Lenovo Flex System Products and TechnologyReference Information
To meet today’s complex and ever-changing business demands, you need a solid foundation of compute, storage, networking, and software resources. This system must be simple to deploy, and be able to quickly and automatically adapt to changing conditions. You also need to use broad expertise and proven guidelines in systems management, applications, hardware maintenance, and more.
Lenovo® Flex System™ combines no-compromise system designs along with built-in expertise and integrates them into complete, optimized solutions. Central to the Flex System offering is the Enterprise Chassis. This fully integrated infrastructure platform supports a mix of compute, storage, and networking resources to meet the demands of your applications.
The solution is easily scalable with the addition of another chassis with the required nodes, and with Lenovo XClarity™ Administrator, multiple compute nodes, I/O modules, and chassis can be monitored all from a single panel. Flex System is simple to deploy now, and to scale to meet your needs in the future.
This book describes the Flex System offerings that are available from Lenovo. It highlights the technology and features of the chassis, compute nodes, management features, and connectivity options. Guidance also is provided about every major component and networking and storage connectivity.
This book is intended for customers, Lenovo Business Partners, and Lenovo employees who want to know more about the new family of products. It assumes that you have a basic understanding of blade server concepts and general IT knowledge.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction
Chapter 2. Systems management
Chapter 3. Chassis and infrastructure configuration
Chapter 4. I/O architecture and components
Chapter 5. Compute nodes
Chapter 6. Expansion nodes
Chapter 7. Network integration
Chapter 8. Storage integration
Changes in the October 23 update:
- Added the Lenovo ThinkSystem Server Fabric Connector, 7M27A03927:
- SN550 support: 5.1.11, “Embedded Ethernet controller” on page 243
- SN850 support: 5.2.10, “Embedded Ethernet controller” on page 280
- Added Lenovo 25GBase-LR SFP28 Transceiver, 7G17A03538:
- ThinkSystem NE2552E Flex Switch support: Table 4-6 on page 109
- Added new drive options:
- ThinkSystem U.2 KCM51V 800GB Mainstream NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 Hot Swap SSD
- ThinkSystem U.2 KCM51V 1.6TB Mainstream NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 Hot Swap SSD
- ThinkSystem U.2 KCM51V 3.2TB Mainstream NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 Hot Swap SSD
- ThinkSystem U.2 KCM51V 6.4TB Mainstream NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 Hot Swap SSD
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following: