System x3750 M4 (8722)Product Guide (withdrawn product)
The System x3750 M4, machine type 8722, is a 4-socket server featuring a streamlined design, optimized for price and performance, with best-in-class flexibility and expandability. Models of the x3750 M4 are powered with Intel Xeon E5-4600 processors, up to 8 cores each, for an entry-level 4-socket solution. The x3750 M4 provides maximum storage density, with flexible PCI and 10 Gb Ethernet networking options in a 2U form factor.
This product guide provides essential pre-sales information to understand the x3750 M4 server, its key features and specifications, components and options, and configuration guidelines. This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, IT architects, and other IT professionals who want to learn more about the x3750 M4 and consider its use in IT solutions.
Withdrawn from marketing: The models covered in this product guide are now withdrawn from marketing. The replacement system is the Lenovo System x3750 M4 (8753) which is described in https://lenovopress.com/tips1252.
Note: There are three Product Guides for the x3750 M4, as follows:
Changes in the August 26 update:
The System x3750 M4 is a 4-socket server featuring a streamlined design, optimized for price and performance, with best-in-class flexibility and expandability. Models of the x3750 M4, machine type 8722, are powered with Intel Xeon E5-4600 processors, up to 8 cores each, for an entry-level 4-socket solution. The x3750 M4 provides maximum storage density, with flexible PCI and 10 Gb Ethernet networking options in a 2U form factor.
Suggested uses: High performance computing (HPC), workloads with floating-point computations, and small to medium databases requiring fast I/O; applications that require 4-socket performance without needing the scalability that the eX5 systems provide.
Figure 1. The System x3750 M4
Did you know?
The x3750 M4 has outstanding memory performance that is achieved by supporting three-RDIMM-per-channel configurations at speeds up to 25% faster than the Intel specification, while still maintaining world-class reliability. LR-DIMM speeds are also 25% beyond the Intel specification for 1.35 V DIMMs, and this speed improve not only performance, but reduces overall system power at the same time.
The x3750 M4 offers a flexible, scalable design and simple upgrade path to 16 hard-disk drives (HDDs) or 32 eXFlash solid-state drives (SSDs), with up to eight PCIe Gen 3 slots and up to 1.5 TB of memory. The flexible embedded Ethernet solution provides two standard Gigabit Ethernet ports onboard, along with a dedicated 10 GbE slot that allows for a choice of either two copper or two fiber optic connections. Comprehensive systems management tools with the next-generation Integrated Management Module II (IMM2) make it easy to deploy, integrate, service, and manage.
The System x3750 M4 blends outstanding flexibility and expandability. The x3750 M4 2+2 socket design enables pay-as-you-grow processing with the new Intel Xeon E5-4600 series processors and memory scalability to help lower cost and manage growth. The 5+3 PCIe socket design allows you to pay for PCIe capabilities as needed.
With the capability to support up to 48 DIMMs, four sockets, mix and match internal storage with up to 16 HDDs or 32 eXFlash SSD drives, 6 hot-swap dual rotor fans, two power supplies, and integrated 10 GbE networking with options for fiber or copper, the x3750 M4 provides unmatched features and capabilities in a dense 2U design.
Scalability and performance
The x3750 M4 offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- The Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 product family improves productivity by offering superior system performance with 8-core processors and up to 2.9 GHz core speeds, up to 20 MB of L3 cache, and up to two 8 GTps QPI interconnect links.
- The x3750 M4 2+2 processor socket design enables pay-as-you-grow processing with the Intel Xeon E5-4600 series processors and memory scalability to help lower cost and manage growth.
- Up to four processors, 32 cores, and 64 threads maximize the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 allows processor cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor TDP.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better use the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) improve floating-point performance for compute-intensive technical and scientific applications compared to Intel Xeon 5600 series processors.
- The outstanding RDIMM memory performance of the x3750 M4 is achieved by supporting three DIMMs per channel configurations at speeds up to 25% faster than the Intel specification.
- 48 Load Reduced DIMMs (LRDIMMs) of 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC memory provide speed, high availability, and a memory capacity of up to 1.5 TB.
- LR-DIMM speeds implemented in the x3750 M4 are also 25% beyond the Intel specification at 1.35 V for one, two, and three DIMM per channel configurations. This configuration improves performance and reduces overall system power at the same time, all while maintaining reliability
- The use of eXFlash solid-state drives (SSDs) instead of, or along with, traditional spinning drives (HDDs), can improve I/O performance. An SSD can support up to 100 times more I/O operations per second (IOPS) than a typical HDD.
- Up to 16 HDDs or 32 eXFlash SSDs, together with an optical drive at the same time, provide a flexible and scalable all-in-one platform to meet your increasing demands.
- The server offers a SAS switch backplane option (88Y7421) to allow up to 16 SFF devices to attach to a single controller.
- The server has two integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports and two optional 10 Gb Ethernet ports that do not consume PCIe slots.
- The 5+3 PCI Express socket design of the server allows you to pay for PCIe capabilities as needed.
- The server offers PCI Express 3.0 I/O expansion capabilities that improve the theoretical maximum bandwidth by almost 100% (8 GTps per link using 128b/130b encoding) compared to the previous generation of PCI Express 2.0 (5 GTps per link using 8b/10b encoding).
- With Intel Integrated I/O Technology, the PCI Express 3.0 controller is integrated into the Intel Xeon processor E5 family. This integration reduces I/O latency and increases overall system performance.
Availability and serviceability
The x3750 M4 provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- The server offers Chipkill, memory mirroring and memory rank sparing for redundancy in the event of a memory failure.
- The server provides restart recovery for any failed processor. In the event of a failure of processor 1, the server connects the southbridge to processor 2 for reboot.
- Tool-less cover removal provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts, such as the processor, memory, and adapter cards.
- The server offers hot-swap drives, supporting RAID redundancy for data protection and greater system uptime.
- The server has up to two redundant hot-swap power supplies and six hot-swap dual-rotor N+N redundant fans to provide availability for business-critical applications.
- The power source independent light path diagnostics panel and individual light path LEDs lead the technician to failed (or failing) components, which simplifies servicing, speeds up problem resolution, and helps improve system availability.
- The x3750 M4 provides error checking and/or Predictive Failure Analysis (PFA) on the following components. Alerts are generated in advance of a possible failure, therefore increasing uptime.
- Memory ECC correction (Chipkill technology)
- Microprocessor built-in self test (BIST) and internal error checking
- PCIe Bus parity checking
- SAS Bus Parity
- HDD and SSD drive CRC checking
- Diskette CRC checking
- USB CRC checking
- Over temperature detection
- Over/under voltage detection
- Power supply error checking
- Fan failure detection
- Serial interface parity, overrun, and frame checking
- Solid-state drives (SSDs) offer more reliability than traditional mechanical HDDs for greater uptime.
- The built-in Integrated Management Module Version II (IMM2) continuously monitors system parameters, triggers alerts, and performs recovery actions in case of failures to minimize downtime.
- Built-in diagnostics, using Dynamic Systems Analysis (DSA) Preboot, speed up troubleshooting tasks to reduce service time.
- Three-year customer-replaceable unit and on-site limited warranty, 9 x 5 next business day. Optional service upgrades are available.
Manageability and security
Powerful systems management features simplify local and remote management of the x3750 M4:
- The server includes an Integrated Management Module II (IMM2) to monitor server availability and perform remote management. Remote presence support is standard.
- The integrated industry-standard Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) enables improved setup, configuration, and updates, and simplifies error handling.
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 support enables advanced cryptographic functionality, such as digital signatures and remote attestation.
- Industry-standard Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) NI support for faster, stronger encryption.
- IBM Systems Director is included for proactive systems management. It offers comprehensive systems management tools that increases uptime, reduces costs, and improves productivity through advanced server management capabilities.
- Intel Execute Disable Bit functionality can prevent certain classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks when combined with a supported operating system.
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology provides enhanced security through hardware-based resistance to malicious software attacks, allowing an application to run in its own isolated space, protected from all other software running on a system.
The x3750 M4 offers the following energy-efficiency features to save energy, reduce operational costs, increase energy availability, and contribute to a green environment:
- Energy-efficient planar components help lower operational costs.
- Highly efficient 750 W DC, 900 W AC, and 1400 W AC power supplies. 80 PLUS Platinum certification at high voltage AC.
- The Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 product family offers better performance over the previous generation while fitting into the same thermal design power (TDP) limits.
- Intel Intelligent Power Capability powers individual processor elements on and off as needed, to reduce power draw.
- Low-voltage Intel Xeon processors draw less energy to satisfy the demands of power and thermally constrained data centers and telecommunication environments.
- Low-voltage 1.35 V DDR3 memory RDIMMs consume 19% less energy compared to 1.5 V DDR3 RDIMMs.
- Solid-state drives (SSDs) consume as much as 80% less power than traditional spinning 2.5-inch HDDs.
- The server uses hexagonal ventilation holes, which is a part of Calibrated Vectored Cooling™ technology. Hexagonal holes can be grouped more densely than round holes, providing more efficient airflow through the system.
- IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager™ provides advanced data center power notification and management to help achieve lower heat output and reduced cooling needs.
Locations of key components and connectors
The following figure shows the front of the server.
Figure 2. Front view of the System x3750 M4
The following figure shows the rear of the server.
Figure 3. Rear view of the System x3750 M4
The following figure shows the locations of key components inside the server.
Figure 4. Inside view of the System x3750 M4
The following table lists the standard specifications.
|Form factor||2U rack.|
|Processor||Up to four Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 product family processors, each with eight cores (up to 2.7 GHz), six cores (up to 2.9 GHz), or four cores (up to 2.0 GHz). Two processor sockets on the system board and two processors on the processor and memory expansion tray (standard on most models). Two QPI links up to 8.0 GTps each. Up to 1600 MHz memory speed. Up to 20 MB L3 cache per processor.|
|Chipset||Intel C600 series.|
|Memory||Up to 48 DIMM sockets (12 DIMMs per processor). RDIMMs and LRDIMMs (Load Reduced DIMMs) are supported, but memory types cannot be intermixed. The memory speed is up to 1600 MHz. There are 24 DIMM sockets on the system board. There are an additional 24 DIMM sockets on the processor and memory expansion tray (standard on most models).|
|Memory maximums||With RDIMMs: Up to 768 GB with 48x 16 GB RDIMMs and four processors,
With LRDIMMs: Up to 1.5 TB with 48x 32 GB LRDIMMs and four processors.
|Memory protection||ECC, Chipkill (for x4-based memory DIMMs), memory mirroring, and memory sparing.|
|Disk drive bays||Up to 16 2.5-inch hot-swap SAS/SATA bays or up to 32 1.8-inch hot-swap solid-state drive (SSD) eXFlash bays. Drive bays can be in any combination of four 2.5-inch drives or eight 1.8-inch eXFlash SSD drives.|
|Maximum internal storage||Up to 25.6 TB with 1.6 TB 2.5” SSDs, up to 19.2 TB with 1.2 TB 2.5" SAS HDDs, up to 16 TB with 1 TB 2.5" NL SAS/SATA HDDs. Intermix of SAS/SATA supported.|
|RAID support||RAID 0, 1, 10 with integrated ServeRAID M5110e with LSI SAS2208 6 Gbps RAID on Chip (ROC) controller. Optional upgrades to RAID 5 and 50 are available (zero-cache is 512 MB and battery-backed cache is 512 MB or 1 GB flash-backed cache). There is an optional upgrade to RAID 6 and 60 for a 512 MB or 1 GB cache.|
|Optical drive bays||There is one bay for an optional Multiburner drive.|
|Tape drive bays||None internal. Use a supported external tape drive.|
|Network interfaces||Emulex BE3 controller with two standard integrated Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-T ports (RJ-45) and two optional 10 Gb ports through an adapter in a dedicated slot. The 10 GbE options are 10Base-T dual port (copper) or SFP+ dual port (fiber).|
|PCI Expansion slots||Up to eight slots, five on the system board, three on an optional riser card. The slots are as follows:
|Ports||Front: Two USB 2.0 and one DB-15 video on front. Rear: Two USB 2.0, one DB-15 video, one DB-9 serial, one RJ-45 systems management ports, two RJ-45 1 GbE network ports, two optional RJ-45 or SFP+ 10 GbE network ports. Internal: Two internal USB ports (for the embedded hypervisor).|
|Cooling||Calibrated Vectored Cooling with up to six N+N redundant hot swap fans (all six standard); each fan has two rotors.|
|Power supply||Up to two hot-swap redundant 1400 W AC power supplies (80 PLUS Platinum certification). 900 W AC and 750W DC power supplies also available through CTO or Special Bid. A second power supply requires that the processor expansion tray (88Y7365) or the power interposer card (88Y7367) be installed.|
|Video||Matrox G200eR2 with 16 MB memory integrated into the IMM2. Maximum resolution is 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with 16 M colors.|
|Hot-swap parts||Hard drives, power supplies, and fans.|
|Systems management||UEFI, Integrated Management Module II (IMM2), Predictive Failure Analysis, Light Path Diagnostics, Automatic Server Restart, IBM Systems Director and Active Energy Manager, and the ServerGuide. Advanced Upgrade software feature for remote presence are standard with the x3750 M4.|
|Security features||Power-on password, administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module (TPM).|
|Operating systems supported||Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2008, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and 11, VMware ESX 4.1 and VMware ESXi 4.1 embedded hypervisor, and VMware vSphere 5.|
|Limited warranty||Three-year customer-replaceable unit and on-site limited warranty with 9x5 next business day (NBD).|
|Service and support||Optional service upgrades are available through warranty offerings: Four-hour or two-hour response time, eight-hour fix time, one-year or two-year warranty extension, remote technical support for hardware and some Lenovo and third-party applications.|
|Dimensions||Height: 86 mm (3.4 in.), width: 445 mm (17.5 in.), depth: 746 mm (29.4 in.)|
|Weight||Minimum configuration: 25 kg (55 lb.), maximum: 30 kg (65 lb.)|
The x3750 M4 servers are shipped with the following items:
- Statement of Limited Warranty
- Important Notices
- Rack Installation Instructions
- Documentation CD that contains the Installation and User's Guide
- System x® Gen-III Slides Kit
- System x Gen-III Cable Management Arm (CMA)
- 2.8 m (9.2 ft.) C13-C14 power cord (one for models with one power supply, and two for models with two power supplies)
The following table lists the standard models.
Table 2. Standard models
|Model||Intel Xeon processor†
|Models announced May 2012|
|8722-A1x||2x E5-4617 6C 2.9 GHz
15 MB 1600 MHz 130W
|2x 8 GB
|Open||5 / 8||2||1x 1400W|
|8722-A2x||1x E5-4603 4C 2.0 GHz
10 MB 1066 MHz 95W*
|1x 8 GB
|M5110e||Open||Open||5 / 8||2||1x 1400W|
|8722-A3x||2x E5-4607 6C 2.2 GHz
12 MB 1066 MHz 95W
|2x 8 GB
|Open||5 / 8||2||1x 1400W|
|8722-B1x||2x E5-4610 6C 2.4 GHz
15 MB 1333 MHz 95W
|2x 8 GB
|Open||5 / 8||2||1x 1400W|
|8722-B2x||2x E5-4620 8C 2.2 GHz
16 MB 1333 MHz 95W
|2x 8 GB
|Open||8 / 8||2||1x 1400W|
|8722-C1x||2x E5-4640 8C 2.4 GHz
20 MB 1600 MHz 95W
|2x 8 GB
|Open||8 / 8||2||1x 1400W|
|8722-C2x||2x E5-4650 8C 2.7 GHz
20 MB 1600 MHz 130W
|2x 8 GB
|Open||5 / 8||2||1x 1400W|
|8722-D1x||4x E5-4610 6C 2.4 GHz
15 MB 1333 MHz 95W
|24x 8 GB
|M5110e + 1xM5110
|8 / 8||2||2x 1400W|
|8722-D2x||4x E5-4650 8C 2.7 GHz
20 MB 1600 MHz 130W
|M5110e + 3xM5110
|8 / 8||2||2x 1400W|
† Processor detail: Processor quantity and model, cores, core speed, L3 cache, memory speed, and power consumption.
* All models except for 8722-A2x include the processor and memory expansion tray containing sockets for processors 3 and 4 and 24 DIMMs. For model A2x, order part number 88Y7365.
‡ Models C1x and C2x include the 1 GB Flash/RAID 5 Upgrade (part number 81Y4559) which is a 1 GB flash-backed cache with support for RAID 5.
§ Model D1x has two RAID controllers, D2x has four RAID controllers total. D1x and D2x include the 512 MB Cache/RAID 5 Upgrade (81Y4484), plus the Battery Kit (81Y4508), plus the SSD Performance Key (90Y4273) for each controller.
Refer to the Standards specifications section for information about the standard features of the server.
The x3750 M4 supports the processor options listed in the following table. The server supports up to four processors. Two processors are installed in sockets on the system board. Processors 3 and 4 are installed on the processor and memory expansion tray. Most models (with the exception of A2x, as listed in Table 2) have the expansion tray installed as standard. For model A2x, order part number 88Y7365 for the processor and memory expansion tray.
The following processor quantities are supported:
- One processor, installed in socket 1
- Two processors, installed in sockets 1 and 2
- Four processors, installed in all four sockets
The following table also shows which server models have each processor standard. If there is no corresponding where-used model for a particular processor, this processor is only available through CTO.
Table 3. Processor options
|Part number||Description||Standard models
|88Y7365||System x3750 M4 processor and memory expansion tray||All except A2x|
|88Y7446||Intel Xeon E5-4603 4C 2.0 GHz 10 MB 1066 MHz 95 W||A2x|
|88Y7342||Intel Xeon E5-4607 6C 2.2 GHz 12 MB 1066 MHz 95 W||A3x|
|88Y7336||Intel Xeon E5-4610 6C 2.4 GHz 15 MB 1333 MHz 95 W||B1x and D1x|
|88Y7354||Intel Xeon E5-4617 6C 2.9 GHz 15 MB 1600 MHz 130 W||A1x|
|88Y7330||Intel Xeon E5-4620 8C 2.2 GHz 16 MB 1333 MHz 95 W||B2x|
|88Y7348||Intel Xeon E5-4640 8C 2.4 GHz 20 MB 1600 MHz 95 W||C1x|
|88Y7324||Intel Xeon E5-4650 8C 2.7 GHz 20 MB 1600 MHz 130 W||C2x and D2x|
|88Y7458||Intel Xeon E5-4650L 8C 2.6 GHz 20 MB 1600 MHz 115 W||-|
Lenovo DDR3 memory is compatibility tested and tuned for optimal System x performance and throughput. Lenovo memory specifications are integrated into the light path diagnostics for immediate system performance feedback and optimum system uptime. From a service and support standpoint, Lenovo memory automatically assumes the system warranty.
The System x3750 M4 supports DDR3 memory. The server supports up to 48 DIMMs when four processors are installed, with 12 DIMMs for each processor. 24 DIMM sockets (for processors 1 and 2) are located on the system board. The remaining DIMM sockets (for processors 3 and 4) are located on the processor and memory expansion tray. Each processor has four memory channels, and there are three DIMMs per channel.
The x3750 M4 memory system has been carefully tuned so that the server supports higher memory frequencies than the Intel processor specification. You can, for example, use low-voltage DIMMs but still operate them at the rated speed.
The following table lists the memory options that are available for the x3750 M4 server.
|Part number||Feature code||Description||Maximum
|49Y1406||8941||4 GB (1x 4 GB, 1Rx4, 1.35 V) PC3L-10600 CL9 ECC DDR3 1333 MHz LP RDIMM||48 (12 per CPU)||-|
|49Y1559||A28Z||4 GB (1x 4 GB, 1Rx4, 1.5 V) PC3-12800 CL11 ECC DDR3 1600 MHz LP RDIMM||48 (12 per CPU)||-|
|49Y1397||8923||8 GB (1x 8 GB, 2Rx4, 1.35 V) PC3L-10600 CL9 ECC DDR3 1333 MHz LP RDIMM||48 (12 per CPU)||All other models|
|90Y3109||A292||8 GB (1x 8 GB, 2Rx4, 1.5 V) PC3-12800 CL11 ECC DDR3 1600 MHz LP RDIMM||48 (12 per CPU)||A1x|
|49Y1563||A1QT||16 GB (1x 16 GB, 2Rx4, 1.35 V) PC3L-10600 CL9 ECC DDR3 1333 MHz LP RDIMM||48 (12 per CPU)||-|
|00D4968||A2U5||16 GB (1x 16 GB, 2Rx4, 1.5 V) PC3-12800 CL11 ECC DDR3 1600 MHz LP RDIMM||48 (12 per CPU)||-|
|49Y1567||A290||16 GB (1x 16 GB, 4Rx4, 1.35 V) PC3L-10600 CL9 ECC DDR3 1333 MHz LP LRDIMM||48 (12 per CPU)||D2x|
|90Y3105||A291||32 GB (1x 32 GB, 4Rx4, 1.35 V) PC3L-10600 CL9 ECC DDR3 1333 MHz LP LRDIMM||48 (12 per CPU)||-|
The following rules apply when selecting the memory configuration:
- The server supports RDIMMs and LRDIMMs. UDIMMs are not supported.
- Mixing different types of memory (RDIMMs and LRDIMMs) is not supported.
- Mixing 1.5 V and 1.35 V DIMMs in the same server is supported; in such a case, all DIMMs operate at 1.5 V.
- The maximum number of ranks per one channel is eight (with the exception of Load Reduced DIMMs, where more than eight ranks are supported, because one quad-rank LRDIMM provides the same electrical load on a memory bus as a single-rank RDIMM).
- The maximum quantity of DIMMs that can be installed in the server depends on the number of processors installed. The table shows the maximum when all four processors are installed. When two processors are installed, the maximum quantity supported is a half of the quantity that is shown.
- All DIMMs in the server operate at the same speed, which is determined as the lowest value of:
- Memory speed that is supported by the specific processor.
- Lowest of maximum operating speeds for selected memory configuration that depends on rated speed, operating voltage, and quantity of DIMMs per channel, as shown under "Max. operating speed" section in the table.
- The memory speeds highlighted in bold text indicate that the System x3750 M4 supports higher memory frequencies than the Intel processor specification. In some instances, this configuration also results larger memory capacity that the specification recommends.
- Tables cells highlighted with a grey background indicate when the specific combination of DIMM voltage and number of DIMMs per channel still allows the DIMMs to operate at rated speed
|Ranks||Single-rank DIMMs||Dual-rank DIMMs||Quad-rank LRDIMMs|
|Part numbers||49Y1406 (4 GB)||49Y1559
|49Y1397 (8 GB)
49Y1563 (16 GB)
|90Y3109 (8 GB)
00D4968 (16 GB)
|49Y1567 (16 GB)
90Y3105 (32 GB)
|Rated speed||1333 MHz||1600 MHz||1333 MHz||1600 MHz||1333 MHz|
|Rated voltage||1.35 V||1.5 V||1.35 V||1.5 V||1.35 V|
|Operating voltage||1.35 V||1.5 V||1.5 V||1.35 V||1.5 V||1.5 V||1.35 V||1.5 V|
|Max. qty supported*||
|Max. DIMM capacity||4 GB||4 GB||4 GB||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||32 GB||32 GB|
|Max. mem. capacity||
|192 GB||192 GB||
|768 GB||768 GB||1.5 TB||1.5 TB|
|Max memory at
|128 GB||128 GB||128 GB||512 GB||
|Max operating speed (MHz)|
|1 DIMM per channel||1333 MHz||1333 MHz||1600 MHz||1333 MHz||1333 MHz||1600 MHz||
|2 DIMMs per channel||1333 MHz||1333 MHz||1600 MHz||1333 MHz||1333 MHz||1600 MHz||
|3 DIMMs per channel||
|1066 MHz||1066 MHz||
* Maximum quantity supported is shown for four processors installed. When two processors are installed, the maximum quantity supported is a half of the quantity that is shown. When one processor is installed, the quantity is one quarter of that shown.
The following memory protection technologies are supported:
- Chipkill (for x4-based memory DIMMs -- look for "x4" in the DIMM description)
- Memory mirroring
- Memory rank sparing
If memory mirroring is used, then DIMMs must be installed in pairs (minimum of one pair per CPU), and both DIMMs in a pair must be identical in type and size.
If memory rank sparing is used, then a minimum of one quad-rank DIMM or two single-rank or dual-rank DIMMs must be installed per populated channel (the DIMMs do not need being identical). In rank sparing mode, one rank of a DIMM in each populated channel is reserved as spare memory. The size of a rank varies depending on the DIMMs installed.
The server can support up to 16x 2.5-inch drives, up to 32x 1.8-inch drives, or a combination of both 2.5-inch and 1.8-inch hot-swap drives, using the supported SAS/SATA backplane configurations. The server supports 2.5-inch hot-swap SAS or hot-swap SATA hard disk drives, 2.5-inch hot-swap SATA solid-state drives, or 1.8-inch hot-swap SATA solid-state drives. You can mix drives in the same server as long as you do not mix drives on the same array.
System x3750 M4 server supports a variety of internal storage configurations based on four different backplanes:
- 4-drive backplane for 2.5-inch drives: Up to four backplanes can be installed, each requiring one SAS connection to a supported controller. One RAID controller can connect to two of these backplanes.
- 8-drive backplane for 2.5-inch drives: Up to two backplanes can be installed, each requiring two SAS connections. One RAID controller per backplane.
- 8-drive backplane with a SAS expander for 2.5-inch drives: Use in conjunction with the other 2.5-inch drive backplanes (8-drive or one 4-drive or two 4-drive backplanes) which will result in being able to connect up to 16 2.5-inch drive bays to the one RAID controller.
- 8-drive backplane for 1.8-inch solid-state drives (eXFlash Pack): Up to four backplanes can be installed, each requiring two SAS connections. One RAID controller per backplane. Cannot be connected to the 8-drive backplane with a SAS expander.
When building drive backplane configurations, all 1.8-inch SSD drive backplanes must be installed to the right of all 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD drive backplanes (when looking at the front of the server). Every four drives uses a SAS signal cable except when the 8-drive backplane with SAS expander is used. When the 8-drive backplane with SAS expander is used, the other backplanes connect to the SAS expander backplane with the supplied cables and then the SAS expander backplane is connected to the single RAID controller with two cables. All backplane options include the necessary cables.
See the System x3750 M4 Installation and Service Guide for a description of all supported backplane combinations.
Standard models (all models except A2x) ship with at least one backplane; see Table 2 for details. The following table shows the backplane options that are available for a x3750 M4 server.
Table 6. Internal storage expansion options
|88Y7418||A2A3||4x 2.5" HS SAS/SATA/SSD HDD Backplane||4*|
|88Y7419||A2A4||8x 2.5" HS SAS/SATA/SSD HDD Backplane||2|
|88Y7421||A2A2||8x 2.5" HS SAS/SATA/SSD HDD Backplane
with controller expansion (SAS expander)
|88Y7422||A2XR||eXFlash 8x 1.8" HS SAS SSD Backplane||4|
* When a server is ordered via CTO, only one 4-drive backplane can be selected. If the order has more than 4 drive bays, 8-drive backplanes will be selected instead.
** Only one backplane with SAS expander (88Y7421) can be installed in a server and can be used connected to a single 8-drive backplane (88Y7419), a single 4-drive backplane (88Y7418), or two 4-drive backplanes (88Y7418). The SAS expander backplane cannot be used with the eXFlash backplane.
Controllers for internal storage
The following table lists the RAID controllers and SAS HBAs used for the internal disk storage of the x3750 M4 server.
Table 7. RAID controllers for internal storage
|Integrated||A2N2||ServeRAID M5110e SAS/SATA Controller||1 (integrated)||All|
|81Y4481||A347||ServeRAID M5110 SAS/SATA Controller||3||D1x (1 standard)
D2x (3 standard)
|81Y4448||A1MZ||ServeRAID M1115 SAS/SATA Controller||1||-|
|46M0912||3876||6Gb Performance Optimized HBA||3||-|
|46C8988||A3MW||N2115 SAS/SATA HBA for System x||3||-|
The integrated ServeRAID M5110e SAS/SATA Controller is a chip on the system board. The ServeRAID M5110 is a PCIe low-profile, half-length (MD2) form factor adapter. Both controllers have the following specifications:
- Two Mini-SAS internal connectors.
- 6 Gbps throughput per port.
- PCIe x8 2.0 host interface.
- Based on the LSI SAS2208 6 Gbps ROC controller.
- Supports RAID levels 0, 1, and 10.
- Supports RAID levels 5 and 50 with optional M5100 Series RAID 5 upgrades (see below).
- Supports RAID 6 and 60 with the optional M5100 Series RAID 6 Upgrade (see below).
- Supports 512 MB battery-backed cache or 512 MB or 1 GB flash-backed cache (see below).
The ServeRAID M1115 offers a low-cost RAID 0/1/10 solution that can be upgraded to a cacheless RAID 5 with a Features-on-Demand license upgrade. It has the following specifications:
- PCI Low Profile, Half-length - MD2 form factor
- Two internal Mini-SAS connectors (SFF-8087)
- Eight internal 6 Gbps SAS/SATA ports
- 6 Gbps throughput per port
- 533 MHz PowerPC® processor with LSI SAS2008 6 Gbps RAID on Chip (ROC) controller
- PCI Express 2.0 x8 host interface
- Support for RAID levels 0, 1, and 10 standard; support for RAID 5 and 50 with an optional upgrade (81Y4542)
- Zero Controller Cache, no battery/flash backup
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the RAID adapters category
Note: The supported adapters for internal storage need to be installed in slots 1, 2 and 3 because of cable routing requirements. The x3750 M4 PCIe 3x8 riser (88Y7371) must be installed. These slots also require that Processor 2 be installed.
The following table lists the optional upgrades supported with the ServeRAID controllers.
|81Y4544||A1X2||ServeRAID M5100 Series Zero Cache/RAID 5 Upgrade||1||-|
|81Y4484||A1J3||ServeRAID M5100 Series 512 MB Cache/RAID 5 Upgrade||4||D1x (2 standard)
D2x, (4 standard)
|81Y4487||A1J4||ServeRAID M5100 Series 512 MB Flash/RAID 5 Upgrade||4||-|
|81Y4559||A1WY||ServeRAID M5100 Series 1 GB Flash/RAID 5 Upgrade||4||C1x (1 standard)
C2x (1 standard)
|81Y4508||A22E||ServeRAID M5100 Series Battery Kit||4*||D1x (2 standard)
D2x, (4 standard)
|81Y4546||A1X3||ServeRAID M5100 Series RAID 6 Upgrade**||1†||-|
|90Y4273||A2MC||ServeRAID M5100 Series SSD Performance Key**||1||D1x, D2x|
|90Y4318||A2MD||ServeRAID M5100 Series SSD Caching Enabler **||1||-|
|81Y4542||A1X1||ServeRAID M1100 Series Zero Cache/RAID 5 Upgrade||1||-|
* The ServeRAID M5100 Series Battery Kit (81Y4508) is only supported with ServeRAID M5100 Series 512 MB Cache/RAID 5 Upgrade (81Y4484).
† The ServeRAID M5100 Series RAID 6 Upgrade (81Y4546) requires RAID 5 upgrades with cache (81Y4484, 81Y4487, or 81Y4559 only).
** Only one ServeRAID Feature on Demand upgrade is required per system, regardless of the number of adapters installed.
Internal drive options
The following table lists the hard disk drive options for the internal disk storage of the x3750 M4 server.
|1.8-inch hot-swap SSDs - 6 Gb SATA - Enterprise Mainstream (3-5 DWPD)|
|00AJ335||A56V||120GB SATA 1.8" MLC Enterprise Value SSD||32|
|00AJ340||A56W||240GB SATA 1.8" MLC Enterprise Value SSD||32|
|00AJ345||A56X||480GB SATA 1.8" MLC Enterprise Value SSD||32|
|00AJ350||A56Y||800GB SATA 1.8" MLC Enterprise Value SSD||32|
|2.5-inch hot-swap HDDs - 6 Gb SAS 10K|
|90Y8877||A2XC||300GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS HDD||16|
|90Y8872||A2XD||600GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS HDD||16|
|81Y9650||A282||900GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF HS HDD||16|
|00AD075||A48S||1.2TB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" G2HS HDD||16|
|2.5-inch hot-swap HDDs - 6 Gb SAS 15K|
|90Y8926||A2XB||146GB 15K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS HDD||16|
|81Y9670||A283||300GB 15K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" G2HS HDD||16|
|00AJ300||A4VB||600GB 15K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" G2HS HDD||16|
|2.5-inch hot-swap HDDs - 6 Gb NL SAS|
|90Y8953||A2XE||500GB 7.2K 6Gbps NL SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS HDD||16|
|81Y9690||A1P3||1TB 7.2K 6Gbps NL SAS 2.5" SFF HS HDD||16|
|2.5-inch hot-swap HDDs - 6 Gb NL SATA|
|81Y9726||A1NZ||500GB 7.2K 6Gbps NL SATA 2.5" SFF HS HDD||16|
|81Y9730||A1AV||1TB 7.2K 6Gbps NL SATA 2.5" SFF HS HDD||16|
|2.5-inch hot-swap SED HDDs - 6 Gb SAS 10K|
|90Y8913||A2XF||300GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS SED||16|
|90Y8908||A3EF||600GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS SED||16|
|2.5-inch hot-swap SSDs - 6 Gb SAS - Enterprise Performance (10+ DWPD)|
|49Y6129||A3EW||200GB SAS 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise SSD||16|
|49Y6134||A3EY||400GB SAS 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise SSD||16|
|49Y6139||A3F0||800GB SAS 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise SSD||16|
|49Y6195||A4GH||1.6TB SAS 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise SSD||16|
|2.5-inch hot-swap SSDs - 6 Gb SATA - Enterprise Mainstream (3-5 DWPD)|
|00AJ355||A56Z||120GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise Value SSD||16|
|00AJ360||A570||240GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise Value SSD||16|
|00AJ365||A571||480GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise Value SSD||16|
|00AJ370||A572||800GB SATA 2.5" MLC HS Enterprise Value SSD||16|
Internal backup units
The server does not supports any internal backup units, such as tape drives or RDX drives.
The server supports the optical drive options listed in the following table.
Table 12. Optical drives
|46M0902||4163||UltraSlim Enhanced SATA Multi-Burner||1||-|
The UltraSlim Enhanced SATA Multi-Burner (46M0902) supports the following media and speeds for reading:
- CD-ROM 24X
- CD-DA (DAE) 20X
- CD-R 24X
- CD-RW 24X
- DVD-ROM (single layer) 8X
- DVD-ROM (dual layer) 8X
- DVD-R (4.7 GB) 6X
- DVD-R DL 4X
- DVD+R 6X
- DVD+R DL 4X
- DVD-RW (4.7 GB) 4X
- DVD+RW 4X
- DVD-RAM (4.7/9.4 GB) 4X
The drive also supports the following media and speeds for writing:
- CD-R 24X
- CD-RW 4X
- High Speed CD-RW 10X
- Ultra Speed CD-RW 16X
- Ultra Speed Plus CD-RW 16X
- DVD-R 8X
- DVD-R DL 6X
- DVD+R 8X
- DVD+R DL 6X
- DVD-RW 6X
- DVD+RW 8X
- DVD-RAM 5X
I/O expansion options
The server supports up to eight PCIe slots. Five slots are on the system board and three are through a riser card. The riser card is standard on some models as shown in the table below. It is optional on all other models. The use of slots 1 - 5 require processor 2 to be installed. The slot specifics are as follows:
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 mechanical): Full-height, half-length (optional with riser card, requires processor 2)
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 mechanical): Full-height, half-length (optional with riser card, requires processor 2)
- Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 mechanical): Full-height, half-length (optional with riser card, requires processor 2)
- Slot 4: PCIe 3.0 x8: Low profile, half-length (requires processor 2)
- Slot 5: PCIe 3.0 x8: Low profile, half-length (requires processor 2)
- Slot 6: PCIe 3.0 x8: Low profile, half-length
- Slot 7: PCIe 3.0 x8: Low profile, half-length
- Slot 8: PCIe 3.0 x8: Low profile, half-length
The following table lists the ordering information for the riser card.
Table 13. PCI riser card options
|88Y7371||A2A1||x3750 M4 PCIe 3 x8 riser||B2x, C1x, D1x, D2x||1|
x3750 M4 supports two integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports. Optionally, two 10 Gb Ethernet ports can be added by installing one of the available dual-port 10 Gb Ethernet cards listed in Table 12 (88Y7429 or 88Y7427). These cards use a dedicated connector on the system board and do not consume a PCI expansion slot. The onboard Emulex BE3 controller provides both the Gigabit Ethernet ports and the 10 Gb Ethernet ports. The optional cards are used route the ports to external RJ45 or SFP+ ports.
The integrated controller has the following features:
- Emulex BE3 chip
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports and two 10 Gb Ethernet ports with optional adapter (1 Gb and 10 Gb auto-negotiation)
- Full-duplex (FDX) capability
- Supports IPv6
- Optional 10 Gb ports that operate in either a virtual NIC (vNIC) or physical NIC (pNIC) mode:
- vNIC mode: Up to six vNICs (up to three vNICs per one 10 Gb port):
- Virtual Fabric mode or Switch Independent operational mode
- Virtual port bandwidth allocation in 100 Mbps increments
- Up to two vNICs can be configured as an iSCSI or FCoE vNICs (one per port) with optional Advanced Upgrade (90Y9310)
- pNIC mode: Dual-port 1/10 Gb Ethernet adapter
- vNIC mode: Up to six vNICs (up to three vNICs per one 10 Gb port):
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging
- VLAN insertion and extraction
- Jumbo frames up to 9000 bytes.
- Load balancing and failover teaming support, including adapter fault tolerance (AFT), switch fault tolerance (SFT), adaptive load balancing (ALB), and IEEE 802.3ad
- Supports Serial over LAN (SoL) and concurrent KVM (cKVM)
- Wake On LAN support (1 Gb ports only)
- Message Signal Interrupt (MSI-X) support
- IPv4/IPv6 offload:
- IPv4 TCP Chimney Offload
- TCP, UDP checksum offload
- Large send offload (LSO)
- Large receive offload (LRO)
- Receive side scaling (RSS)
- Enhanced Ethernet (draft) support:
- Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS) (P802.1Qaz)
- Priority-based Flow Control (PFC) (P802.1Qbb)
- Data Center Bridging eXchange Protocol (DCBX) (P802.1Qaz)
The following table lists the adapters that are supported in the dedicated networking slot.
Table 14. Adapters for the integrated 10 GbE controller (machine type 8722 only)
|10 Gb Ethernet (does not consume a PCI expansion slot)|
|88Y7427||A294||x3750 M4 Dual port 10 GB-T Ethernet Adapter Card||1†|
|88Y7429||A295||x3750 M4 Dual port 10 GB SFP+ Ethernet Adapter Card||1†|
|95Y3760||A2U2||Emulex VFA III FCoE/iSCSI License for System x (FoD)
(An upgrade for 88Y7429 which provides FCoE and iSCSI support)
† The x3750 M4 Dual port 10 GB-T Ethernet Adapter Card and x3750 M4 Dual port 10 GB SFP+ Ethernet Adapter Card occupy the same dedicated slot and are mutually exclusive
The following table lists additional supported network adapters.
|1 Gb Ethernet|
|49Y4230||5767||Intel Ethernet Dual Port Server Adapter I340-T2 for IBM System x||8|
|49Y4240||5768||Intel Ethernet Quad Port Server Adapter I340-T4 for IBM System x||8|
|00AG500||A56K||Intel I350-F1 1xGbE Fiber Adapter for IBM System x||8|
|00AG510||A56L||Intel I350-T2 2xGbE BaseT Adapter for IBM System x||8|
|00AG520||A56M||Intel I350-T4 4xGbE BaseT Adapter for IBM System x||8|
|10 Gb Ethernet|
|49Y7960||A2EC||Intel X520 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Adapter for IBM System x||8|
|49Y7970||A2ED||Intel X540-T2 Dual Port 10GBaseT Adapter for IBM System x||8|
|81Y3520||AS73||Intel X710 2x10GbE SFP+ Adapter for IBM System x||8|
|00D9690||A3PM||Mellanox ConnectX-3 10 GbE Adapter for IBM System x||8|
|42C1800||5751||QLogic 10Gb CNA for IBM System x||8|
|90Y4600||A3MR||QLogic 8200 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ VFA for IBM System x||8|
|47C9952||A47H||Solarflare SFN5162F 2x10GbE SFP+ Performant Adapter for IBM System x||8|
|47C9960||A47J||Solarflare SFN6122F 2x10GbE SFP+ Onload Adapter for IBM System x||8|
|47C9977||A522||Solarflare SFN7122F 2x10GbE SFP+ Flareon Ultra for IBM System x||8|
|40 Gb Ethernet|
|00D9550||A3PN||Mellanox ConnectX-3 40GbE / FDR IB VPI Adapter for IBM System x||8|
# Maximum quantity is achieved with processor 2 installed and the 3-slot riser card (88Y7371). With one processor, the maximum quantity is three (this maximum does not apply to the 10 Gb cards in the dedicated slot).
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Networking adapters category
Storage HBAs and external RAID controllers
The following table lists storage HBAs supported by x3750 M4 server. The maximum quantity is achieved with processor 2 and the 3-slot riser card (88Y7371) installed. With one processor, the maximum quantity is three (this configuration does not apply to the 10 Gb cards in the dedicated slot).
|Fibre Channel - 16 Gbps|
|81Y1675||A2XV||Brocade 16Gb FC Dual-port HBA for System x||8|
|81Y1668||A2XU||Brocade 16Gb FC Single-port HBA for System x||8|
|81Y1662||A2W6||Emulex 16Gb FC Dual-port HBA for System x||8|
|81Y1655||A2W5||Emulex 16Gb FC Single-port HBA for System x||8|
|00Y3341||A3KX||QLogic 16Gb FC Dual-port HBA for System x||8|
|00Y3337||A3KW||QLogic 16Gb FC Single-port HBA for System x||8|
|Fibre Channel - 8 Gbps|
|46M6050||3591||Brocade 8Gb FC Dual-port HBA for System x||8|
|46M6049||3589||Brocade 8Gb FC Single-port HBA for System x||8|
|42D0494||3581||Emulex 8Gb FC Dual-port HBA for System x||8|
|42D0485||3580||Emulex 8Gb FC Single-port HBA for System x||8|
|42D0510||3579||QLogic 8Gb FC Dual-port HBA for System x||8|
|42D0501||3578||QLogic 8Gb FC Single-port HBA for System x||8|
|46M0907||5982||6 Gb SAS HBA Controller||8|
|46C9010||A3MV||N2125 SAS/SATA HBA for System x||8|
# Maximum quantity is achieved with processor 2 and the 3-slot riser card (88Y7371) installed. With one processor, the maximum quantity is three.
* The 6 Gb Performance Optimized HBA (46M0912) is for use only with internal disk storage and requires the x3750 M4 PCIe 3x8 riser (88Y7371) and a second processor to be installed.
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Host bus adapters category:
The RAID controllers listed in the following table are supported with external expansion enclosures.
Table 17. RAID controller and options for external storage expansion enclosures
|81Y4478||A1WX||ServeRAID M5120 SAS/SATA Controller||8|
|81Y4484||A1J3||ServeRAID M5100 Series 512MB Cache/RAID 5 Upgrade||1 per one M5120|
|81Y4487||A1J4||ServeRAID M5100 Series 512MB Flash/RAID 5 Upgrade||1 per one M5120|
|81Y4559||A1WY||ServeRAID M5100 Series 1GB Flash/RAID 5 Upgrade||1 per one M5120|
|81Y4508||A22E||ServeRAID M5100 Series Battery Kit||1 per one M5120|
|81Y4546||A1X3||ServeRAID M5100 Series RAID 6 Upgrade||1 per server|
|90Y4273||A2MC||ServeRAID M5100 Series SSD Performance Accelerator||1 per server|
|90Y4318||A2MD||ServeRAID M5100 Series SSD Caching Enabler||1 per server|
The ServeRAID M5120 SAS/SATA Controller has the following specifications:
- Eight external 6 Gbps SAS/SATA ports
- Two external x4 mini-SAS connectors (SFF-8088)
- Supports RAID levels 0, 1, and 10
- Supports RAID levels 5 and 50 with optional M5100 Series RAID 5 upgrades
- Supports RAID 6 and 60 with the optional M5100 Series RAID 6 Upgrade
- Supports 512 MB battery-backed cache or 512 MB or 1 GB flash-backed cache
- 6 Gbps throughput per port
- PCIe 3.0 x8 host interface
- Based on the LSI SAS2208 6 Gbps ROC controller
- Supports connectivity to the EXP2512 and EXP2524 storage expansion enclosures
PCIe SSD adapters
The server supports the High IOPS SSD adapters listed in the following table.
Note: The server supports a maximum quantity of three of the full-height adapters, which must be installed in slots 1, 2, and 3. These slots require the second processor and the 3-slot riser card, 88Y7371.
Table 18. SSD adapters
|46M0877||0096||160GB High IOPS SS Class SSD PCIe Adapter||8|
|46M0878||0097||320GB High IOPS SD Class SSD PCIe Adapter||3|
|46M0898||1649||320GB High IOPS MS Class SSD PCIe Adapter||8|
|81Y4539||A1ND||640GB High IOPS SLC Duo Adapter For System x||3|
|81Y4535||A1NE||320GB High IOPS SLC Adapter For System x||8|
|90Y4377||A3DY||1.2TB High IOPS MLC Mono Adapter||7|
|90Y4397||A3DZ||2.4TB High IOPS MLC Duo Adapter||3|
|46C9078||A3J3||365GB High IOPS MLC Mono Adapter||7|
|46C9081||A3J4||785GB High IOPS MLC Mono Adapter||7|
|90Y4361*||A3MZ||300GB High IOPS MLC Modular Adapter||3|
|90Y4365*||A3N0||600GB High IOPS MLC Modular Adapter||3|
|90Y4369*||A3N1||800GB High IOPS MLC Modular Adapter||3|
|90Y4373*||A3N2||300GB High IOPS SLC Modular Adapter||3|
* These modular adapters are not available via CTO or Special build. The adapter cannot be shipped installed and instead must be shipped in its option box and configured at the final installation location. For more information, see https://ibm.com/support/entry/myportal/docdisplay?lndocid=SERV-IOMA
The server supports up to two redundant power supplies. Standard models come with one or two 1400 W power supplies (model dependent; see Table 2). 900 W AC and 750 W DC power supplies also available through CTO or Special Bid.
Installing a second power supply requires that the processor and memory expansion tray (88Y7365) or the power interposer card (88Y7367) be installed. The power interposer card option enables redundancy power support when the processor and memory expansion tray is not installed. If you do not have the processor and memory expansion tray installed and want to install two power supplies, then the power interposer card must be installed.
Table 19. Power supplies
|88Y7373||A2A6||1400 W HE Redundant Power Supply||2||All models|
|88Y7431||A2A7||900 W Power Supply||2||-|
|88Y7433||A2EA||System x 4S- 750W High Efficiency -48 V DC Power Supply||2||-|
|88Y7367||A2A0||Power Interposer for Redundant Power Supply||1*||-|
* The power interposer is not needed if the processor and memory expansion tray (88Y7365) is installed.
Each AC power supply ships standard with one 2.8 m C13 - C14 power cord.
Two installed 1400 W power supplies form a redundant pair. Under extreme configurations, it may be possible to exceed 1400 W DC output. If this condition exists and a power supply fails, the server caps power at 1400 W until the second power supply is back online.
The server supports VMware ESXi installed on a USB memory key. The key is installed in a USB socket inside the server. The following table lists the virtualization options.
Table 20. Virtualization options
|41Y8298||A2G0||Blank USB Memory Key for VMware ESXi Downloads||1|
|41Y8300||A2VC||USB Memory Key for VMware ESXi 5.0||1|
|41Y8307||A383||USB Memory Key for VMware ESXi 5.0 Update 1||1|
|41Y8311||A2R3||USB Memory Key for VMware ESXi 5.1||1|
|41Y8382||A4WZ||USB Memory Key for VMware ESXi 5.1 Update 1||1|
|41Y8385||A584||USB Memory Key for VMware ESXi 5.5||1|
The server contains Integrated Management Module II (IMM2), which provides advanced service-processor control, monitoring, and alerting functions. If an environmental condition exceeds a threshold or if a system component fails, the IMM2 lights LEDs to help you diagnose the problem, records the error in the event log, and alerts you to the problem. A virtual presence capability also comes standard in this server for remote server management.
Remote server management is provided through industry-standard interfaces:
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) Version 2.0
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Version 3
- Common Information Model (CIM)
- Web browser
The server also supports virtual media and remote control features, which provide the following functions:
- Remotely viewing video with graphics resolutions up to 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with up to 23 bits per pixel, regardless of the system state
- Remotely accessing the server using the keyboard and mouse from a remote client
- Mapping the CD or DVD drive, diskette drive, and USB flash drive on a remote client, and mapping ISO and diskette image files as virtual drives that are available for use by the server
- Uploading a diskette image to the IMM2 memory and mapping it to the server as a virtual drive
- Capturing blue-screen errors
Supported operating systems
The server supports the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 HPC Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Datacenter x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Enterprise x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Standard x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Web x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 Standard Edition
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server with Xen x64 Edition
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server x64 Edition
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server x64 Edition
- SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 10 for AMD64/EM64T
- SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11 for AMD64/EM64T
- SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11 with Xen for AMD64/EM64T
- VMware ESX 4.1
- VMware ESXi 4.1
- VMware vSphere 5.0 (ESXi)
- VMware vSphere 5.1 (ESXi)
- VMware vSphere 5.5 (ESXi)
For the latest information about the specific versions and service levels supported and any other prerequisites, See the Operating System Interoperability Guide:
Physical and electrical specifications
Dimensions and weight:
Width: 446 mm (17.5 in.)
Depth: 734 mm (28.9 in.)
Height: 87 mm (3.4 in.)
Approximate weight, fully configured: 31.1 kg (68.5 lb.)
- Air temperature:
- 5 - 40 °C (41 - 104 °F) at 0 - 3048 m (10,000 ft); ASHRAE A3 compliant
- Humidity: 8% - 80%
- 100 - 127 (nominal) V AC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, and System 20 A (10 A per power supply)
- 200 - 208 (nominal) V AC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, and System 10 A
- 200 - 240 (nominal) V AC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, and System 9 A
- Minimum configuration: 0.20 kVA (one power supply)
- Minimum configuration: 0.26 kVA (two power supplies)
- Typical configuration: 1.12 kVA (two power supplies)
- Maximum configuration: 2.16 kVA (two power supplies)
- BTU output:
- Minimum configuration: 648 BTU/hr (190 watts)
- Maximum configuration: 7,336 BTU/hr (2150 watts)
- Noise level:
- Idle: 6.5 bels
- Operating: 6.6 bels
The system has a three-year warranty with 24x7 standard call center support and 9x5 Next Business Day onsite coverage. Also available are Lenovo Services warranty maintenance upgrades and post-warranty maintenance agreements, with a well-defined scope of services, including service hours, response time, term of service, and service agreement terms and conditions.
Lenovo warranty service upgrade offerings are region-specific. Not all warranty service upgrades are available in every region. For more information about Lenovo warranty service upgrade offerings that are available in your region, go to the Data Center Advisor and Configurator website http://dcsc.lenovo.com, then do the following:
- In the Customize a Model box in the middle of the page, select the Services option in the Customization Option dropdown menu
- Enter in the machine type & model of the system
- From the search results, you can click either Deployment Services or Support Services to view the offerings
The following table explains warranty service definitions in more detail.
|On-site service||A service technician will arrive at the client’s location for equipment service.|
|24x7x2 hour||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location within two hours after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service around the clock, every day, including Lenovo holidays.|
|24x7x4 hour||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location within four hours after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service around the clock, every day, including Lenovo holidays.|
|9x5x4 hour||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location within four business hours after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service 8:00 am - 5:00 pm in the client's local time zone, Monday-Friday, excluding Lenovo holidays. For example, if a customer reports an incident at 3:00 pm on Friday, the technician will arrive by 10:00 am the following Monday.|
|9x5 next business day||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location on the business day after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service 8:00 am - 5:00 pm in the client's local time zone, Monday - Friday, excluding Lenovo holidays. Calls received after 4:00 pm local time require an extra business day for service dispatch. Next business day service is not guaranteed.|
|Committed Repair||Problems receive priority handling so that repairs are completed within the committed time of 6, 8, or 24 hours. Lenovo provides service 24 hours/day, every day, including Lenovo holidays.|
The following Lenovo warranty service upgrades are available:
- Warranty and maintenance service upgrades:
- Three, four, or five years of 9x5 or 24x7 service coverage
- Onsite response from next business day to 2 or 4 hours
- Committed repair service
- Warranty extension of up to 5 years
- Post warranty extensions
- Committed Repair Service
Committed Repair Services enhances the level of Warranty Service Upgrade or Post Warranty/Maintenance Service offering associated with the selected systems. Offerings vary and are available in select countries.
- Priority handling to meet defined time frames to restore the failing machine to good working condition
- Committed repair service levels are measured within the following coverage hours:
- 24x7x6: Service performed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, within 6 hours
- 24x7x8: Service performed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, within 8 hours
- 24x7x24: Service performed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, within 24 hours
- Hard Disk Drive Retention
Lenovo’s Hard Disk Drive Retention (HDDR) service is a multi-drive hard drive retention offering that ensures your data is always under your control, regardless of the number of hard drives that are installed in your Lenovo server. In the unlikely event of a hard drive failure, you retain possession of your hard drive while Lenovo replaces the failed drive part. Your data stays safely on your premises, in your hands. The Hard Drive Retention service can be purchased in convenient bundles with our warranty upgrades and extensions.
- Microcode Support
Keeping microcode current helps prevent hardware failures and security exposure. There are two levels of service: analysis of the installed base and analysis and update where required. Offerings vary by region and can be bundled with other warranty upgrades and extensions.
- Remote Technical Support Services (RTS)
RTS provides comprehensive technical call center support for covered servers, storage, operating systems, and applications. Providing a single source for support of hardware and software issues, RTS can reduce problem resolution time, decreasing the cost to address technical problems and increasing uptime. Offerings are available for Windows, Linux, IBM Systems Director, VMware, Microsoft business applications, and Lenovo System x storage devices, and IBM OEM storage devices.
The server conforms to the following standards:
- ASHRAE A3
- FCC - Verified to comply with Part 15 of the FCC Rules, Class A
- Canada ICES-003, issue 4, Class A
- UL/IEC 60950-1
- CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1
- Argentina IEC60950-1
- Japan VCCI, Class A
- Australia/New Zealand AS/NZS CISPR 22, Class A
- IEC 60950-1(CB Certificate and CB Test Report)
- China CCC (GB4943), GB9254 Class A, GB17625.1
- Taiwan BSMI CNS13438, Class A; CNS14336-1
- Korea KN22, Class A; KN24
- Russia/GOST ME01, IEC-60950-1, GOST R 51318.22, GOST R 51318.24, GOST R 51317.3.2, and GOST R 51317.3.3
- IEC 60950-1 (CB Certificate and CB Test Report)
- CE Mark (EN55022 Class A, EN60950-1, EN55024, EN61000-3-2, and EN61000-3-3)
- CISPR 22, Class A
- TUV-GS (EN60950-1 /IEC60950-1,EK1-ITB2000)
- RoHS compliance (Directive 2002/95/EC)
External drive enclosures
The server supports attachment to external drive enclosures using a RAID controller with external ports or a SAS host bus adapter. Adapters supported by the server are listed in the SAS adapters for external storage section.
The following table lists the 6 Gbps SAS external drive enclosures that are offered by Lenovo that can be used with the server for storage expansion.
|64111B1||Lenovo Storage E1012 LFF Disk Expansion Single SAS IO Module, Rail Kit, 9x5 NBD|
|64111B2||Lenovo Storage E1012 LFF Disk Expansion Dual SAS IO Module, Rail Kit, 9x5 NBD|
|64111B3||Lenovo Storage E1024 SFF Disk Expansion Single SAS IO Module, Rail Kit, 9x5 NBD|
|64111B4||Lenovo Storage E1024 SFF Disk Expansion Dual SAS IO Module, Rail Kit, 9x5 NBD|
For details about supported drives and cables for the Lenovo Storage E1012 and E1024, see the Lenovo Press Product Guide:
The following table lists the 12 Gbps SAS external drive enclosures offered by Lenovo that can be used with the server for storage expansion.
Note: Information provided in this section is for ordering reference purposes only. For the operating system and adapter support details, refer to the interoperability matrix for a particular storage enclosure that can be found on the Lenovo Data Center Support web site:
|Lenovo Storage D1212 LFF Disk Expansion with Dual SAS IO Modules||4587A11||4587A1J||4587A1C|
|Lenovo Storage D1224 SFF Disk Expansion with Dual SAS IO Modules||4587A31||4587A3J||4587A3C|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 4TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641311F|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 6TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641312F|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 8TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641313F|
|Lenovo Storage D3284 10TB x 84 HD Expansion Enclosure||641314F|
For details about supported drives, adapters, and cables, see the following Lenovo Press Product Guides:
External storage systems
Lenovo offers the ThinkSystem DE Series and ThinkSystem DM Series external storage systems for high-performance storage. See the DE Series and DM Series product guides for specific controller models, expansion enclosures and configuration options:
- ThinkSystem DE Series Storage
- ThinkSystem DM Series Storage
External backup units
The following table lists the external backup options that are offered by Lenovo.
|External RDX USB drives|
|4T27A10725||ThinkSystem RDX External USB 3.0 Dock|
|External SAS tape backup drives|
|6160S6E||IBM TS2260 Tape Drive Model H6S|
|6160S7E||IBM TS2270 Tape Drive Model H7S|
|6160S8E||IBM TS2280 Tape Drive Model H8S|
|External SAS tape backup autoloaders|
|6171S5R||IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader w/LTO5 HH SAS|
|6171S6R||IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader w/LTO6 HH SAS|
|6171S7R||IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader w/LTO7 HH SAS|
|External tape backup libraries|
|6741A1F||IBM TS4300 3U Tape Library-Base Unit|
|6741A3F||IBM TS4300 3U Tape Library-Expansion Unit|
|Full High 8 Gb Fibre Channel for TS4300|
|01KP954||LTO 8 FH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP938||LTO 7 FH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP935||LTO 6 FH Fibre Channel Drive|
|Half High 8 Gb Fibre Channel for TS4300|
|01KP952||LTO 8 HH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP936||LTO 7 HH Fibre Channel Drive|
|01KP933||LTO 6 HH Fibre Channel Drive|
|Half High 6 Gb SAS for TS4300|
|01KP953||LTO 8 HH SAS Drive|
|01KP937||LTO 7 HH SAS Drive|
|01KP934||LTO 6 HH SAS Drive|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Backup units category:
Top-of-rack Ethernet switches
The following table lists the Ethernet LAN switches that are offered by Lenovo.
|1 Gb Ethernet Rack switches|
|7Y810011WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE0152T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z320O11WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE0152TO RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|7159BAX||Lenovo RackSwitch G7028 (Rear to Front)|
|7159CAX||Lenovo RackSwitch G7052 (Rear to Front)|
|7159G52||Lenovo RackSwitch G8052 (Rear to Front)|
|7165H1X||Juniper EX2300-C PoE Switch|
|7165H2X||Juniper EX2300-24p PoE Switch|
|1 Gb Ethernet Campus switches|
|7Z340011WW||Lenovo CE0128TB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z360011WW||Lenovo CE0128TB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|7Z340012WW||Lenovo CE0128PB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z360012WW||Lenovo CE0128PB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|7Z350021WW||Lenovo CE0152TB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z370021WW||Lenovo CE0152TB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|7Z350022WW||Lenovo CE0152PB Switch (3-Year Warranty)|
|7Z370022WW||Lenovo CE0152PB Switch (Limited Lifetime Warranty)|
|10 Gb Ethernet switches|
|7159A1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7159B1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1032T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z330O11WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1064TO RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|7159C1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1072T RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7159CRW||Lenovo RackSwitch G8272 (Rear to Front)|
|7159GR6||Lenovo RackSwitch G8296 (Rear to Front)|
|7159BR6||Lenovo RackSwitch G8124E (Rear to Front)|
|25 Gb Ethernet switches|
|7159E1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2572 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z210O21WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2572O RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|7Z330O21WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE2580O RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
|100 Gb Ethernet switches|
|7159D1X||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE10032 RackSwitch (Rear to Front)|
|7Z210O11WW||Lenovo ThinkSystem NE10032O RackSwitch (Rear to Front, ONIE)|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the following switch categories:
- 1 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/1gb?rt=product-guide
- 10 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/10gb?rt=product-guide
- 25 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/25gb?rt=product-guide
- 40 Gb Ethernet switches: http://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/40gb?rt=product-guide
- 100 Gb Ethernet switches: https://lenovopress.com/networking/tor/100Gb?rt=product-guide
Fibre Channel SAN switches
Lenovo offers the ThinkSystem DB Series of Fibre Channel SAN switches and directors for high-performance storage expansion. See the DB Series product guides for models and configuration options:
- ThinkSystem DB Series SAN Switches and Directors:
Uninterruptible power supply units
The following table lists the uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units that are offered by Lenovo.
|55941AX||RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55941KX||RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55942AX||RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55942KX||RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55943AX||RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)|
|55943KX||RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55945KX||RT5kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55946KX||RT6kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55948KX||RT8kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55949KX||RT11kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)|
|55948PX||RT8kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)|
|55949PX||RT11kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)|
|55943KT†||ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Standard UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)|
|55943LT†||ThinkSystem RT3kVA 2U Long Backup UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A, 2x GB 10A, 1x C19 16A outlets)|
|55946KT†||ThinkSystem RT6kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)|
|5594XKT†||ThinkSystem RT10kVA 5U UPS (200-230VAC) (2x C13 10A outlets, 1x Terminal Block output)|
† Only available in China and countries in the Asia Pacific region.
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the UPS category:
Power distribution units
The following table lists the power distribution units (PDUs) that are offered by Lenovo.
|0U Basic PDUs|
|00YJ776||0U 36 C13/6 C19 24A/200-240V 1 Phase PDU with NEMA L6-30P line cord|
|00YJ777||0U 36 C13/6 C19 32A/200-240V 1 Phase PDU with IEC60309 332P6 line cord|
|00YJ778||0U 21 C13/12 C19 32A/200-240V/346-415V 3 Phase PDU with IEC60309 532P6 line cord|
|00YJ779||0U 21 C13/12 C19 48A/200-240V 3 Phase PDU with IEC60309 460P9 line cord|
|Switched and Monitored PDUs|
|00YJ780||0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 32A/200-240V/1Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 332P6 line cord|
|00YJ781||0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 24A/200-240V/1Ph PDU w/ NEMA L6-30P line cord|
|00YJ782||0U 18 C13/6 C19 Switched / Monitored 32A/200-240V/346-415V/3Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 532P6 cord|
|00YJ783||0U 12 C13/12 C19 Switched and Monitored 48A/200-240V/3Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 460P9 line cord|
|46M4002||1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU (without line cord)|
|46M4003||1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord|
|46M4004||1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU (without line cord)|
|46M4005||1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord|
|Ultra Density Enterprise PDUs (9x IEC 320 C13 + 3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|71762NX||Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU Module (without line cord)|
|71763NU||Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU 60A/208V/3ph with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord|
|C13 Enterprise PDUs (12x IEC 320 C13 outlets)|
|39M2816||DPI C13 Enterprise PDU+ (without line cord)|
|39Y8941||DPI Single Phase C13 Enterprise PDU (without line cord)|
|C19 Enterprise PDUs (6x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|39Y8948||DPI Single Phase C19 Enterprise PDU (without line cord)|
|39Y8923||DPI 60A 3 Phase C19 Enterprise PDU with IEC 309 3P+G (208 V) fixed line cord|
|Front-end PDUs (3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|39Y8938||DPI 30amp/125V Front-end PDU with NEMA L5-30P line cord|
|39Y8939||DPI 30amp/250V Front-end PDU with NEMA L6-30P line cord|
|39Y8934||DPI 32amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord|
|39Y8940||DPI 60amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord|
|39Y8935||DPI 63amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord|
|NEMA PDUs (6x NEMA 5-15R outlets)|
|39Y8905||DPI 100-127V PDU with Fixed NEMA L5-15P line cord|
|Line cords for PDUs that ship without a line cord|
|40K9611||DPI 32a Line Cord (IEC 309 3P+N+G)|
|40K9612||DPI 32a Line Cord (IEC 309 P+N+G)|
|40K9613||DPI 63a Cord (IEC 309 P+N+G)|
|40K9614||DPI 30a Line Cord (NEMA L6-30P)|
|40K9615||DPI 60a Cord (IEC 309 2P+G)|
|40K9617||DPI Australian/NZ 3112 Line Cord|
|40K9618||DPI Korean 8305 Line Cord|
For more information, see the Lenovo Press documents in the PDU category:
The server supports the rack cabinets listed in the following table.
Table 28. Rack cabinets
|201886X||11U Office Enablement Kit|
|93072PX||25U Static S2 Standard Rack|
|93072RX||25U Standard Rack|
|93074RX||42U Standard Rack|
|93074XX||42U Standard Rack Extension|
|93084EX||42U Enterprise Expansion Rack|
|93084PX||42U Enterprise Rack|
|93604EX||42U 1200 mm Deep Dynamic Expansion Rack|
|93604PX||42U 1200 mm Deep Dynamic Rack|
|93614EX||42U 1200 mm Deep Static Expansion Rack|
|93614PX||42U 1200 mm Deep Static Rack|
|93624EX||47U 1200 mm Deep Static Expansion Rack|
|93624PX||47U 1200 mm Deep Static Rack|
|99564RX||S2 42U Dynamic Standard Rack|
|99564XX||S2 42U Dynamic Standard Expansion Rack|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Rack cabinets category:
KVM console options
The following table lists the supported KVM consoles, keyboards, and KVM switches.
|17238BX||1U 18.5" Standard Console (without keyboard)|
|00MW310||Lenovo UltraNav Keyboard USB - US Eng|
|46W6713||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Arabic 253 RoHS v2|
|46W6714||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Belg/UK 120 RoHS v2|
|46W6715||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Chinese/US 467 RoHS v2|
|46W6716||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Czech 489 RoHS v2|
|46W6717||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Danish 159 RoHS v2|
|46W6718||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Dutch 143 RoHS v2|
|46W6719||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - French 189 RoHS v2|
|46W6720||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Fr/Canada 445 RoHS v2|
|46W6721||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - German 129 RoHS v2|
|46W6722||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Greek 219 RoHS v2|
|46W6723||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Hebrew 212 RoHS v2|
|46W6724||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Hungarian 208 RoHS v2|
|46W6725||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Italian 141 RoHS v2|
|46W6726||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Japanese 194 RoHS v2|
|46W6727||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Korean 413 RoHS v2|
|46W6728||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - LA Span 171 RoHS v2|
|46W6729||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Norwegian 155 RoHS v2|
|46W6730||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Polish 214 RoHS v2|
|46W6731||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Portuguese 163 RoHS v2|
|46W6732||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Russian 441 RoHS v2|
|46W6733||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Slovak 245 RoHS v2|
|46W6734||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Spanish 172 RoHS v2|
|46W6735||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Swed/Finn 153 RoHS v2|
|46W6736||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Swiss F/G 150 RoHS v2|
|46W6737||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Thai 191 RoHS v2|
|46W6738||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Turkish 179 RoHS v2|
|46W6739||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - UK Eng 166 RoHS v2|
|46W6740||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - US Euro 103P RoHS v2|
|46W6741||Keyboard w/ Int. Pointing Device USB - Slovenian 234 RoHS v2|
|1754D2X||Global 4x2x32 Console Manager (GCM32)|
|1754D1X||Global 2x2x16 Console Manager (GCM16)|
|1754A2X||Local 2x16 Console Manager (LCM16)|
|1754A1X||Local 1x8 Console Manager (LCM8)|
|Console switch cables|
|43V6147||Single Cable USB Conversion Option (UCO)|
|39M2895||USB Conversion Option (4 Pack UCO)|
|46M5383||Virtual Media Conversion Option Gen2 (VCO2)|
|46M5382||Serial Conversion Option (SCO)|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the KVM Switches and Consoles category:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Intel® and Xeon® are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.
Linux® is the trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Microsoft®, Windows Server®, and Windows® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.