Flex System Interoperability GuideReference Information
To meet today’s complex and ever-changing business demands, you need a solid foundation of compute, storage, networking, and software resources. This system must be simple to deploy, and be able to quickly and automatically adapt to changing conditions. You also need to be able to take advantage of broad expertise and proven guidelines in systems management, applications, hardware maintenance, and more.
Flex System is a no-compromise design that integrates servers, storage and networking in one chassis. The solution is easily scalable with the addition of another chassis with the required nodes. With Lenovo XClarity Administrator, multiple chassis can be monitored from a single panel. The 14 node, 10U chassis delivers high speed performance complete with integrated servers, storage, and networking. This flexible chassis is simple to deploy, and scales to meet your needs in the future.
This document is a reference to compatibility and interoperability of components inside and connected to Flex System solutions.
An easy-to-remember link you can use to share this guide: http://lenovopress.com/fsig.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Chassis interoperability
Chapter 2. Compute node component compatibility
Chapter 3. Network interoperability
Chapter 4. Storage interoperability
Chapter 5. Software compatibility
Changes in the April 5 update:
- Added CN4052S, CN4054S and the X6 7196 LOM to the table in 3.4, “vNIC and UFP support” on page 56.
- Indicated that the following drives are now withdrawn from marketing, 2.4.1, “x86 compute nodes: 2.5-inch drives” on page 19:
- 500GB 7.2K 6Gbps NL SAS 2.5" SFF G2HS HDD, 90Y8953
- 600GB 10K 12Gbps SAS 2.5" G3HS 512e HDD, 00NA241
- 900GB 10K 12Gbps SAS 2.5" G3HS 512e HDD, 00NA251
- 1.2TB 10K 12Gbps SAS 2.5" G3HS 512e SED, 00NA301
- Intel S3510 120GB Enterprise Entry SATA G3HS 2.5" SSD, 00WG620
- Intel S3510 240GB Enterprise Entry SATA G3HS 2.5" SSD, 00WG625
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
- Blade Servers
- Embedded SAN Switches
- 1 Gb Embedded I/O Modules
- 10 Gb Embedded I/O Modules
- 40 Gb Embedded I/O Modules
- InfiniBand Embedded Modules
- Blade Chassis
- Mission-Critical Blade Servers
- Blade Expansion Units
- Blade Networking Modules
- Blade Storage Modules
- Blade Network Adapters
- Blade Storage Adapters