Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 (E5-2600 v3)Product Guide (withdrawn product)
The Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 is a high-performance dual-socket tower server that allows you to balance high performance and massive storage capacity without the need to invest in a rack infrastructure.
This product guide provides essential pre-sales information to understand the TD350 server, its key features and specifications, components and options, and configuration guidelines. This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, IT architects, and other IT professionals who want to learn more about the TD350 and consider its use in IT solutions.
Withdrawn: The TD350 with E5 v3 processors is withdrawn from marketing.
Note: There are two Product Guides for the ThinkServer TD350, as follows:
- TD350 (E5-2600 v4) – see http://lenovopress.com/lp0053
- TD350 (E5-2600 v3) – this product guide
Changes in February 3 update:
- Updated the list of supported operating systems
The Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 allows you to balance high performance and massive storage capacity without the need to invest in a rack infrastructure. This high-performance tower packs nearly three times the memory capacity of the previous generation of tower server, up to 512 GB of DDR4 memory, and almost triple the storage capacity, up to 150 TB.
With innovative engineering, this 4U server offers 25% more hard disk drives per 1U versus the competition, including faster file transfers and IOPs performance. Also, two more enterprise-class M.2 solid-state drives are available as an internal option for secure booting. All of these features ultimately translate into better value for your business.
Figure 1. ThinkServer TD350
Did you know?
The next-generation ThinkServer TD350 delivers impressive compute power per watt and incorporates energy-smart features for minimized costs and efficient performance. The 80 PLUS Titanium power supplies can deliver up to 96% efficiency and the server is designed to meet ASHRAE A4 standards with continuous operation at 45° Celsius without any time restrictions and with no impact on reliability.
The TD350 provides outstanding memory performance that is achieved by supporting two-RDIMMs-per- channel configurations at speeds up to 12% faster than the Intel specification, while still maintaining world- class reliability.
The TD350 is a versatile 4U two-socket business-critical tower server that offers improved performance and pay-as-you-grow flexibility along with new features that improve server management capability. This powerful system is designed for your most important business applications and cloud deployments.
Combining balanced performance and flexibility, the TD350 is a great choice for small and medium businesses. It can provide outstanding uptime to keep business-critical applications and cloud deployments running safely. Ease of use and comprehensive systems management tools help make deployment easier. Outstanding reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS) and high-efficiency design improve your business environment and help save operational costs.
Scalability and performance
The TD350 offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- Improves productivity by offering superior system performance with up to 16-core processors, up to 40 MB of L3 cache, and up to 9.6 GT/s QPI interconnects links.
- Supports up to two processors, 32 cores, and 64 threads maximize the concurrent execution of multi-threaded applications.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with energy efficient Intel Turbo Boost Technology allows CPU cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor thermal design power (TDP).
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better utilize the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 2.0 (AVX 2.0) enable acceleration of enterprise-class workloads such as databases, enterprise resource planning, and others.
- Up to 2133 MHz memory speeds with two DIMMs per channel running at 2133 MHz to help maximize system performance.
- Up to 1024 GB of memory capacity with 64 GB LRDIMMs.
- The 12 Gbps SAS internal storage connectivity doubles the data transfer rate compared to 6 Gb SAS solutions to maximize performance of storage I/O-intensive applications.
- Flexible and scalable internal storage configurations provide for up to 150 TB of storage capacity (15x 10TB drives) in a 4U rack form factor.
- The use of solid-state drives (SSDs) instead of or along with traditional spinning drives (HDDs) can significantly improve I/O performance. An SSD can support up to 100 times more I/O operations per second (IOPS) than a typical HDD.
- The server offers up to seven PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 I/O expansion slots.
- With Intel Integrated I/O Technology, the PCI Express 3.0 controller is integrated into the Intel Xeon processor E5 family. This helps to dramatically reduce I/O latency and increase overall system performance.
- Ideal for location in a small office, the TD350 features whisper quiet acoustics, as low as 37 decibels (33% quieter than a normal conversation)
Availability and serviceability
The TD350 provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- Tool-less cover removal provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts, such as processors, memory DIMMs, and adapter cards.
- The server offers hot-swap drives supporting RAID redundancy for data protection and greater system uptime.
- The server offers redundant hot-swap power supplies and redundant fans to provide availability for business-critical applications.
- Able to convert from tower to rack-mount for more flexibility.
- Solid-state drives (SSDs) offer significantly better reliability than traditional mechanical HDDs for greater uptime.
- Built-in ThinkServer System Manager TSM continuously monitors system parameters and triggers alerts to minimize downtime.
- One or three-year customer replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty (depending on model), next business day 9x5. Optional service upgrades are available.
Manageability and security
Powerful systems management features simplify local and remote management of the TD350:
- The server includes ThinkServer Service Module (TSM) to monitor server availability and perform remote management.
- TSM Premium is an optional upgrade key that provides support for ThinkServer Energy Manager (TEM). TEM uses TSM to capture real-time power and temperature data from the server and provides automated controls to lower energy costs.
- Embedded ThinkServer Deployment Manager (TDM) provides a complete set of provisioning capabilities from a single interface, automating many of the tasks associated with server provisioning.
- An optional Trusted Platform Modules (TPM) enables advanced cryptographic functionality such as digital signatures and Windows BitLocker encryption, a Windows data protection feature. The server supports TPM 2.0 or TPM 1.2 depending on the TPM option selected.
- Intel Execute Disable Bit functionality can help prevent certain classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks when combined with a supporting operating system.
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology provides enhanced security through hardware-based resistance to malicious software attacks, allowing an application to run in its own isolated space, protected from all other software running on a system.
The TD350 offers the following energy-efficiency features to save energy, reduce operational costs, increase energy availability, and contribute to the green environment:
- Energy-efficient planar components help lower operational costs.
- High-efficiency power supplies with 80 PLUS Platinum and Titanium certifications.
- Intel Intelligent Power Capability powers individual processor elements on and off as needed, to reduce power draw.
- Low-voltage Intel Xeon processors draw less energy to satisfy the demands of power and thermally constrained data centers and telecommunication environments.
- Low-voltage 1.2 V DDR4 memory DIMMs consume up to 20% less energy compared to 1.35 V DDR3 DIMMs.
- Solid-state drives (SSDs) consume less power than traditional spinning HDDs.
- ThinkServer Energy Manager provides advanced data center power notification and management to help achieve lower heat output and reduced cooling needs.
Locations of key components and connectors
The TD350 is available either with 3.5-inch hot-swap drive bays or 2.5-inch hot-swap drive bays or 3.5-inch easy-swap drive bays. The following figure shows the front of the server.
Figure 2. Front view of the ThinkServer TD350 (16x 2.5-inch drive-bay model)
The following figure shows the rear of the TD350 server.
Figure 3. Rear view of the ThinkServer TD350
The following figure shows the inside of the TD350 server.
Figure 4. Inside view of the ThinkServer TD350
The following table lists the standard specifications.
|Machine type||70DG, 70DH (3.5-inch drives)
70DJ, 70DK (2.5-inch drives)
70DL, 70DM (3.5-inch drives, rack conversion kit)
70DN, 70DQ (2.5-inch drives, rack conversion kit)
|Form factor||Tower (convertable to 4U rack-mount)|
|Processor||Up to two Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 Series CPUs, with up to 135 W SKUs and up to 16 cores per CPU|
|Chipset||Intel C610 Series|
|Memory||Up to 16 DDR4 DIMM sockets (8 DIMMs per processor). RDIMMs and Load Reduced DIMMs (LRDIMMs) are supported. Memory types cannot be intermixed. Memory speed up to 2133 MHz|
|Memory protection||ECC, Patrol Scrubbing, Demand Scrubbing, Sparing, Mirroring, and Lockstep Mode|
|Disk drive bays||
Internal drive bay options (mutually exclusive):
Two M.2 SSDs with an optional M.2 storage module with a dedicated connector. Two SDHC Card with optional SD module installed with a dedicated connector.
|Maximum internal storage||180 TB with 15x 12 TB 3.5-inch NL SAS HDDs or 64 TB with 32x 2 TB 2.5-inch NL SATA HDDs. Intermix of SAS/SATA is supported.|
Supported AnyRAID adapter installed in dedicated slots on the drive backplanes:
|Optical drive bays||One or two optional slimline drive, one standard in some models. Support for DVD-ROM or Multiburner.|
|Tape drive bays||One optional LTO6 tape drive. Requires AnyRAID 720ix controller.|
|Network interfaces||Two integrated RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-T ports (Intel i210) for the operating system, Port 1 can be configured as shared with with systems management. Dedicated Gigabit Ethernet port for systems management.|
|PCI Expansion slots||Up to seven slots, depending on the number of processors installed. The slots are numbered as follows (see the rear view in Locations of key components and connectors for slot locations):
|Cooling||Four hot-swap system fans, 3 + 1 redundant.|
|Power supply||Up to two redundant hot-swap 450W, 550 W, 750 W, or 1100 W High Efficiency Platinum AC power supplies (all 110-240V), or 750 W High Efficiency Titanium AC power supply (220-240V)|
|Hot-swap parts||Drives, fans and power supplies|
|Systems management||Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), Onboard Aspeed AST2400 graphics/management processor, IPMI 2.0-compliant baseboard management controller (BMC).
Supports ThinkServer management software:
|Security features||Power-on and administrator password. Optional Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 or 1.2. Chassis intrusion switch standard on some models, not available on others.|
|Video||Onboard Aspeed AST2400 with 16MB memory, one VGA port on rear. Maximum resolution: 1920x1200@60Hz|
|Operating systems supported||Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer. See the Operating system support section for specifics.|
|Limited warranty||One or three-year limited onsite service with 9x5/Next Business Day|
|Service and support||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo Services|
Tower form factor:
Rack form factor:
|Weight||Minimum configuration: 22 kg (48.5 lb), maximum 41.5 kg (91.5 lb)|
ThinkServer TD350 models are region-specific; that is, each region may define their own server models, and not all server models are available in every region.
Machine types for the TD350 are 70DG, 70DH, 70DJ, 70DK, 70DL, 70DM, 70DN, and 70DQ.
For a list of the TD350 models available in the US or EMEA, see PSREF:
For models in other regions, contact a local Lenovo or Lenovo Business Partner representative.
The TD350 server models are shipped with the following items:
- Rail kit (some models)
- Cable management arm (some models)
- One or two rack power cords or power cords (model specific)
- Documentation package
The TD350 supports up to two Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 series of processors. The following table lists the supported processor options. When two processors are installed, they must be identical.
|Part number||Description||Memory speed||TB||VT||HT|
|4XG0F28787||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2603 v3 (6C, 85W, 1.6GHz)||1600 MHz||N||Y||N|
|4XG0F28786||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2609 v3 (6C, 85W, 1.9GHz)||1600 MHz||N||Y||N|
|4XG0F28785||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2620 v3 (6C, 85W, 2.4GHz)||1866 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28827||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2623 v3 (4C, 105W, 3.0GHz)||1866 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28784||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 (8C, 85W, 2.4GHz)||1866 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28789||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2630L v3 (8C, 55W, 1.8GHz)||1866 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28826||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2637 v3 (4C, 135W, 3.5GHz)||2133 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28783||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2640 v3 (8C, 90W, 2.6GHz)||1866 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28825||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2643 v3 (6C, 135W, 3.4GHz)||2133 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28782||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 (10C, 105W, 2.3GHz)||2133 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28788||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2650L v3 (12C, 65W, 1.8GHz)||2133 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28781||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2660 v3 (10C, 105W, 2.6GHz)||2133 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28824||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2667 v3 (8C, 135W, 3.2GHz)||2133 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28780||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2670 v3 (12C, 120W, 2.3GHz)||2133 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28779||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2680 v3 (12C, 120W, 2.5GHz)||2133 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28778||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2683 v3 (14C, 120W, 2.0GHz)||2133 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28828||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2685 v3 (12C, 120W, 2.6GHz)||2133 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28777||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2690 v3 (12C, 135W, 2.6GHz)||2133 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28776||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2695 v3 (14C, 120W, 2.3GHz)||2133 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
|4XG0F28775||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Intel Xeon E5-2698 v3 (16C, 135W, 2.3GHz)||2133 MHz||Y||Y||Y|
Xeon E5-2600 v3 improves on the older generation of processors in the following ways:
- Maximum TD350 core count is increased from 10 to 12 cores per processor from the TD340.
- Single thread count is increased from 20 to 24.
- Maximum last level per-processor cache is increased from 25 MB to 30 MB.
- Intel Quick Path Interconnect speed increases from 8.0 GT/s to 9.6 GT/s.
- Supports DDR4 memory at up to 2133 MT/s.
- Supports Trusted Execution Technology (TX).
- Supports Advanced Encryption Standard Instruction Set.
The ThinkServer TD350 supports DDR4 memory. DDR4 memory offers many benefits over older generation DDR3 memory. DDR4 operates at a lower voltage than DDR3L (1.2V vs. 1.5V) and as a result, offers significant power savings. In addition, DDR4 memory has higher memory transfer speeds of up to 2133 MT/s, depending on the memory configuration.
Lenovo offers Registered DIMMs (RDIMM) and Load Reduced DIMMs (LR-DIMM) that use a buffer to reduce memory bus loading, which enables greater memory capacities to be achieved.
The following table lists the DDR4 memory options and ordering information.
2400 MHz memory support: the TD350 with Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 processors supports both 2133 MHz and 2400 MHz memory options, however the 2400 MHz memory DIMMs will operate at speeds up to 2133 MHz.
|2400 MHz memory options|
|4X70G88318||Lenovo ThinkServer 8GB DDR4-2400MHz (1Rx4) RDIMM||8 / 16|
|4X70G88319||Lenovo ThinkServer 16GB DDR4-2400MHz (2Rx4) RDIMM||8 / 16|
|4X70G88320||Lenovo ThinkServer 32GB DDR4-2400MHz (2Rx4) RDIMM||8 / 16|
|4X70G88321||Lenovo ThinkServer 64GB DDR4-2400MHz (4Rx4) LRDIMM||8 / 16|
|2133 MHz memory options|
|4X70F28588||Lenovo ThinkServer 4GB DDR4-2133MHz (1Rx8) RDIMM||8 / 16|
|4X70F28589||Lenovo ThinkServer 8GB DDR4-2133MHz (1Rx4) RDIMM||8 / 16|
|4X70F28590||Lenovo ThinkServer 16GB DDR4-2133MHz (2Rx4) RDIMM||8 / 16|
|4X70G88311||Lenovo ThinkServer 32GB DDR4-2133MHz (2Rx4) RDIMM||8 / 16|
|4X70F28591||Lenovo ThinkServer 32GB DDR4-2133MHz (4Rx4) LRDIMM||8 / 16|
* Maximum supported with 1 processor / 2 processors installed
The server supports up to 8 DIMMs when one processor is installed and up to 16 DIMMs when two processors are installed. Each processor has four memory channels, and there are two DIMMs supported per channel. The server supports up to 1024 GB of memory at speeds up to 2133 MHz when fully populated. The actual memory speed in the system is determined as the lowest of the memory speed that is supported by the specific CPU or the maximum operating speeds for the memory configuration that is based on the number of DIMMs per channel.
ThinkServer engineering tested and validated system designs that support memory speeds beyond Intel’s original plan, which provides benefits for workloads that require memory speed and density. Lenovo ThinkServer memory is fully supported up to the rated speeds that are listed in the following table.
|DIMMs per channel||
|Memory bus speed||Maximum capacity||Memory bus speed||Maximum capacity|
|1 DPC||2133 MHz||256 GB (8x 32 GB)||2133 MHz||512 GB (8x 64 GB)|
|2 DPC||2133 MHz||512 GB (16x 32 GB)||2133 MHz||1024 GB (16x 64 GB)|
Protection against data loss is provided through the following memory RAS features: ECC, Patrol and Demand Scrubbing, Sparing, Mirroring, and Lockstep Mode.
Memory can be configured to meet various needs and workloads subject to the following general rules:
- Mixing memory type (RDIMM, LR-DIMM) is not supported.
- Mixing memory speeds (2400 MHz and 2133 MHz) is supported. 2400 MHz memory will operate at most at 2133 MHz.
- DIMM capacities and rank can be mixed.
When you are populating for the various RAS modes the following rules apply:
- If memory mirroring or lockstep is used, DIMMs must be installed in pairs (minimum of one pair per each CPU), and both DIMMs in a pair must be identical in type, size, and rank.
- If memory sparing is used, one rank of a DIMM in each populated channel is reserved as spare memory; therefore, Single Rank DIMMs cannot be used. DIMMs in a pair must be identical in type, size, and rank.
The memory subsystem can be optimized for various factors, including performance, capacity, or power consumption. Refer to the following guidelines when you are selecting memory options:
- Guidelines for maximum memory performance:
- Use all available memory channels (four per processor, eight total per system).
- Use identical DIMM populations in size and speed across channels.
- Populate both processors with equal amounts of memory.
- Use the same number of ranks that are populated per channel.
- Have at least two ranks available on each channel.
- Guidelines for lowest memory power consumption:
- Use fewer, higher capacity DIMMs. For example, a 8x 16 GB DIMM configuration often has lower power requirements than that of a 16x 8 GB DIMM configuration.
- Populating more DIMMs per channel and the use of less channels (opposite of the previous guidance) reduces overall system power, but at the cost of significant performance reduction.
The following table provides guidelines for selecting memory configurations that are based on performance or capacity. For example, to achieve optimal 2133 MHz performance at a specific capacity, populate up to 16 DIMMs (up to 8 per CPU). To achieve the maximum memory capacity with the highest performance, populate up to 16 sockets with LRDIMMs.
|4GB||1 CPU||1x 4 GB||1 channel||RDIMM||2133 MHz||Minimum configuration
for 1 CPU
|8GB||1 CPU||1x 8 GB||1 channel||RDIMM||2133 MHz||Cost optimized|
|16GB||1 CPU||2x 8 GB||2 channel||RDIMM||2133 MHz||Cost optimized|
|32GB||1 CPU||8x 4 GB||4 channels||RDIMM||2133 MHz||Best throughput
with one CPU
|64GB||1 CPU||8x 8 GB||4 channels||RDIMM||2133 MHz|
|128GB||1 CPU||8x 1 6GB||4 channels||RDIMM||2133 MHz|
|256GB||1 CPU||8x 32 GB||4 channels||RDIMM||2133 MHz|
|256GB||1 CPU||8x 32 GB||4 channels||RDIMM
|1866 MHz||Highest 1 CPU capacity|
|32GB||2 CPU||8x 4 GB||4 channels||RDIMM||2133 MHz||Cost optimized|
|64GB||2 CPU||16x 4 GB||8 channels||RDIMM||2133 MHz||Best throughput
with two CPUs
|128GB||2 CPU||16x 8 GB||8 channels||RDIMM||2133 MHz|
|192GB||2 CPU||8x 8 GB +
8x 16 GB
|8 channels||RDIMM||2133 MHz|
|256GB||2 CPU||16x 16 GB||8 channels||RDIMM||2133 MHz|
|512GB||2 CPU||16x 32 GB||8 channels||LRDIMM||2133 MHz||Highest capacity
at best throughput & price
|512GB||2 CPU||16x 32 GB||8 channels||RDIMM||2133 MHz||Highest capacity
at best throughput & latency
The TD350 supports chassis configurations with either 2.5-inch drive bays or 3.5-inch drive bays. Some configurations also support one optical drive, two optical drives, or one optical and one tape drive.
The six available drive configurations are shown in the following figure. The configurations are:
- 8x 2.5-inch hot-swap drive bays
- 16x 2.5-inch hot-swap drive bays
- 32x 2.5-inch hot-swap drive bays
- 5x 3.5-inch hot-swap drive bays
- 15x 3.5-inch hot-swap drive bays
- 5x 3.5-inch easy-swap drive bays
Figure 5. Available drive bay configurations
Note: A tape drive is supported only with hot-swap drive configurations and only with the addition of the AnyRAID 720ix controller.
There are two hot-swap backplanes used in TD350 configurations:
- 8x 2.5-inch hot-swap backplane (for 8, 16 or 32-drive configurations)
- 15x 3.5-inch hot-swap backplane (for 5-drive and 15-drive configurations)
A configuration with 8x 2.5-inch drives can be upgraded to 16 drive bays by adding one additional backplane. A configuration with 16x 2.5-inch drives can be upgraded to 32 drive bays by adding an upgrade kit. The upgrade option is listed in the following table.
|Part Number||Description||Maximum supported|
|4XF0G45886||Lenovo ThinkServer Gen 5 Tower 2.5" 8-Drive Backplane Kit Contains:
|4XF0G88928||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 2.5" 32-Drive Upgrade Kit from 16-Drive. Contains:
The server also supports an M.2 module which installs into a dedicated connector on the system board and supports two M.2 cards. The use of the M.2 module requires the use of the AnyRAID 720ix controller. See the M.2 storage options section for information.
The server also supports an optional SD Card module which installs into a dedicated connector on the system board and supports two SDHC cards. See the SD Card storage options section for information. SD cards can be configured redundantly by using the operating system. The SD cards are enabled via a USB port from the system board Platform Controller Hub (PCH) and do not require a RAID controller.
Controllers for internal storage
The TD350 supports one or two AnyRAID RAID controller for all internal drives. The AnyRAID adapters are installed in dedicated slots directly on the drive backplane. Controller options are listed in the following table.
|None||Lenovo ThinkServer RAID 110i AnyRAID Adapter||1|
|4XC0G88837||Lenovo ThinkServer RAID 510i AnyRAID Adapter||1|
|4XC0G88838||Lenovo ThinkServer RAID 720i AnyRAID Adapter||1|
|4XC0G88839||Lenovo ThinkServer RAID 720ix AnyRAID Adapter with Expander||2|
Supported controllers are as follows:
- AnyRAID 110i offers a low-cost solution for light workloads with limited users. It supports 6 GB SATA drives with RAID 0/1/10 with optional RAID 5. The AnyRAID 110i is a pass-through card that routes the embedded controller in the Intel C610 PCH to the backplane. Supports SATA drives only. RAID support only with 6 drives; remaining 2 drives (if installed) must be configured as single drives (AHCI mode).
- AnyRAID 510i is an IOC-based RAID card that offers an affordable hardware controller that delivers performance and reliability. It supports 6 GB SAS & SATA drives and RAID 0/1/10 with optional RAID 5/50. Maximum 8 drives.
- AnyRAID 720i is a RoC-based 12Gb SAS/SATA controller that offers advanced RAID configurations, protection, and software. It supports RAID 0/1/5/6/10/50/60 with optional 1 GB cache (without flash), or 1 GB, 2 GB or 4 GB cache each with CacheVault (flash), CacheCade, and FastPath support. Maximum 8 drives.
- AnyRAID 720ix is similar to the 720i but also includes a SAS Expander to support up to 16 drives in the TD350. It is a 12 GB SAS/SATA controller with support for RAID 0/1/5/6/10/50/60. Cache is required, either 1 GB cache (without flash), or 1 GB, 2GB or 4GB cache each with CacheVault (flash), CacheCade, and FastPath support.
Note: If the server configuration includes an internal LTO6 tape drive or M.2 module, the AnyRAID 720ix is required. It is not supported to have both an LTO6 tape drive and M.2 module installed in a system.
The following table lists which controllers are supported in each of the drive-bay configurations.
|Configuration||AnyRAID 110i||AnyRAID 510i||AnyRAID 720i||AnyRAID 720ix|
|8x 2.5-inch hot-swap||Supported*||Supported||Supported||No|
|16x 2.5-inch hot-swap||No||No||No||Supported|
|32x 2.5-inch hot-swap||No||No||No||Supported†|
|5x 3.5-inch hot-swap||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|15x 3.5-inch hot-swap||No||No||No||Supported|
|5x 3.5-inch easy-swap||Supported||No||No||Supported|
|Additional connected storage devices|
|LTO6 tape drive||No||No||No||Supported**|
* With the 110i and the 8x2.5 configuration, 6 drives can be configured as RAID; the remaining 2 drives are JBOD only
† Two AnyRAID 720ix controllers are required for 32-drive support; see below.
** LTO6 and M.2 support are mutually exclusive
For 32-drive bay configurations, two AnyRAID 720ix controllers are required and both are connected to the the drive backplanes, one controller to each pair of 8-drive backplanes. The first AnyRAID controller is connected to the standard AnyRAID connectors on the system board (see Locations of key components and connectors). The second AnyRAID controller is connected to a PCIe Expander Card that is installed in PCIe slot 3.
Note: If you are upgrading a 16-bay configuration to 32-bays using the upgrade kit described in the Internal Storage section, the upgrade kit includes the second AnyRAID 720ix adapter as well as the PCIe Expander Card.
The following table summarizes the features and specifications of AnyRAID controllers.
|Feature||AnyRAID 110i||AnyRAID 510i||AnyRAID 720i||AnyRAID 720ix|
|Controller chip||Intel PCH||LSI SAS2008||LSI SAS3108||LSI SAS3108|
|Host interface||Not applicable||PCIe 2.0 x8||PCIe 3.0 x8||PCIe 3.0 x8|
|Port interface||6 Gbps SATA||6 Gbps SAS||12 Gbps SAS||12 Gbps SAS|
|Drive interface||SATA||SAS, SATA||SAS, SATA||SAS, SATA|
|Includes SAS expander||No||No||No||Yes|
|Drive type||HDD, SSD||HDD, SSD||HDD, SSD||HDD, SSD|
|Number of drives||8*||8||8||32|
|RAID levels||0/1/10, Optional 5 (4XB0F28690)||0/1/10, Optional 5/50 (4XB0F28692)||0/1/10/5/50, Optional 6/60 with cache upgrade||0/1/10/5/50/6/60|
|JBOD mode||Yes||Yes||Yes (without cache)||Yes (with 1GB no-backup cache)|
|Cache (some with CacheVault flash-backed cache)||None||None||
|FastPath||No||No||Yes (with flash backup)||Yes (with flash backup)|
|CacheCade 2.0||No||No||Yes (with flash backup)||Yes (with flash backup)|
tape drive support
* Up to 6 drives can be configured in a RAID array, and the remaining two drives operate in JBOD mode.
The following table summarizes the available RAID controller upgrades for the supported controllers.
|AnyRAID 110i upgrade|
|4XB0F28690||Lenovo ThinkServer RAID 110i RAID 5 Upgrade|
|AnyRAID 510i upgrade|
|4XB0F28692||Lenovo ThinkServer RAID 510i RAID 5 Upgrade|
|AnyRAID 720i and 720ix upgrades|
|4XB0F28695||Lenovo ThinkServer RAID 720i 1GB Modular DRAM Upgrade|
|4XB0F28696||Lenovo ThinkServer RAID 720i 1GB Modular Flash and Supercapacitor Upgrade|
|4XB0F28697||Lenovo ThinkServer RAID 720i 2GB Modular Flash and Supercapacitor Upgrade|
|4XB0F28698||Lenovo ThinkServer RAID 720i 4GB Modular Flash and Supercapacitor Upgrade|
Internal drive options
The following tables list the hard disk drive and solid-state drive options for the internal disk storage of the server.
- Table 11: 2.5-inch hot-swap 12 Gb SAS/SATA HDDs
- Table 12: 2.5-inch hot-swap 6 Gb SAS/SATA HDDs
- Table 13: 2.5-inch hot-swap 12 Gb SAS/SATA SSDs
- Table 14: 3.5-inch hot-swap 12 Gb SAS/SATA HDDs
- Table 15: 3.5-inch hot-swap 6 Gb SAS/SATA HDDs
- Table 16: 3.5-inch hot-swap 12 Gb SAS/SATA SSDs
- Table 17: 3.5-inch easy-swap 6 Gb SAS/SATA HDDs
|2.5-inch hot-swap HDDs - 12 Gb SAS 10K|
|4XB0G88732||ThinkServer Gen 5 2.5" 300GB 10K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||32|
|4XB0G88734||ThinkServer Gen 5 2.5" 600GB 10K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||32|
|4XB0G88735||ThinkServer Gen 5 2.5" 900GB 10K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||32|
|4XB0G88736||ThinkServer Gen 5 2.5" 1.2TB 10K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||32|
|4XB0G88737||ThinkServer Gen 5 2.5" 1.8TB 10K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||32|
|2.5-inch hot-swap HDDs - 12 Gb SAS 15K|
|4XB0G88739||ThinkServer Gen 5 2.5" 300GB 15K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||32|
|4XB0G88765||ThinkServer Gen 5 2.5" 600GB 15K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||32|
|2.5-inch hot-swap HDDs - 6 Gb NL SATA|
|4XB0G45721||ThinkServer Gen 5 2.5" 1TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||32|
|4XB0G88774||ThinkServer Gen 5 2.5" 2TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps Hot Swap HardDrive||32|
|2.5-inch hot-swap SSDs - 12 Gb SAS - Enterprise Mainstream (3-5 DWPD)|
|4XB0K12258||ThinkServer 2.5" 400GB PM1635 Enterprise Mainstream 12Gb SAS Hot Swap Solid State Drive||32|
|4XB0K12259||ThinkServer 2.5" 800GB PM1635 Enterprise Mainstream 12Gb SAS Hot Swap Solid State Drive||32|
|4XB0K12260||ThinkServer 2.5" 1.6TB PM1635 Enterprise Mainstream 12Gb SAS Hot Swap Solid State Drive||32|
|3.5-inch hot-swap HDDs - 12 Gb SAS 15K|
|4XB0G88740||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 300GB 15K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||15|
|4XB0G88746||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 600GB 15K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||15|
|3.5-inch hot-swap HDDs - 12 Gb SAS 10K|
|4XB0G88733||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 300GB 10K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||15|
|4XB0G88761||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 600GB 10K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||15|
|4XB0G88762||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 900GB 10K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||15|
|4XB0G88763||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 1.2TB 10K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||15|
|4XB0G88738||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 1.8TB 10K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||15|
|3.5-inch hot-swap HDDs - 12 Gb NL SAS|
|4XB0G88730||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 2TB 7.2K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive (512e)||15|
|4XB0G88731||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 4TB 7.2K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive (512e)||15|
|4XB0G88715||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 6TB 7.2K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps HS HDD (512e)||15|
|4XB0K12254||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 8TB 7.2K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive (512e)||15|
|4XB0K12312||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 10TB 7.2K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps HS 512e HDD||15|
|4XB0K12270||ThinkServer Gen5 3.5" 1TB 7.2K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps HS HDD (512n)||15|
|4XB0K12278||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 2TB 7.2K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps HS HDD (512n)||15|
|4XB0K12279||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 4TB 7.2K Enterprise SAS 12Gbps HS HDD (512n)||15|
|3.5-inch hot-swap HDDs - 6 Gb NL SATA|
|4XB0F28712||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 1TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||15|
|4XB0F28713||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 2TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||15|
|4XB0G45715||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 4TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps Hot Swap Hard Drive||15|
|4XB0G88713||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 6TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps HS HDD||15|
|4XB0K12255||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 8TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps HS HDD||15|
|4XB0K12313||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 10TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps HS 512e HDD||15|
|4XB0N68532||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 12TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps Hot Swap 512e HDD||15|
|3.5-inch hot-swap SSDs - 12 Gb SAS - Enterprise Mainstream (3-5 DWPD)|
|4XB0K12261||ThinkServer 3.5" 400GB PM1635 Enterprise Mainstream 12Gb SAS Hot Swap Solid State Drive||15|
|4XB0K12262||ThinkServer 3.5" 800GB PM1635 Enterprise Mainstream 12Gb SAS HS SSD||15|
|4XB0K12263||ThinkServer 3.5" 1.6TB PM1635 Enterprise Mainstream 12Gb SAS Hot Swap Solid State Drive||15|
|3.5-inch easy-swap HDDs - 6 Gb NL SATA|
|4XB0F28708||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 1TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps Easy Swap Hard Drive||5|
|4XB0F28709||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 2TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps Easy Swap Hard Drive||5|
|4XB0F28711||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 4TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps Easy Swap Hard Drive||5|
|4XB0G88726||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 6TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps EasySwap Hard Drive||5|
|4XB0K12314||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 10TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps EasySwap 512e HDD||5|
|4XB0N68534||ThinkServer Gen 5 3.5" 12TB 7.2K Enterprise SATA 6Gbps NHS 512e HDD||5|
SD Card storage options
The TD350 supports SD memory cards, which can be used to boot the operating system. The TD350 supports two SD memory cards via an optional module that is connected to the system board. See Locations of key components and connectors for the location. SD cards can be configured redundantly by using the operating system. The SD cards are enabled via a USB port from the system board Platform Controller Hub (PCH), and do not require a RAID controller.
Table 18. SD Card options
|4XF0G88933||ThinkServer SDHC Flash Assembly Module (supports 2 SDHC cards)||1|
|4X70F28592||ThinkServer 8GB SD Card||2|
|4X70F28593||ThinkServer 32GB SD Card||2|
M.2 storage options
The TD350 also supports M.2 SSDs as an alternative to SD Cards for booting an operating system. M.2 is an enterprise class SSD form factor and is more robust than SD card options.
M.2 offers better performance than SD cards and protects data better with features such as:
- Capacitor-based power loss protection
- Support of Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Hardware-based RAID 1 (with two M.2 SSDs installed)
The following table shows the ordering information for the M.2 options.
Table 19. M.2 options
|4XF0G45893||Lenovo Thinkserver TD350 M.2 Enablement Kit to RAID720ix||1|
|4XB0F28656||Lenovo ThinkServer M.2 120GB Value Read-Optimized SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drive||2|
|4XB0G88741||Lenovo ThinkServer M.2 80GB Value Read-Optimized SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drive||2|
The following figure shows the M.2 module and SSD options.
Figure 6. M.2 options
Note: The use of M.2 in the TD350 requires the AnyRAID 720ix controller be installed, but is mutually exclusive with the use of an LTO6 tape drive.
Internal backup units
The TD350 supports an internal LTO6 tape drive one of the 5.25-inch bays. To support a tape drive, the AnyRAID 720ix RAID controller must be used. The SAS connection for the tape drive is routed from the RAID controller.
The following table lists the part numbers for tape support.
|4XF0G45866||Lenovo ThinkServer LTO-6 Linear Tape Drive Kit by Tandberg|
|4XB0F28689||2.5 TB LTO6 Tape Cartridge|
The tape drive kit includes the necessary cables and mounting hardware to install the tape drive in the server.
The TD350 server supports the optical drive options listed in the following table.
Table 21. Optical drives
|Part number||Description||Maximum supported|
|4XA0F28605||Lenovo ThinkServer Half High SATA DVD-RW Optical Disk Drive||2|
|4XA0F28606||Lenovo ThinkServer Half High SATA DVR-ROM Optical Disk Drive||2|
|4XA0G88611||Lenovo ThinkServer Slim SATA DVD-RW Optical Disk Drive||2|
|4XA0G88612||Lenovo ThinkServer Slim SATA DVD-ROM Optical Disk Drive||2|
I/O expansion options
The TD350 supports up to seven slots, depending on the number of processors installed. The slots are numbered as follows:
- PCIe 3.0 x16 full height/full length (supports double-width cards)
- PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 mechanical) full height/full length
- PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 mechanical) full height/full length
- PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 mechanical) full height/full length (requires CPU 2)
- PCIe 3.0 x16 full height/full length (requires CPU 2)
- PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 mechanical) full height/full length (requires CPU 2)
- PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 mechanical) full height/full length (requires CPU 2)
The following figure shows the location of the slots, as seen from the rear of the server.
Figure 7. Slot numbering
The TD350 supports two integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports controlled by a single integrated network interface controller (NIC):
- Based on the Intel i210 controller
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports
- NIC Teaming (load balancing and failover)
- Port 1 supports NCSI to enable shared access to the management controller
- Supports Wake-on-LAN (WOL)
- Ethernet features:
- Compliant with 1 Gb Ethernet IEEE 802.3, 802.3u, and 802.3ab PHY specifications
- Integrated PHY for 10/100/1000 Mbps for multispeed, full, and half-duplex auto-negotiation
- Automatic MDI crossover
- IEEE 802.3x-compliant flow control support
- IEEE 1588 protocol and 802.1AS time synchronization implementation
- IEEE802.3az - Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- IEEE 802.1q Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) tagging support
- Stateless offload and performance features:
- TCP, IP, and User Datagram Protocol (UDP) checksum offload
- TCP segmentation offload (TCO)
- Large Send Offload (LSO)
- Receive Side Scaling (RSS) and Transmit Side Scaling (TSS)
- Message Signal Interrupt (MSI) and Message Signal Interrupt Extension (MSI-X) support
- Support for jumbo frames up to 9600 bytes
Note: iSCSI offload and iSCSI boot are not supported
The following table lists additional supported network adapters.
|Part number||Description||Maximum supported*|
|1 Gb Ethernet|
|4XC0F28724||ThinkServer OCe14102-NX 10Gbps Dual Port Ethernet Adapter by Emulex||3 / 7|
|4XC0F28730||Lenovo ThinkServer I350-T2 PCIe 1Gb 2 Port Base-T Ethernet Adapter by Intel||3 / 7|
|4XC0F28731||Lenovo ThinkServer I350-T4 PCIe 1Gb 4 Port Base-T Ethernet Adapter by Intel||3 / 7|
|10 Gb Ethernet|
|4XC0F28732||Lenovo ThinkServer X540-T2 PCIe 10Gb 2 Port Base-T Ethernet Adapter by Intel||3 / 7|
|4XC0F28733||Lenovo ThinkServer X520-SR2 PCIe 10Gb 2 Port SFP+ Ethernet Adapter by Intel||3 / 7|
|4XC0F28734||Lenovo ThinkServer X520-DA2 PCIe 10Gb 2 Port SFP+ Ethernet Adapter by Intel||3 / 7|
|4XC0G88855||Lenovo ThinkServer X550-T1 PCIe 10Gb 1 Port Base-T Ethernet Adapter by Intel||3 / 7|
|4XC0G88856||Lenovo ThinkServer X550-T2 PCIe 10Gb 2 Port Base-T Ethernet Adapter by Intel||3 / 7|
|4XC0G88852||Lenovo ThinkServer X710-DA2 PCIe 10Gb 2 port Ethernet Adapter by Intel||3 / 7|
|4XC0G88854||Lenovo ThinkServer X710-DA4 PCIe 10Gb 4 port Ethernet Adapter by Intel||3 / 7|
|4XC0F28735||Lenovo ThinkServer 10Gb Optical Module by Intel (for use with Intel SFP+ adapters)||2 per card|
|4XC0F28736||Lenovo ThinkServer OCe14102-UX-L PCIe 10Gb 2 Port SFP+ Converged Network Adapter by Emulex||3 / 7|
|4XC0F28737||Lenovo ThinkServer 10Gb Optical Module by Emulex (for use with 4XC0F28736)||2 per card|
|40 Gb Ethernet|
|4XC0F28738||Lenovo ThinkServer OCe14401-UX-L PCIe 40Gb 1 Port QSFP+ Converged Network Adapter by Emulex||3 / 7|
|4XC0F28739||Lenovo ThinkServer 40Gb Optical Module by Emulex (for use with 4XC0F28738)||3 / 7|
* Maximum supported for 1 CPU / 2 CPU installed.
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Ethernet category:
SAS adapters for external storage
The following table lists the supported SAS HBAs and RAID adapters.
|Part number||Description||Max Supported
(1 CPU / 2 CPU)
|SAS HBAs for external storage|
|4XB0G88727||Lenovo ThinkServer 8885e PCIe 12Gb 8 port external SAS Adapter by PMC||3 / 7|
|4XB0F28703||Lenovo ThinkServer 9300-8e PCIe 12Gb 8 Port External SAS Adapter by LSI||3 / 7|
|RAID controllers for external storage|
|4XB0F28699||ThinkServer 9286CV-8e PCIe 6Gb 8 Port External SAS RAID Adapter by LSI||2 / 6|
|Options for the 9286CV-8e controller|
|4XB0F28702||Lenovo ThinkServer RAID CacheCade Pro 2.0 Key||1 per card|
|4XB0G45761||Lenovo ThinkServer CacheVault Data Protection Upgrade II||1 per card|
The following table compares the features of the RAID controllers and HBAs.
|Adapter type||RAID controller||SAS HBA||SAS HBA|
|Form factor||Low profile||Low profile||Low profile|
|Controller chip||LSI SAS2208||LSI SAS3008||PMC PM8063|
|Host interface||PCIe 3.0 x8||PCIe 3.0 x8||PCIe 3.0 x8|
|Port interface||6 Gbps SAS||12 Gbps SAS||12 Gbps SAS|
|Number of external ports||8||8||8*|
|External port connectors||2x Mini-SAS (SFF-8088)||2x Mini-SAS HD (SFF-8644)||2x Mini-SAS HD (SFF-8644)|
|Drive interface||SAS, SATA||SAS, SATA||SAS, SATA|
|Drive type||HDD, SSD||HDD, SSD||HDD, SSD|
|Maximum number of devices||240||1024||256|
|Maximum number of expansion units||8||8||8|
|Cache||1 GB||None||1 GB|
|CacheVault cache protection||Optional (4XB0G45761)||None||None|
|CacheCade Pro 2.0||Optional (4XB0F28702)||None||None|
* In addition to eight external ports, the ThinkServer 8885e adapter has eight internal ports.
Fibre Channel host bus adapters
The following table lists the supported Fibre Channel HBAs.
|Part number||Description||Max Supported
(1 CPU / 2 CPU)
|16 Gb Fibre Channel HBAs|
|4XB0F28704||Lenovo ThinkServer LPe16002B-M8-L PCIe 8Gb 2 Port Fibre Channel Adapter by Emulex||3 / 7|
|4XB0F28705||Lenovo ThinkServer LPe16002B-M6-L PCIe 16Gb 2 Port Fibre Channel Adapter by Emulex||3 / 7|
|4XC0F28745||Lenovo ThinkServer QLE2672 PCIe 16Gb 2 Port Fibre Channel Adapter by Qlogic||3 / 7|
|4XB0F28654||ThinkServer QLE2670 Single Port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA by QLogic||3 / 7|
|4XB0F28653||ThinkServer LPe16000B Single Port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA by Emulex||3 / 7|
|8 Gb Fibre Channel HBAs|
|0C19478||ThinkServer LPe12002 Dual Port 8Gb fibre Channel HBA by Emulex||3 / 7|
|0C19482||ThinkServer QLE2562 Dual Port 8Gb fibre Channel HBA by QLogic||3 / 7|
|4XB0F28649||ThinkServer QLE2560 Single Port 8Gb fibre Channel HBA by QLogic||3 / 7|
|4XB0F28652||ThinkServer LPe16000B Single Port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA by Emulex||3 / 7|
For more information, see the list of Lenovo Press Product Guides in the Host bus adapters category:
PCIe Flash Storage adapters
The TD350 supports the following PCIe Flash Storage adapters.
|Part number||Description||Max supported
(1 CPU / 2 CPU)
|4XB0G88747||LTS 1.6TB ioMemory SX350 Performance PCIe 2.0 SSD by Sandisk||0 / 2|
|4XB0G88748||LTS 3.2TB ioMemory SX350 Performance PCIe 2.0 SSD by Sandisk||0 / 2|
The TD350 currently does not support any GPU adapters.
The TD350 supports up to two redundant hot-swap AC power supplies. Power supplies are Energy Star 2.0 compliant and 80 PLUS certified. The server ships with power cords.
Power supplies that are available for the TD350 are highly efficient with Energy Star 80 Plus Platinum and Titanium supplies. Several power supply options are available and they can be selected to match the workload and configuration of the server for even greater efficiencies. All power supplies that are used in the TD350 are common across the ThinkServer next-generation server portfolio, which simplifies management across large installations.
Power supplies are auto-sensing and support both 110V and 220V AC power. In China only, the power supplies also support 240V DC. The power supplies feature a line-cord retention mechanism to prevent unintended disconnects.
The available power supply options for TD350, including their operating characteristics, efficiency ratings, and ordering information are listed in the following table
|Part number||Power rating||80 PLUS rating||Voltage range||Efficiency at rated load - 110V||Efficiency at rated load - 220V|
|4X20G87845||450 W||Platinum||100 - 240 AC||90%||92%||89%||90%||94%||91%|
|4X20F28579||550 W||Platinum||100-240 AC||90%||92%||89%||89%||94%||91%|
|4X20F28575||750 W||Platinum||100 - 240 AC||90%||92%||89%||90%||94%||91%|
|4X20F28576||750 W||Titanium||200 - 240 AC||No support||94%||96%||91%|
|4X20F28577||1100 W||Platinum||100 - 240 AC||90%||92%||89%||90%||94%||91%|
Use the ThinkServer Power Planner to estimate power usage for a specific configuration: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101155
- 1 or 2 powers supplies are supported.
- If two power supplies are installed, they must be identical
- If two power supplies are installed, they form a redundant pair
- Both active-active and active-passive forms of redundancy are supported and they are configurable through IPMI (command-line interface)
Power supply options do not ship with a power cable. Cables can be ordered if needed, as listed in the following table.
|4X90F92964||ThinkServer C13-C14 WW 250V 10A 1.8m Jumper Cord|
|4X90F92965||ThinkServer C13-NEMA_5-15P US 125V 10A 1.8m Power Cord|
|4X90F92966||ThinkServer C13-JIS_C8303 Japan 125V 7A 1.8m Power Cord|
|4X90F92970||ThinkServer C13-BS_1363A UK 250V 10A 1.8m Power Cord|
|4X90F92971||ThinkServer C13-DK_2.5A Denmark 250V 10A 1.8m Power Cord|
|4X90F92974||ThinkServer C13-CEE_7.7 Europe 250V 10A 1.8m Power Cord|
|4X90F92975||ThinkServer C13-CE123_50 Italy 250V 10A 1.8m Power Cord|
|4X90F92976||ThinkServer C13-NRB_14136 Brazil 250V 10A 1.8m Power Cord|
|4X90F92977||ThinkServer C13-IRAM_2073 LA 250V 10A 1.8m Power Cord|
|4X90F92981||ThinkServer C13-GB1002 PRC 250V 10A 1.8m Power Cord|
|4X90F92973||ThinkServer C13-SI_32 Israel 250V 10A 1.8m Power Cord|
|4X90F92978||ThinkServer C13-SABS_164 South Africa 250V 6A 1.8m Power Cord|
|39Y7938||IEC C13 to C20 jumper power cable 2.8m|
|46M2593||Japan 12A/125V C13 to JIS C-8303 2.8m line cord|
A significant factor in the total cost of a server’s ownership is the processes that are used for administering the system hardware, software, and support over the life of the server. Lenovo’s ThinkServer system management offerings are based on industry standards, which enable integration into existing IT environments. Lenovo’s tools emphasize provisioning and operational management, which is a large portion of the system cost. Optional upgrades provide more management capabilities to optimize performance and usage of the servers.
Embedded within every Lenovo next-generation ThinkServer system, ThinkServer Deployment Manager is a tools suite that provides a complete set of provisioning capabilities from a single interface. ThinkServer Deployment Manager automates many of the tasks that are associated with server provisioning, including hardware configuration, operating system deployment, device driver (for operating system installation), firmware updates, and server cloning. Because ThinkServer Deployment Manager is integrated into the UEFI pre-boot environment, the tools operate independently of the server and are available regardless of system’s operational state. Formatting a system drive or reinstalling the operating system does not remove the tools, and there are no CDs or DVDs to retrieve or store, which affects user experience or productivity.
Remote Systems Management
ThinkServer System Manager (TSM) is Lenovo’s integrated systems management technology is standard on all next-generation ThinkServer systems. TSM operates independently of the server. It provides hardware-based, out-of-band remote access and management to ThinkServer systems, regardless of the server’s power state or the condition of the operating system.
TSM is a fully featured management solution that is built on open industry standards that can help reduce related IT expenses by increasing a server administrator’s productivity. TSM provides important health and status information to systems administrators. It also enables administrators to remotely perform most functions that otherwise require a visit to the server.
TSM can be used as part of any server systems management infrastructure and is well-suited for customers who are deploying servers in remote branches, limited-access data centers, and where one-on one remote-control capability is required. Lenovo’s design advancements address key system management concerns. In particular, TSM is a low-cost solution that supports heterogeneous environments, provides full remote management capability, and supports remote deployment.
TSM offers the following choices in management Ethernet connections that are configurable in BIOS or the TSM:
- Port zero on any Ethernet AnyFabric mezzanine card is supported
- VLANs supported to provide separation between in-band network and TSM
- 10 Mbps maximum TSM bandwidth on 1 GbE mezzanine cards
- 100 Mbps maximum TSM bandwidth on 10 GbE mezzanine cards
- Uses separate network port
- Provides complete physical separation between Mezzanine 0 and TSM
- 1 Gbps maximum TSM bandwidth
TSM provides the following key features:
- Remote server management through the following industry standard interfaces:
- Secure HTML5 web browser GUI that is suitable for today’s mobile devices and tablets IPMI 2.0
- DCMI 1.0
- SNMP v3 (Gets only)
- A PowerShell CLI provides increased flexibility and scripting capabilities
- Automatic out-of-band notification and alerts from:
- SNMP Traps
- SMTP (email) CIM indications
- Configurable via web and PowerShell CLI, IPMI, WS-Man, and SMASH-CLI interfaces
ThinkServer System Manager Premium, which is available as an optional hardware upgrade key, enables the following advanced features:
- A remote console that provides complete remote control of the server. A video viewer enables graphical console, keyboard, and mouse redirection of the server.
- Remote media capability that enables the attachment of local CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs, USB mass storage devices, ISO images, and IMG images (which are created from local folders) to the remote server.
- Support for power monitoring and management with the separately available ThinkServer Energy Manager tool. Energy Manager is a stand-alone, web-based, power management console that enables you to observe, plan, and manage server power usage to decrease power and cooling needs, which helps to lower your total cost of ownership. Energy Manager uses TSM to capture real-time power and temperature data from the ThinkServer system, which analyzes the data to optimize server power consumption and workload placement and provides controls to limit the maximum server power that is used.
The following table lists ThinkServer System Manager Premium ordering information.
|Description||Part number||Maximum supported|
|Lenovo ThinkServer System Manager Premium Module||4XF0G45867||1|
ThinkServer Energy Manager
Lenovo ThinkServer Energy Manager (TEM) provides power management for servers, which enables server density and data center capacity to be increased through use of power capping.
TEM is an agent-less, web-based console that tracks and analyzes real-time power usage and thermal data for servers and other supported devices in the data center. With this data, administrators can plan and manage server power and cooling. By using built-in intelligence, TEM identifies power usage trends, ideal power settings, and cooling analysis so that you can develop power-saving usage policies that adjust server power caps that are based on server utilization, business conditions, and power usage trends. When a user-defined power or temperature threshold is reached, an alert can be generated to inform you of the event. An emergency feature can automatically help maintain business continuity; when power outages or temperature events occur, TEM can dynamically cap power to shed load and distribute remaining power to servers that are prioritizing business-critical workloads.
With the ability to monitor, analyze, and control the power and cooling of Lenovo and non-Lenovo servers, TEM enables you to take control of power management and reduce operational costs.
A single TEM license is included with all next-generation servers with TSM Premium. Licenses are available for next-generation servers without TSM, selected fourth generation ThinkServer systems, and certain third-party servers via Node License Packs, as shown in the following table. Users of Lenovo Smart Grid can upgrade to TEM at no charge.
|Description||Part number||Maximum supported|
|4L40E51621||Lenovo ThinkServer Energy Manager Node License||1 node|
|4L40E51622||Lenovo ThinkServer Energy Manager Node License Pack||5 nodes|
|4L40E51623||Lenovo ThinkServer Energy Manager Node License Pack||50 nodes|
ThinkServer Partner Pack for VMware vCenter
The Lenovo Partner Pack for vSphere vCenter Server provides detailed system information about Lenovo ThinkServer hosts in a VMware virtualized environment, including extended inventory and status information about processors, memory, fans, temperature sensors, and more. It also enables actions, such as starting a remote console or the Think Server Management Module (TMM) interface.
The Partner Pack integrates into vCenter by using the open plug-in architecture and allows “one pane of glass” management for the virtualized environment, so administrators can continue to use familiar tools.
Unlike options from other server providers, the Lenovo Partner Pack integrates into vCenter and does not require the installation of extra consoles or software.
ThinkServer Partner Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) is part of the Microsoft Systems Center suite and provides the operational management functions, such as health monitoring, performance data collection, and administrator-initiated or automated actions.
Implemented as a Management Pack for SCOM, the Partner Pack is integrated into SCOM by using the native Management Pack interface, which allows IT administrators to manage ThinkServer systems by using familiar tools and “one pane of glass” management.
The Lenovo Partner Pack for SCOM automatically discovers and provides detailed system information about the Lenovo ThinkServer managed servers, including component inventory and component and sensor status. The Partner Pack also enables actions, such as restarting or powering off the ThinkServer, accessing the Remote Desktop Console via RDP, and accessing the TMM interface.
The Partner Pack uses “In-Band” management to manage ThinkServer systems that are running Microsoft Windows Operating Systems with the System Center Agent installed.
Unlike options from other server providers, the Lenovo Partner Pack integrates into SCOM and does not require the installation of extra consoles or software.
Operating system support
The server supports the following operating systems:
- Citrix XenServer 6.5
- Citrix XenServer 6.5.1
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32bit and 64bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (32bit and 64bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (x86 and x64)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (x86 and x64)
- Microsoft Windows SBS 2011 Essentials
- Microsoft Windows SBS 2011 Premium Add-on
- Microsoft Windows SBS 2011 Standard
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 with SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server, version 1709
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.10 x64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 32-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 x64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 32-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 x64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.7 32-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.7 x64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.8 32-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.8 x64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.9
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 x64 SP3
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 x64 SP4
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 x86 SP3
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 x86 SP4
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP4
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Xen SP2
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Xen SP3
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Xen SP4
- VMware ESXi 5.1
- VMware ESXi 5.5 U2
- VMware ESXi 5.5 U3
- VMware ESXi 6.0
- VMware ESXi 6.0 U1
- VMware ESXi 6.0 U2
- VMware ESXi 6.0 U3
- VMware ESXi 6.5
- VMware ESXi 6.5 U1
- VMware ESXi 6.5 U2
- VMware ESXi 6.5 U3
Note: The use of embeded RAID (RAID 110i) is not supported by virtualization hypervisors, including VMware ESXi, Linux KVM, Xen, and Microsoft Hyper-V. AHCI mode (non-RAID) of the controller does support hypervisors, however.
For a complete list of supported, certified and tested operating systems, plus additional details and links to relevant web sites, see the Operating System Interoperability Guide: https://lenovopress.com/osig#servers=td350-e5-v3
The TD350 supports the following security features.
Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
The TD350 provides an optional Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to securely store the passwords, certificates, and encryption keys that might be used to authenticate the platform. TPM is a hardware- based system security feature that supports Trusted Computing Group (TCG) 2.0 or 1.2 depending on the option selected. TPM supports Windows BitLocker Drive encryption, which is a Windows data protection feature. BitLocker uses the TPM to protect user data and to ensure that a Windows server was not tampered with.
The Trusted Platform Module ordering information is listed in the following table.
The table also lists the Trusted Cryptographic Module (TCM) which is the equivalent v1.2 component for use in China.
|Part number||Description||Maximum Supported|
|4XF0G88938||Lenovo ThinkServer Trusted Platform Module v2.0||1|
|4XF0G45868||ThinkServer Trusted Platform Module (v1.2) (not for use in China)||1|
|4XF0G45869||ThinkServer Gen 5 Trusted Cryptographic Module (China only)||1|
Chassis intrusion switch
The intrusion switch informs you that the server cover is not properly installed or closed by creating an event in the system event log (SEL). The following figure shows where the switch is installed.
Figure 8. Chassis intrusion switch
Some models include the chassis switch and cable. For custom configurations, the SBB part number can be selected.
|Part number||Description||Maximum Supported|
|SBB 0E76159||Chassis Intrusion Cable for TD350||1|
The TD350 can be configured as a 4U rack-mount server, either by selecting a preconfigured model with the rack kit included, or using the option 4XF0G45870. The server door is removed as part of the conversion. The rack kit is shown in the following figure.
Figure 9. Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 4-Post Static Rack Kit
The following table lists the available rack options.
|TD350 rack components|
|4XF0G45870||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 4-Post Static Rack Kit
|4XF0G45876||Lenovo ThinkServer Gen 5 Cable Management Bar|
The supported rail kit has the specifications listed in the following table.
|Option name||Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 4-Post Static Rack Kit|
|Option part number||4XF0G45870|
|Rail type||Static rail|
|Supported rack type||Four-post Lenovo standard rack, complying with the IEC standard|
|Service on rack||No|
|Cable management arm (CMA) or cable management bracket (CMB) support||CMB|
|1U PDU support||Yes|
|0U PDU support||Yes|
|Supported mounting holes (square)||Unthread square hole: 9.5 mm x 9.5 mm (0.37 inches x 0.37 inches)|
|Supported mounting holes (round)||Unthread round hole: 7.1 mm (0.28 inches) in diameter|
|Thickness of mounting flanges||2 mm to 3.18 mm (0.08 to 0.125 inches)|
|Distance between the front and rear mounting flanges||610 to 900 mm (24 to 35.43 inches)|
|Rail length (measured when mounted on the rack, starting from the front surface of the front mounting flange to the rear most point of the rail)||641 mm (25.23 inches)|
Physical, thermal and acoustic specifications
Tower form factor:
- Width: 173 mm (6.8 inches)
- Height: 459 mm (18.1 inches) with foot stands
- Depth: 685 mm (27.0 inches) including the front door
Rack form factor:
- Width: 482 mm (19.0 inches) with rack handles
- Height: 173 mm (6.8 inches)
- Depth: 664 mm (26.1 inches)
- Minimum configuration: 22 kg (48.5 lb)
- Maximum 41.5 kg (91.5 lb)
Thermal specifications are listed in the following table.
|ASHRAE class A2||ASHRAE class A3||ASHRAE class A4|
|Air temperature (operating)*||10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)||5°C to 40°C (41°F to 104°F)||5°C to 45°C (41°F to 113°F)|
|Air temperature (storage)||-40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F) in original shipping package|
|Humidity (operating)||8% to 80%||8% to 85%||8% to 90%|
|Humidity (storage)||8% to 90%||8% to 90%||8% to 90%|
|Altitude*||0 to 3,048 m (0 to 10,000 ft)|
* Maximum allowable ambient temperatures must be derated at altitudes above 950 m (3117 ft):
- ASHRAE A2: Max temperature decreases by 1°C with every 300 m (984 ft) of altitude increase
- ASHRAE A3: Max temperature decreases by 1°C with every 175 m (574 ft) of altitude increase
- ASHRAE A4: Max temperature decreases by 1°C with every 125 m (410 ft) of altitude increase
The TS350 complies with ASHRAE levels based on the components installed in the server:
- The TD350 complies with class A4 if the following requirements are met:
- Easy-swap-drive bays or eight 2.5-inch-drive bays
- Processors: Maximum 120W TCP and no L-type processors
- No internal tape drive
- Two power supplies required
- PCIe cards cannot exceed 15 W power consumption
- The TD350 complies with class A3 if the following requirements are met:
- 16 or fewer drives
- Neither the QLogic QLE2560 nor QLogic QLE2562 HBAs are installed
- The TD350 otherwise complies with class A2
The following table shows the acoustic performance (noise levels) of the server.
|Configuration||Idle||CPU 50% loaded||HDD 100% random load|
|Minimum configuration||3.5 bels||3.7 bels||4.7 bels|
|Typical configuration with 2.5-inch drives||3.5 bels||-||3.9 bels|
|Typical configuration with 3.5-inch drives||3.7 bels||-||4.9 bels|
|Maximum configuration||5.8 bels||6.1 bels||6.1 bels|
The values listed in the table are the upper limit sound power level calculated per section 4.4.1 of ISO9296 (1988) and measured in accordance to ISO7779 (2010). Columns in the table are as follows:
- Idle: system is running in its operating system but no other specific activity, reference ISO7779 (2010) definition 3.1.7
- CPU 50% loaded: The SPECJbb testing software is run on the server at 50% processor loading
- HDD 100% random load: IOmeter is run on the server at 100% random read to stress the disk drives
The server has a three-year or one-year warranty (model dependent) with 24x7 standard call center support and 9x5 next business day onsite coverage. Lenovo offers services warranty maintenance upgrades and post-warranty maintenance agreements with a well-defined scope of services, including service hours, response time, and length of service coverage.
The Lenovo QuickPick tool helps locate compatible accessories and services and warranty information. Services offered may vary by geographic location. Access the tool via the following URL:
The following table explains warranty service definitions in more detail.
|On-site service||A service technician will go to the client's location for equipment service.|
|24x7x4 hour||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location within four hours after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service around the clock, every day, including Lenovo holidays.|
|24x7x8 hour||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location within eight hours after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service around the clock, every day, including Lenovo holidays.|
|9x5x4 hour||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location within four business hours after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service 8:00 am - 5:00 pm in the client's local time zone, Monday-Friday, excluding Lenovo holidays. For example, if a customer reports an incident at 3:00 pm on Friday, the technician will arrive by 10:00 am the following Monday.|
|9x5 next business day||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location on the business day after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service 8:00 am - 5:00 pm in the client's local time zone, Monday - Friday, excluding Lenovo holidays. Calls received after 4:00 pm local time require an extra business day for service dispatch.|
The following Lenovo warranty service upgrades are available:
- Warranty and maintenance service upgrades:
- Three, four, or five years of 9x5 or 24x7 service coverage
- Onsite response time from next business day to 4 hour same-day
- Warranty extension of up to 5 years
- Post warranty extensions offered in 1-year increments
- Priority Technical Support
Lenovo’s Priority Support Offering enhances our award-winning call center support to provide top priority queue assignment to specialized Lenovo technicians. Priority support accelerates call center troubleshooting to get your problems resolved quickly, and includes other value-added support for Lenovo provided software tools. Priority support can be purchased stand alone to match the base warranty of your system or in convenient bundles with our same-day response services.
- Keep Your Drive Multi-Drive
Lenovo’s Keep Your Drive Multi-Drive service is a multi-drive hard drive retention offering that ensures your data is always under your control, regardless of the number of hard drives that are installed in your Lenovo server. In the unlikely event of a hard drive failure, you retain possession of your hard drive while Lenovo replaces the failed drive part. Your data stays safely on your premises, in your hands. Keep Your Drive Multi-Drive covers multiple drives and multiple failures with one service offering at one value price. This service can be purchased stand-alone to match the base warranty of your system or in convenient bundles with our same-day response services.
The TD350 conforms to the following standards:
- Energy Star V2.0
- FCC class A: USA FCC 47 CFR Part 15-Subpart B; ANSI C63.4
- ICES class A: Canada ICES-003 Issue 5
- Germany GS
- Russia EAC
- Argentina AR-S
- Mexico NOM
- EU CE: EN55022; EN55024; EN61000-3-2;EN61000-3-3;
- International: CISPR22; CISPR 24
- Brazil (voluntary)
- China CCC: GB 9254
- Green Guard
External drive enclosures
The server supports attachment to external drive enclosures using a RAID controller with external ports or a SAS host bus adapter. Adapters supported by the server are listed in the SAS adapters for external storage section.
The following table lists the 6 Gbps SAS external drive enclosures that are offered by Lenovo that can be used with the server for storage expansion.
|64111B1||Lenovo Storage E1012 LFF Disk Expansion Single SAS IO Module, Rail Kit, 9x5 NBD|
|64111B2||Lenovo Storage E1012 LFF Disk Expansion Dual SAS IO Module, Rail Kit, 9x5 NBD|
|64111B3||Lenovo Storage E1024 SFF Disk Expansion Single SAS IO Module, Rail Kit, 9x5 NBD|
|64111B4||Lenovo Storage E1024 SFF Disk Expansion Dual SAS IO Module, Rail Kit, 9x5 NBD|
For details about supported drives and cables for the Lenovo Storage E1012 and E1024, see the Lenovo Press Product Guide:
The following table lists the 12 Gbps SAS external drive enclosures offered by Lenovo that can be used with the server for storage expansion.
Note: Information provided in this section is for ordering reference purposes only. For the operating system and adapter support details, refer to the interoperability matrix for a particular storage enclosure that can be found on the Lenovo Data Center Support web site:
|Lenovo Storage D1212 LFF Disk Expansion with Dual SAS IO Modules||4587A11||4587A1J||4587A1C|
|Lenovo Storage D1224 SFF Disk Expansion with Dual SAS IO Modules||4587A31||4587A3J||4587A3C|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 4TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641311F|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 6TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641312F|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 8TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641313F|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 10TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641314F|
For details about supported drives, adapters, and cables, see the following Lenovo Press Product Guides:
External storage systems
Lenovo offers the ThinkSystem DE Series and ThinkSystem DM Series external storage systems for high-performance storage. See the DE Series and DM Series product guides for specific controller models, expansion enclosures and configuration options:
- ThinkSystem DE Series Storage
- ThinkSystem DM Series Storage
External backup units
The following table lists the external backup options that are offered by Lenovo.
|External RDX USB drives|
|4T27A10725||ThinkSystem RDX External USB 3.0 Dock|
|External SAS tape backup drives|
|6160S6E||IBM TS2260 Tape Drive Model H6S|
|6160S7E||IBM TS2270 Tape Drive Model H7S|
|6160S8E||IBM TS2280 Tape Drive Model H8S|
|External SAS tape backup autoloaders|
|6171S5R||IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader w/LTO5 HH SAS|
|6171S6R||IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader w/LTO6 HH SAS|
|6171S7R||IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader w/LTO7 HH SAS|
|External tape backup libraries|
|6741A1F||IBM TS4300 3U Tape Library-Base Unit|
|6741A3F||IBM TS4300 3U Tape Library-Expansion Unit|
|Full High 8 Gb Fibre Channel for TS4300|
|01KP954||LTO 8 FH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP938||LTO 7 FH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP935||LTO 6 FH Fibre Channel Drive|
|Half High 8 Gb Fibre Channel for TS4300|
|01KP952||LTO 8 HH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP936||LTO 7 HH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP933||LTO 6 HH Fibre Channel Drive|
|Half High 6 Gb SAS for TS4300|
|01KP953||LTO 8 HH SAS Drive|
|01KP937||LTO 7 HH SAS Drive|
|01KP934||LTO 6 HH SAS Drive|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Backup units category:
Top-of-rack Ethernet switches
The following table lists the Ethernet LAN switches that are offered by Lenovo.
|1 Gb Ethernet Rack switches|
|7Y810011WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE0152T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z320O11WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE0152TO RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|7159BAX||Lenovo RackSwitch G7028 (Rear to Front)|
|7159CAX||Lenovo RackSwitch G7052 (Rear to Front)|
|7159G52||Lenovo RackSwitch G8052 (Rear to Front)|
|7165H1X||Juniper EX2300-C PoE Switch|
|7165H2X||Juniper EX2300-24p PoE Switch|
|1 Gb Ethernet Campus switches|
|7Z340011WW||Lenovo CE0128TB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z360011WW||Lenovo CE0128TB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|7Z340012WW||Lenovo CE0128PB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z360012WW||Lenovo CE0128PB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|7Z350021WW||Lenovo CE0152TB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z370021WW||Lenovo CE0152TB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|7Z350022WW||Lenovo CE0152PB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z370022WW||Lenovo CE0152PB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|10 Gb Ethernet switches|
|7159A1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7159B1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z330O11WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1064TO RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|7159C1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1072T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7159CRW||Lenovo RackSwitch G8272 (Rear to Front)|
|7159GR6||Lenovo RackSwitch G8296 (Rear to Front)|
|7159BR6||Lenovo RackSwitch G8124E (Rear to Front)|
|25 Gb Ethernet switches|
|7159E1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2572 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z210O21WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2572O RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|7Z330O21WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2580O RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|100 Gb Ethernet switches|
|7159D1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE10032 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z210O11WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE10032O RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the following switch categories:
- 1 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/1gb?rt=product-guide
- 10 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/10gb?rt=product-guide
- 25 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/25gb?rt=product-guide
- 40 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/40gb?rt=product-guide
- 100 Gb Ethernet switches: https://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/100Gb?rt=product-guide
Fibre Channel SAN switches
Lenovo offers the ThinkSystem DB Series of Fibre Channel SAN switches and directors for high-performance storage expansion. See the DB Series product guides for models and configuration options:
- ThinkSystem DB Series SAN Switches and Directors:
Uninterruptible power supply units
The server supports attachments to the uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units that are listed in the following table.
|Tower UPS units|
|55951AX||T1kVA Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55951KX||T1kVA Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55952AX||T1.5kVA Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55952KX||T1.5kVA Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|Rack-mounted or tower UPS units|
|55941AX||RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55941KX||RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55942AX||RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55942KX||RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55943AX||RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55943KX||RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55945KX||RT5kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55946KX||RT6kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55948KX||RT8kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55949KX||RT11kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55948PX||RT8kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)|
|55949PX||RT11kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)|
|Rack-mounted UPS units|
|55943KT†||ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Standard UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)|
|55943LT†||ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Long Backup UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)|
|55946KT†||ThinkSystem RT6kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)|
|5594XKT†||ThinkSystem RT10kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)|
† Only available in China and countries in the Asia Pacific region.
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the UPS category:
Power distribution units
The following table lists the power distribution units (PDUs) that are offered by Lenovo.
|0U Basic PDUs|
|00YJ776||0U 36 C13/6 C19 24A/200-240V 1 Phase PDU with NEMA L6-30P line cord|
|00YJ777||0U 36 C13/6 C19 32A/200-240V 1 Phase PDU with IEC60309 332P6 line cord|
|00YJ778||0U 21 C13/12 C19 32A/200-240V/346-415V 3 Phase PDU with IEC60309 532P6 line cord|
|00YJ779||0U 21 C13/12 C19 48A/200-240V 3 Phase PDU with IEC60309 460P9 line cord|
|Switched and Monitored PDUs|
|00YJ780||0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 32A/200-240V/1Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 332P6 line cord|
|00YJ781||0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 24A/200-240V/1Ph PDU w/ NEMA L6-30P line cord|
|00YJ782||0U 18 C13/6 C19 Switched / Monitored 32A/200-240V/346-415V/3Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 532P6 cord|
|00YJ783||0U 12 C13/12 C19 Switched and Monitored 48A/200-240V/3Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 460P9 line cord|
|46M4002||1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU (without line cord)|
|46M4003||1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord|
|46M4004||1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU (without line cord)|
|46M4005||1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord|
|Ultra Density Enterprise PDUs (9x IEC 320 C13 + 3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|71762NX||Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU Module (without line cord)|
|71763NU||Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU 60A/208V/3ph with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord|
|C13 Enterprise PDUs (12x IEC 320 C13 outlets)|
|39M2816||DPI C13 Enterprise PDU+ (without line cord)|
|39Y8941||DPI Single Phase C13 Enterprise PDU (without line cord)|
|C19 Enterprise PDUs (6x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|39Y8948||DPI Single Phase C19 Enterprise PDU (without line cord)|
|39Y8923||DPI 60A 3 Phase C19 Enterprise PDU with IEC 309 3P+G (208 V) fixed line cord|
|Front-end PDUs (3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|39Y8938||DPI 30amp/125V Front-end PDU with NEMA L5-30P line cord|
|39Y8939||DPI 30amp/250V Front-end PDU with NEMA L6-30P line cord|
|39Y8934||DPI 32amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord|
|39Y8940||DPI 60amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord|
|39Y8935||DPI 63amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord|
|NEMA PDUs (6x NEMA 5-15R outlets)|
|39Y8905||DPI 100-127V PDU with Fixed NEMA L5-15P line cord|
|Line cords for PDUs that ship without a line cord|
|40K9611||DPI 32a Line Cord (IEC 309 3P+N+G)|
|40K9612||DPI 32a Line Cord (IEC 309 P+N+G)|
|40K9613||DPI 63a Cord (IEC 309 P+N+G)|
|40K9614||DPI 30a Line Cord (NEMA L6-30P)|
|40K9615||DPI 60a Cord (IEC 309 2P+G)|
|40K9617||DPI Australian/NZ 3112 Line Cord|
|40K9618||DPI Korean 8305 Line Cord|
For more information, see the Lenovo Press documents in the PDU category:
The following table lists the rack cabinets that are offered by Lenovo that can be used with the TD350.
|11U Rack Office Enablement Kit||201886X|
|25U S2 Standard Rack||93072RX|
|25U Static S2 Standard Rack||93072PX|
|42U S2 Standard Rack||93074RX|
|42U 1100mm Enterprise V2 Dynamic Rack||93634PX|
|42U 1100mm Enterprise V2 Dynamic Expansion Rack||93634EX|
|42U 1200mm Deep Dynamic Rack||93604PX|
|42U 1200mm Deep Static Rack||93614PX|
|42U Enterprise Rack||93084PX|
|42U Enterprise Expansion Rack||93084EX|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Rack Cabinets category:
KVM console options
The following table lists the supported KVM consoles, keyboards, and KVM switches.
|17238BX||1U 18.5" Standard Console (without keyboard)|
|00MW310||Lenovo UltraNav Keyboard USB - US Eng|
|46W6713||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Arabic 253 RoHS v2|
|46W6714||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Belg/UK 120 RoHS v2|
|46W6715||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Chinese/US 467 RoHS v2|
|46W6716||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Czech 489 RoHS v2|
|46W6717||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Danish 159 RoHS v2|
|46W6718||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Dutch 143 RoHS v2|
|46W6719||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - French 189 RoHS v2|
|46W6720||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Fr/Canada 445 RoHS v2|
|46W6721||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - German 129 RoHS v2|
|46W6722||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Greek 219 RoHS v2|
|46W6723||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Hebrew 212 RoHS v2|
|46W6724||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Hungarian 208 RoHS v2|
|46W6725||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Italian 141 RoHS v2|
|46W6726||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Japanese 194 RoHS v2|
|46W6727||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Korean 413 RoHS v2|
|46W6728||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - LA Span 171 RoHS v2|
|46W6729||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Norwegian 155 RoHS v2|
|46W6730||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Polish 214 RoHS v2|
|46W6731||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Portuguese 163 RoHS v2|
|46W6732||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Russian 441 RoHS v2|
|46W6733||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Slovak 245 RoHS v2|
|46W6734||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Spanish 172 RoHS v2|
|46W6735||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Swed/Finn 153 RoHS v2|
|46W6736||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Swiss F/G 150 RoHS v2|
|46W6737||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Thai 191 RoHS v2|
|46W6738||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Turkish 179 RoHS v2|
|46W6739||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - UK Eng 166 RoHS v2|
|46W6740||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - US Euro 103P RoHS v2|
|46W6741||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Slovenian 234 RoHS v2|
|1754D2X||Global 4x2x32 Console Manager (GCM32)|
|1754D1X||Global 2x2x16 Console Manager (GCM16)|
|1754A2X||Local 2x16 Console Manager (LCM16)|
|1754A1X||Local 1x8 Console Manager (LCM8)|
|Console switch cables|
|43V6147||Single Cable USB Conversion Option (UCO)|
|39M2895||USB Conversion Option (4 Pack UCO)|
|46M5383||Virtual Media Conversion Option Gen2 (VCO2)|
|46M5382||Serial Conversion Option (SCO)|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the KVM Switches and Consoles category:
Lenovo Financial Services
Lenovo Financial Services reinforces Lenovo’s commitment to deliver pioneering products and services that are recognized for their quality, excellence, and trustworthiness. Lenovo Financial Services offers financing solutions and services that complement your technology solution anywhere in the world.
We are dedicated to delivering a positive finance experience for customers like you who want to maximize your purchase power by obtaining the technology you need today, protect against technology obsolescence, and preserve your capital for other uses.
We work with businesses, non-profit organizations, governments and educational institutions to finance their entire technology solution. We focus on making it easy to do business with us. Our highly experienced team of finance professionals operates in a work culture that emphasizes the importance of providing outstanding customer service. Our systems, processes and flexible policies support our goal of providing customers with a positive experience.
We finance your entire solution. Unlike others, we allow you to bundle everything you need from hardware and software to service contracts, installation costs, training fees, and sales tax. If you decide weeks or months later to add to your solution, we can consolidate everything into a single invoice.
Our Premier Client services provide large accounts with special handling services to ensure these complex transactions are serviced properly. As a premier client, you have a dedicated finance specialist who manages your account through its life, from first invoice through asset return or purchase. This specialist develops an in-depth understanding of your invoice and payment requirements. For you, this dedication provides a high-quality, easy, and positive financing experience.
For your region-specific offers, please ask your Lenovo sales representative or your technology provider about the use of Lenovo Financial Services. For more information, see the following Lenovo website:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Intel® and Xeon® are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.
Linux® is the trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
BitLocker®, Hyper-V®, Microsoft®, PowerShell, Windows Server®, and Windows® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.