Flex System Interoperability GuideReference Information
Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series and DE Series Storage Arrays
At Lenovo’s Transform 2.0 conference, Lenovo and NetApp announced a global multi-faceted partnership to bring innovative technology and a simplified experience to help customers modernize IT and accelerate their digital transformation. The ThinkSystem DM Series Unified and DE Series SAN Hybrid and All Flash Storage Arrays are the first solutions from this partnership. Read the DM Series and DE Series Product Guides to get more information about the new storage systems.
To meet today’s complex and ever-changing business demands, you need a solid foundation of compute, storage, networking, and software resources. This system must be simple to deploy, and be able to quickly and automatically adapt to changing conditions. You also need to be able to take advantage of broad expertise and proven guidelines in systems management, applications, hardware maintenance, and more.
Flex System is a no-compromise design that integrates servers, storage and networking in one chassis. The solution is easily scalable with the addition of another chassis with the required nodes. With Lenovo XClarity Administrator, multiple chassis can be monitored from a single panel. The 14 node, 10U chassis delivers high speed performance complete with integrated servers, storage, and networking. This flexible chassis is simple to deploy, and scales to meet your needs in the future.
This document is a reference to compatibility and interoperability of components inside and connected to Flex System solutions.
An easy-to-remember link you can use to share this guide: http://lenovopress.com/fsig.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Chassis interoperability
Chapter 2. Compute node component compatibility
Chapter 3. Network interoperability
Chapter 4. Storage interoperability
Chapter 5. Software compatibility
Changes in the September 11 update:
- New families of solid-state drives - 2.4.1, “Drives for ThinkSystem compute nodes” on page 22
- ThinkSystem 2.5" 5200 Mainstream SATA 6Gb Hot Swap SSDs
- ThinkSystem 2.5" Intel S4510 Entry SATA 6Gb Hot Swap SSDs
- ThinkSystem 2.5" Intel S4610 Mainstream SATA 6Gb Hot Swap SSDs
- ThinkSystem 2.5" PM1645 Mainstream SAS 12Gb Hot Swap SSDs
- ThinkSystem 2.5" PM1643 Capacity SAS 12Gb Hot Swap SSDs
- New capacities for existing SSD families - 2.4.1, “Drives for ThinkSystem compute nodes” on page 22
- ThinkSystem 2.5" PM883 7.68TB Entry SATA 6Gb Hot Swap SSD
- ThinkSystem U.2 PM983 7.68TB Entry NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 Hot Swap SSD
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
- Blade Servers
- Embedded SAN Switches
- 1 Gb Embedded Connectivity
- Blade Chassis
- 10 Gb Embedded Connectivity
- Mission-Critical Blade Servers
- Blade Expansion Units
- 25 Gb Embedded Connectivity
- Blade Networking Modules
- 40 Gb Embedded Connectivity
- InfiniBand Embedded Connectivity
- Blade Storage Modules
- Blade Network Adapters
- Blade Storage Adapters