 1 GbE SFP SX and 10 GbE SFP+ SR transceivers|
|Lenovo 0.5m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN499||ASR5||24|
|Lenovo 1m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN502||ASR6||24|
|Lenovo 3m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN505||ASR7||24|
|Lenovo 5m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN508||ASR8||24|
|Lenovo 10m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN511||ASR9||24|
|Lenovo 15m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN514||ASRA||24|
|Lenovo 25m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN517||ASRB||24|
|Lenovo 30m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN520||ASRC||24|
|UTP Category 6 cables for 1 GbE SFP and 10 GbE SFP+ RJ-45 transceivers, and 1 GbE RJ-45 management ports|
|10m Cat6 Blue Cable||90Y3721||A1MU||26|
|10m Cat6 Green Cable||90Y3718||A1MT||26|
|10m Cat6 Yellow Cable||90Y3715||A1MS||26|
|25m Cat6 Blue Cable||90Y3730||A1MX||26|
|25m Cat6 Green Cable||90Y3727||A1MW||26|
|25m Cat6 Yellow Cable||90Y3724||A1MV||26|
|SFP+ active optical cables - 10 GbE|
|Lenovo 1m SFP+ to SFP+ Active Optical Cable||00YL634||ATYX||24|
|Lenovo 3m SFP+ to SFP+ Active Optical Cable||00YL637||ATYY||24|
|Lenovo 5m SFP+ to SFP+ Active Optical Cable||00YL640||ATYZ||24|
|Lenovo 7m SFP+ to SFP+ Active Optical Cable||00YL643||ATZ0||24|
|Lenovo 15m SFP+ to SFP+ Active Optical Cable||00YL646||ATZ1||24|
|Lenovo 20m SFP+ to SFP+ Active Optical Cable||00YL649||ATZ2||24|
|SFP+ passive direct-attach cables - 10 GbE|
|Lenovo 0.5m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||00D6288||A3RG||24|
|Lenovo 1m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||90Y9427||A1PH||24|
|Lenovo 1.5m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||00AY764||A51N||24|
|Lenovo 2m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||00AY765||A51P||24|
|Lenovo 3m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||90Y9430||A1PJ||24|
|Lenovo 5m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||90Y9433||A1PK||24|
|Lenovo 7m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||00D6151||A3RH||24|
|SFP+ active direct-attach cables - 10 GbE|
|Lenovo 1m Active DAC SFP+ Cable||00VX111||AT2R||24|
|Lenovo 3m Active DAC SFP+ Cable||00VX114||AT2S||24|
|Lenovo 5m Active DAC SFP+ Cable||00VX117||AT2T||24|
|Spare console cables|
|Console Cable Kit Spare (RJ-45/DB9)||90Y9462||A2MG||1|
The network cables that can be used with the switch are listed in the following table.
|10 Gb Ethernet|
|10Gb SR SFP+ (46C3447)
1/10Gb SFP+ (00MY034)
|10GBASE-SR||Up to 30 m with fiber optic cables supplied by Lenovo (see Table 3); up to 300 m with OM3 or up to 400 m with OM4 multimode fiber optic cable||LC|
|10Gb LR SFP+
|10GBASE-LR||1310 nm single-mode fiber cable up to 10 km||LC|
|10Gb ER SFP+ (90Y9415)||10GBASE-ER||1310 nm single-mode fiber cable up to 40 km||LC|
|10Gb RJ-45 SFP+ (7G17A03130)||10GBASE-T||Up to 25 m with UTP Category 6 cables supplied by Lenovo (see Table 3); UTP Category 6a or 7 cables up to 30 m||RJ-45|
|Active optical cable||10GBASE-SR||SFP+ active optical cables up to 20 m (see Table 3)||SFP+|
|Direct attach copper cable||10GSFP+Cu||SFP+ DAC cables up to 7 m (see Table 3)||SFP+|
|1 Gb Ethernet|
|1Gb RJ-45 SFP (00FE333)||1000BASE-T||Up to 25 m with UTP Category 5E or 6 cables supplied by Lenovo (see Table 3); UTP Category 5, 5E, or 6 up to 100 m||RJ-45|
|1Gb SX SFP (81Y1622)
1/10Gb SFP+ (00MY034)
|1000BASE-SX||Up to 30 m with fiber optic cables supplied by Lenovo (see Table 3); 850 nm multimode fiber cable 50 µ (OM2) up to 550 m or 62.5 µ (OM1) up to 220 m||LC|
|1Gb LX SFP (90Y9424)||1000BASE-LX||1310 nm single-mode fiber cable up to 10 km||LC|
|1 GbE management ports||1000BASE-T||Up to 25 m with UTP Category 5E or 6 cables supplied by Lenovo (see Table 3); UTP Category 5, 5E, or 6 up to 100 m||RJ-45|
|RS-232 management port||RS-232||DB-9/RJ-45-to-mini-USB console cable (comes with the switch)||Mini-USB|
Note: The software features that are listed in this section are based on Networking OS 8.4.
The RackSwitch G8124E has the following software features:
- Scalability and performance:
- Media access control (MAC) address learning with automatic updates
- Up to 128 IP interfaces per switch (interfaces 127 and 128 are reserved for switch management)
- Static and LACP (IEEE 802.3ad) link aggregation
- Broadcast/multicast storm control
- IGMP snooping to limit flooding of IP multicast traffic
- IGMP filtering to control multicast traffic for hosts that are participating in multicast groups
- Configurable traffic distribution schemes over trunk links that are based on source and destination IP or MAC addresses, or both
- Fast port forwarding and fast uplink convergence for rapid STP convergence
Availability and redundancy:
- IEEE 802.1D STP for providing L2 redundancy
- IEEE 802.1s Multiple STP (MSTP) for topology optimization
- IEEE 802.1w Rapid STP (RSTP) provides rapid STP convergence for critical delay-sensitive traffic, such as voice or video
- Per-VLAN Rapid STP (PVRST) enhancements
- Layer 2 Trunk Failover to support active/standby configurations of network adapter teaming on compute nodes
- Hot Links provides basic link redundancy with fast recovery for network topologies that require Spanning Tree to be turned off
- Up to 4095 VLANs supported per switch, with VLAN numbers 1 - 4095 (VLAN 4095 is used by the management network.)
- Port-based VLANs
- 802.1Q VLAN tagging
- Private VLANs
- VLAN-based, MAC-based, and IP-based access control lists (ACLs)
- 802.1x port-based authentication
- Multiple user IDs and passwords
- User access control
- Radius, TACACS+ and LDAP/LDAPS authentication and authorization
- NIST 800-131A Encryption
- Selectable encryption protocol
- Secure Input/Output Module (SIOM) policy: Secure and Legacy modes
- Quality of Service (QoS):
- Support for IEEE 802.1p, IP ToS/DSCP, and ACL-based (MAC/IP source and destination addresses and VLANs) traffic classification and processing
- Traffic shaping and re-marking that is based on defined policies
- Eight output Class of Service (COS) queues per port for processing qualified traffic
- IPv4/IPv6 ACL metering
- IP v4 Layer 3 functions:
- Host management
- IP forwarding
- IP filtering with ACLs, up to 127 IPv4 ACLs supported
- VRRP for router redundancy
- Up to 128 static routes
- Routing protocols (RIP v1, RIP v2, OSPF v2, BGP)
- DHCP Relay
- IGMP snooping
- Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) in Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) and Dense Mode (PIM-DM).
- IPv6 Layer 3 functions:
- IPv6 host management
- IPv6 forwarding
- Support for OSPF v3 routing protocol
- IPv6 filtering with ACLs, up to 128 IPv6 ACLs supported
- Virtual NICs (vNICs) with Ethernet, iSCSI, or FCoE traffic on vNICs
- Virtual link aggregation groups (vLAGs)
- Two switches (vLAG peers) act as a single virtual entity for a multi-port aggregation
- vLAG Peer Gateway for improved usage of the inter-switch link between the vLAG peers
- Two-tier vLAGs with VRRP enables active/active VRRP support to reduce routing latency
- VMready support:
- Up to 2,048 virtual entities (VEs)
- Automatic VE discovery
- Up to 1,024 local or distributed VM groups for VEs
- NMotion® feature for automatic network configuration migration
- Converged Enhanced Ethernet:
- Priority-Based Flow Control (PFC) (IEEE 802.1Qbb) extends 802.3x standard flow control to allow the switch to pause traffic that is based on the 802.1p priority value in each packet’s VLAN tag.
- Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS) (IEEE 802.1Qaz) provides a method for allocating link bandwidth that is based on the 802.1p priority value in each packet’s VLAN tag.
- Data Center Bridging Capability Exchange Protocol (DCBX) (IEEE 802.1AB) allows neighboring network devices to exchange information about their capabilities.
Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE):
- FC-BB5 FCoE specification compliant
- FCoE transit switch operations
- FCoE Initialization Protocol (FIP) support for automatic ACL configuration
- Link Aggregation Group (LAG) support for FCoE traffic
- Supports 2,048 FCoE sessions with FIP Snooping by using Class ID ACLs
- Industry-standard command line interface (isCLI)
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP V1 and V3)
- Telnet interface for CLI
- Secure Shell (SSH) v1 and v2 for CLI
- Secure Copy (SCP) for uploading and downloading the switch configuration via secure channels
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) for discovering network devices
- Serial interface for CLI
- Scriptable CLI
- Dual software images
- Firmware image update via TFTP, FTP, and Secure FTP (sFTP)
- Network Time Protocol (NTP) for switch clock synchronization
- Netconf (XML)
- Lenovo XClarity (optional) for discovery, inventory, monitoring and events
- Switch LEDs for port status and switch status indication
- Remote Monitoring (RMON) agent to collect statistics and proactively monitor switch performance
- Port mirroring for analyzing network traffic passing through switch
- Change tracking and remote logging with syslog feature
- sFlow agent for monitoring traffic in data networks (separate sFlow analyzer required elsewhere)
The following features are not supported with IPv6:
- Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP) and DHCP
- RADIUS, TACACS+ and LDAP
- VMware Virtual Center (vCenter) for VMready
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM)
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
The switch supports the following Ethernet standards:
- IEEE 802.1AB Data Center Bridging Capability Exchange Protocol (DCBX)
- IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- IEEE 802.1p Class of Service (CoS) prioritization
- IEEE 802.1s Multiple STP (MSTP)
- IEEE 802.1Q Tagged VLAN
- IEEE 802.1Qbb Priority-Based Flow Control (PFC)
- IEEE 802.1Qaz Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS)
- IEEE 802.1x port-based authentication
- IEEE 802.1w Rapid STP (RSTP)
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T copper twisted pair Gigabit Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol
- IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-SR short range fiber optics 10 Gb Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-LR long range fiber optics 10 Gb Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-ER extended range fiber optics 10 Gb Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3x Full-duplex Flow Control
- IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-SX short range fiber optics Gigabit Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-LX long range fiber optics Gigabit Ethernet
Power supplies and cables
The G8124E switch has two load-sharing, 275 W AC (100 - 240 V) redundant fixed power supplies. Each power supply has an individual IEC 320-C14 connector.
The G8124E switch ships standard without any AC power cables. The part numbers and feature codes to order the power cables (two power cables are required per switch) are listed in the following table.
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|Rack power cables|
|1.5m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||39Y7937||6201|
|1.8m, 10A/100-250V, 2xC13PM to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||None*||6568|
|2.8m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||None*||6311|
|2.8m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C20 Rack Power Cable||39Y7938||6204|
|4.3m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||39Y7932||6263|
|Country-specific line cords|
|Argentina 10A/250V C13 to IRAM 2073 2.8m line cord||39Y7930||6222|
|Australia/NZ 10A/250V C13 to AS/NZ 3112 2.8m line cord||39Y7924||6211|
|Brazil 10A/125V C13 to NBR 6147 2.8m line cord||39Y7929||6223|
|China 10A/250V C13 to GB 2099.1 2.8m line cord||39Y7928||6210|
|Denmark 10A/250V C13 to DK2-5a 2.8m line cord||39Y7918||6213|
|European 10A/230V C13 to CEE7-VII 2.8m line cord||39Y7917||6212|
|India 10A/250V C13 to IS 6538 2.8m line cord||39Y7927||6269|
|Israel 10A/250V C13 to SI 32 2.8m line cord||39Y7920||6218|
|Japan 12A/125V C13 to JIS C-8303 2.8m line cord||46M2593||A1RE|
|Korea 12A/250V C13 to KETI 2.8m line cord||39Y7925||6219|
|South Africa 10A/250V C13 to SABS 164 2.8m line cord||39Y7922||6214|
|Switzerland 10A/250V C13 to SEV 1011-S24507 2.8m line cord||39Y7919||6216|
|United Kingdom 10A/250V C13 to BS 1363/A 2.8m line cord||39Y7923||6215|
|United States 10A/125V C13 to NEMA 5-15P 4.3m line cord||39Y7931||6207|
|United States 10A/250V C13 to NEMA 6-15P 2.8m line cord||46M2592||A1RF|
* Available for factory-built custom configurations and solutions only.
The G8124E switch includes a 2-post rack mount kit.
For 4-post rack installations, the G8124E switch supports the optional adjustable 19-inch, 4-post rail kit and the air inlet duct (optional for the 4-post rail kit; supported only with the models with rear to front airflow).
When the G8124E switch (front to rear airflow) is installed in the Intelligent Cluster Rack (Machine Type 1410) or Enterprise Rack (Machine Type 9363) as a part of a NeXtScale System solution, the recessed 19-inch 4-post rail kit is required.
The following table lists rack installation options for the G8124E switches with rear to front and front to rear airflow.
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|Rear to front airflow (7159-HC9)|
|Lenovo RackSwitch Adjustable 19" 4 Post Rail Kit||00D6185||A3KP|
|Air Inlet Duct for 382 mm RackSwitch||00D6062||A3HG|
|Front to rear airflow (7159-HC7)|
|Lenovo RackSwitch Adjustable 19" 4 Post Rail Kit||00D6185||A3KP|
|Lenovo RackSwitch Recessed 19" 4 Post Rail Kit||00CG089||A51M|
The G8124E switch features the following approximate dimensions and weight:
- Height: 44 mm (1.7 in.)
- Width: 439 mm (17.3 in.)
- Depth: 381 mm (15.0 in.)
- Weight: 6.4 kg (14.1 lb)
The G8124E switch is supported in the following operating environment:
- Temperature: 0 - 40 ºC (32 - 104 ºF).
- Relative humidity: Non-condensing, 10 - 90%
- Altitude: up to 3,050 m (10,000 feet)
- Acoustic noise: Less than 65 dB
- Airflow: Front-to-rear or rear-to-front cooling with variable speed fans for reduced power draw
- Electrical input: 50-60 Hz, 100-240 V AC auto-switching
- Electrical power: 200 W (typical)
- Heat dissipation: 1,100 BTU/hour (maximum)
Warranty and maintenance
The RackSwitch G8124E comes with a 3-year Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU) hardware limited warranty with 9x5 Next Business Day (NBD) Parts Delivered and includes a 3-year software license, which provides entitlement to upgrades over that period. The options that are installed in the switch assume the switch’s base warranty and any Lenovo warranty service upgrade for the switch.
Some countries might have different warranty terms and conditions than the standard warranty. This is due to local business practices or laws in the specific country. Local service teams can assist in explaining country-specific terms when needed. Examples of country-specific warranty terms are second or longer business day parts delivery or parts-only base warranty.
If warranty terms and conditions include onsite labor for repair or replacement of parts, Lenovo will dispatch a service technician to the customer site to perform the replacement. Onsite labor under base warranty is limited to labor for replacement of parts that have been determined to be field-replaceable units (FRUs). Parts that are determined to be customer-replaceable units (CRUs) do not include onsite labor under base warranty.
If warranty terms include parts-only base warranty, Lenovo is responsible for delivering only replacement parts that are under base warranty (including FRUs) that will be sent to a requested location for self-service. Parts-only service does not include a service technician being dispatched onsite. Parts must be changed at customer’s own cost and labor and defective parts must be returned following the instructions supplied with the spares parts.
Also available are Lenovo Services warranty maintenance upgrades and post-warranty maintenance agreements, with a well-defined scope of services, including service hours, response time, term of service, and service agreement terms and conditions.
Lenovo warranty service upgrade offerings are country-specific. Not all warranty service upgrades are available in every country. For information about Lenovo warranty service upgrade offerings that are available in your country or area, refer to the following resources:
- Service part numbers in Lenovo Data Center Solutions Configurator (DCSC):
- Lenovo Services Availability Locator
In general, the following Lenovo warranty service upgrades are available:
- Warranty and maintenance service upgrades:
- 3, 4, or 5 years of warranty service coverage
- 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions
- Foundation Service: 9x5 service coverage with next business day onsite response
- Essential Service: 24x7 service coverage with 4-hour onsite response or 24-hour committed repair (available only in select countries)
- Advanced Service: 24x7 service coverage with 2-hour onsite response or 6-hour committed repair (available only in select countries)
- Premier Support
Premier Support service offers direct access to Lenovo’s most advanced technicians for faster troubleshooting with single point of contact for end-to-end problem resolution and collaborative third-party software support.
- Basic Hardware Installation Services
Lenovo experts can seamlessly manage the physical installation of your server, storage, or networking hardware. Working at a time convenient for you (business hours or off shift), the technician will unpack and inspect the systems on your site, install options, mount in a rack cabinet, connect to power and network, check and update firmware to the latest levels, verify operation, and dispose of the packaging, allowing your team to focus on other priorities.
For service definitions, country-specific details, and service limitations, please refer to the following documents:
- Lenovo Statement of Limited Warranty for Data Center Group (DCG) Servers and System Storage
- Lenovo Data Center Services Agreement
The switch conforms to the following regulations:
- Safety certifications:
- CAN/CSA 22.2 No.60950-1
- EN 60950-1
- NOM NYCE 019
- GOST R MEK 60950-1
- Electromagnetic compatibility certifications:
- FCC 47CFR Part 15 Class A
- EN 55022 Class A
- ICES-003 Class A
- VCCI Class A
- AS/NZS CISPR 22 Class A
- CISPR 22 Class A
- EN 55024
- EN 300386
- Environmental: Reduction of Hazardous Substances (ROHS) 6
The following table lists the network switches with rear-to-front airflow that are offered by Lenovo that can be used with the RackSwitch G8124E for ThinkSystem and Flex System network connectivity.
|1 Gb Ethernet switches|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE0152T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)||7Y810011WW|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE0152TO RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)||7Z320O11WW|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G7028 (Rear to Front)||7159BAX|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G7052 (Rear to Front)||7159CAX|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G8052 (Rear to Front)||7159G52|
|10 Gb Ethernet switches|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)||7159A1X|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)||7159B1X|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1072T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)||7159C1X|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G8272 (Rear to Front)||7159CRW|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G8296 (Rear to Front)||7159GR6|
|25 Gb Ethernet switches (10 GbE connectivity out of an SFP28 port)|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2572 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)||7159E1X|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2572O RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)||7Z210O21WW|
|100 Gb Ethernet switches (4x 10 GbE breakout connectivity out of a QSFP28 port)|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE10032 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)||7159D1X|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE10032O RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)||7Z210O11WW|
The following table lists the network switches with front-to-rear airflow that are offered by Lenovo that can be used with the RackSwitch G8124E for NeXtScale System network connectivity.
|1 Gb Ethernet switches|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G8052 (Front to Rear)||715952F|
|10 Gb Ethernet switches|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032 RackSwitch (Front to Rear)||7159A2X|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032T RackSwitch (Front to Rear)||7159B2X|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1072T RackSwitch (Front to Rear)||7159C2X|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G8272 (Front to Rear)||7159CFV|
|Lenovo RackSwitch G8296 (Front to Rear)||7159GF5|
|25 Gb Ethernet switches (10 GbE connectivity out of an SFP28 port)|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2572 RackSwitch (Front to Rear)||7159E2X|
|100 Gb Ethernet switches (4x 10 GbE breakout connectivity out of a QSFP28 port)|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem NE10032 RackSwitch (Front to Rear)||7159D2X|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Top-of-rack Switches category:
The following table lists the external storage systems that are currently offered by Lenovo that can be used with the RackSwitch G8124E for external NAS or iSCSI SAN storage connectivity.
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DE Series Storage (iSCSI connectivity)|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DE2000H 10GBASE-T Hybrid Flash Array LFF||7Y70A003WW||7Y701001JP|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DE2000H 10GBASE-T Hybrid Flash Array SFF||7Y71A002WW||7Y711005JP|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DE2000H iSCSI Hybrid Flash Array LFF||7Y70A004WW||7Y701000JP|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DE2000H iSCSI Hybrid Flash Array SFF||7Y71A003WW||7Y711006JP|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DE4000H iSCSI Hybrid Flash Array 4U60||7Y77A000WW||7Y771002JP|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DE4000H iSCSI Hybrid Flash Array LFF||7Y74A002WW||7Y74A002JP|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DE4000H iSCSI Hybrid Flash Array SFF||7Y75A001WW||7Y75A001JP|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DE4000F iSCSI All Flash Array SFF||7Y76A002WW||7Y76A002JP|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DE6000H iSCSI Hybrid Flash Array 4U60||7Y80A002WW||7Y801000JP|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DE6000H iSCSI Hybrid Flash Array SFF||7Y78A002WW||7Y781000JP|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DE6000F iSCSI All Flash Array SFF||7Y79A002WW||7Y79A002JP|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series Storage (NAS or iSCSI connectivity)|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM3000H Hybrid Storage Array (2U12 LFF, CTO only)||7Y42CTO1WW|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM3000H 48TB (12x 4TB HDDs) (Universal SFP+)||7Y420001EA*|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM3000H 48TB (12x 4TB HDDs) (10GBASE-T)||7Y420002EA*|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM5000H Hybrid Storage Array (2U24 SFF, CTO only)||7Y57CTO1WW|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM5000H 11.5TB (12x 960GB SSDs) (Universal SFP+)||7Y570001EA*|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM5000H 11.5TB (12x 960GB SSDs) (10GBASE-T)||7Y570002EA*|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM5000H 29TB (24x 1.2TB 10K HDDs) (Universal SFP+)||7Y570003EA*|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM5000H 29TB (24x 1.2TB 10K HDDs) (10GBASE-T)||7Y570004EA*|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM5000F Flash Storage Array (2U24 SFF, CTO only)||7Y41CTO1WW|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000H Hybrid Storage Array (3U, CTO only)||7Y56CTO1WW|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F Flash Storage Array (3U, CTO only)||7Y40CTO1WW|
* Available only in EMEA.
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DS Series Storage (iSCSI connectivity)|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DS2200 LFF FC/iSCSI Dual Controller Unit||4599A31||4599A3J||4599A3C|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DS2200 SFF FC/iSCSI Dual Controller Unit||4599A11||4599A1J||4599A1C|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DS4200 LFF FC/iSCSI Dual Controller Unit||4617A31||4617A3J||4617A3C|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DS4200 SFF FC/iSCSI Dual Controller Unit||4617A11||4617A1J||4617A1C|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DS6200 SFF FC/iSCSI Dual Controller Unit||4619A11||4619A1J||4619A1C|
|DS6200F 12x 400GB 10DWD SSDs, 1x 8Gb FC SFP, 512 Snapshots, Replication||4619A1F||4619J1F||4619C1F|
|DS6200F 12x 800GB 3DWD SSDs, 1x 8Gb FC SFP, 512 Snapshots, Replication||4619A2F||4619J2F||4619C2F|
|DS6200F 12x 1.6TB 3DWD SSDs, 1x 8Gb FC SFP, 512 Snapshots, Replication||4619A3F||4619J3F||4619C3F|
|DS6200F 12x 3.84TB 1DWD SSDs, 1x 8Gb FC SFP, 512 Snapshots, Replication||4619A4F||4619J4F||4619C4F|
|Lenovo Storage V Series (iSCSI connectivity)|
|Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 LFF Control Enclosure||6535C1D|
|Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 SFF Control Enclosure||6535C2D|
|Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 XP LFF Control Enclosure||6535C3D|
|Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 XP SFF Control Enclosure||6535C4D|
|Lenovo Storage V5030 LFF Control Enclosure 3Yr S&S||6536C12|
|Lenovo Storage V5030 LFF Control Enclosure 5Yr S&S||6536C32|
|Lenovo Storage V5030 SFF Control Enclosure 3Yr S&S||6536C22|
|Lenovo Storage V5030 SFF Control Enclosure 5Yr S&S||6536C42|
|Lenovo Storage V5030F SFF Control Enclosure 3Yr S&S||6536B1F|
|Lenovo Storage V5030F SFF Control Enclosure 5Yr S&S||6536B2F|
|Lenovo Storage V7000 SFF Control Enclosure 3Yr S&S PRC||6538R11^|
|Lenovo Storage V7000 SFF Control Enclosure 5Yr S&S PRC||6538R21^|
|Lenovo Storage V7000F SFF Control Enclosure 3Yr S&S PRC||6538R1G^|
|Lenovo Storage V7000F SFF Control Enclosure 5Yr S&S PRC||6538R2G^|
|IBM Storwize for Lenovo (iSCSI connectivity)|
|IBM Storwize V7000 SFF Control Enclosure, 3YR SWMA||6195C32†|
|IBM Storwize V7000 SFF Control Enclosure, 3YR SWMA, LA||6195C3L‡|
|IBM Storwize V7000 SFF Control Enclosure, 5YR SWMA||6195C52†|
|IBM Storwize V7000 SFF Control Enclosure, 5YR SWMA, LA||6195C5L‡|
^ Available only in PRC.
† Available worldwide except Latin America.
‡ Available only in Latin America.
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the following categories:
- Lenovo DE Series, DM Series, DS Series, and V Series storage:
- IBM Storwize for Lenovo storage:
The following table lists the rack cabinets that are offered by Lenovo that can be used in RackSwitch G8124E solutions.
|25U S2 Standard Rack (1000 mm deep; 2 sidewall compartments)||93072RX|
|25U Static S2 Standard Rack (1000 mm deep; 2 sidewall compartments)||93072PX|
|42U S2 Standard Rack (1000 mm deep; 6 sidewall compartments)||93074RX|
|42U 1100mm Enterprise V2 Dynamic Rack (6 sidewall compartments)||93634PX|
|42U 1100mm Enterprise V2 Dynamic Expansion Rack (6 sidewall compartments)||93634EX|
|42U 1200mm Deep Dynamic Rack (6 sidewall compartments)||93604PX|
|42U 1200mm Deep Static Rack (6 sidewall compartments)||93614PX|
|42U Enterprise Rack (1105 mm deep; 4 sidewall compartments)||93084PX|
|42U Enterprise Expansion Rack (1105 mm deep; 4 sidewall compartments)||93084EX|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Rack cabinets category:
Power distribution units
The following table lists the power distribution units (PDUs) that are offered by Lenovo that can be used in RackSwitch G8124E solutions.
|0U Basic PDUs|
|0U 36 C13/6 C19 24A/200-240V 1 Phase PDU with NEMA L6-30P line cord||00YJ776|
|0U 36 C13/6 C19 32A/200-240V 1 Phase PDU with IEC60309 332P6 line cord||00YJ777|
|0U 21 C13/12 C19 32A/200-240V/346-415V 3 Phase PDU with IEC60309 532P6 line cord||00YJ778|
|0U 21 C13/12 C19 48A/200-240V 3 Phase PDU with IEC60309 460P9 line cord||00YJ779|
|Switched and Monitored PDUs|
|0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 24A/200-240V/1Ph PDU w/ NEMA L6-30P line cord||00YJ781|
|0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 32A/200-240V/1Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 332P6 line cord||00YJ780|
|0U 18 C13/6 C19 Switched / Monitored 32A/200-240V/346-415V/3Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 532P6 cord||00YJ782|
|0U 12 C13/12 C19 Switched and Monitored 48A/200-240V/3Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 460P9 line cord||00YJ783|
|1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU (without line cord)||46M4002|
|1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3Ph PDU with IEC 309 3P+Gnd cord||46M4003|
|1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU (without line cord)||46M4004|
|1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord||46M4005|
|Ultra Density Enterprise PDUs (9x IEC 320 C13 + 3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU Module (without line cord)||71762NX|
|Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU 60A/208V/3ph with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord||71763NU|
|C13 Enterprise PDUs (12x IEC 320 C13 outlets)|
|DPI C13 Enterprise PDU+ (without line cord)||39M2816|
|DPI Single Phase C13 Enterprise PDU (without line cord)||39Y8941|
|C19 Enterprise PDUs (6x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|DPI Single Phase C19 Enterprise PDU (without line cord)||39Y8948|
|DPI 60A 3 Phase C19 Enterprise PDU with IEC 309 3P+G (208 V) fixed line cord||39Y8923|
|Front-end PDUs (3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|DPI 30amp/125V Front-end PDU with NEMA L5-30P line cord||39Y8938|
|DPI 30amp/250V Front-end PDU with NEMA L6-30P line cord||39Y8939|
|DPI 32amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord||39Y8934|
|DPI 60amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord||39Y8940|
|DPI 63amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord||39Y8935|
|Universal PDUs (7x IEC 320 C13 outlets)|
|DPI Universal 7 C13 PDU (with 2 m IEC 320-C19 to C20 rack power cord)||00YE443|
|NEMA PDUs (6x NEMA 5-15R outlets)|
|DPI 100-127V PDU with fixed NEMA L5-15P line cord||39Y8905|
|Line cords for PDUs that ship without a line cord|
|DPI 30a Line Cord (NEMA L6-30P)||40K9614|
|DPI 32a Line Cord (IEC 309 P+N+G)||40K9612|
|DPI 32a Line Cord (IEC 309 3P+N+G)||40K9611|
|DPI 60a Cord (IEC 309 2P+G)||40K9615|
|DPI 63a Cord (IEC 309 P+N+G)||40K9613|
|DPI Australian/NZ 3112 Line Cord (32A)||40K9617|
|DPI Korean 8305 Line Cord (30A)||40K9618|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Power Distribution Units category:
Uninterruptible power supply units
The following table lists the uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units that are offered by Lenovo that can be used in RackSwitch G8124E solutions.
|RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC) (8x NEMA 5-15R 12A outlets)||55941AX|
|RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (8x IEC 320 C13 10A outlets)||55941KX|
|RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC) (8x NEMA 5-20R 16A outlets)||55942AX|
|RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (8x IEC 320 C13 10A, 1x IEC 320 C19 16A outlets)||55942KX|
|RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC) (6x NEMA 5-20R 16A, 1x NEMA L5-30R 24A outlets)||55943AX|
|RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (8x IEC 320 C13 10A, 1x IEC 320 C19 16A outlets)||55943KX|
|RT5kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (8x IEC 320 C13 10A, 2x IEC 320 C19 16A outlets)||55945KX|
|RT6kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (8x IEC 320 C13 10A, 2x IEC 320 C19 16A outlets)||55946KX|
|RT8kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (4x IEC 320-C19 16A outlets)||55948KX|
|RT11kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC) (4x IEC 320-C19 16A outlets)||55949KX|
|RT8kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC) (4x IEC 320-C19 16A outlets)||55948PX|
|RT11kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC) (4x IEC 320-C19 16A outlets)||55949PX|
|ASEAN, HTK, INDIA, and PRC models|
|ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Standard UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)||55943KT|
|ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Long Backup UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)||55943LT|
|ThinkSystem RT6kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)||55946KT|
|ThinkSystem RT10kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)||5594XKT|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Uninterruptible Power Supply Units category:
Lenovo Financial Services
Lenovo Financial Services reinforces Lenovo’s commitment to deliver pioneering products and services that are recognized for their quality, excellence, and trustworthiness. Lenovo Financial Services offers financing solutions and services that complement your technology solution anywhere in the world.
We are dedicated to delivering a positive finance experience for customers like you who want to maximize your purchase power by obtaining the technology you need today, protect against technology obsolescence, and preserve your capital for other uses.
We work with businesses, non-profit organizations, governments and educational institutions to finance their entire technology solution. We focus on making it easy to do business with us. Our highly experienced team of finance professionals operates in a work culture that emphasizes the importance of providing outstanding customer service. Our systems, processes and flexible policies support our goal of providing customers with a positive experience.
We finance your entire solution. Unlike others, we allow you to bundle everything you need from hardware and software to service contracts, installation costs, training fees, and sales tax. If you decide weeks or months later to add to your solution, we can consolidate everything into a single invoice.
Our Premier Client services provide large accounts with special handling services to ensure these complex transactions are serviced properly. As a premier client, you have a dedicated finance specialist who manages your account through its life, from first invoice through asset return or purchase. This specialist develops an in-depth understanding of your invoice and payment requirements. For you, this dedication provides a high-quality, easy, and positive financing experience.
For your region specific offers please ask your Lenovo sales representative or your technology provider about the use of Lenovo Financial Services. For more information, see the following Lenovo website:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Hyper-V® and Microsoft® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.