ThinkSystem SR665 Sets World Record with New TPC-H Benchmark ResultPerformance Benchmark Result
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 has set a new TPC-H world record. The server has achieved the world’s best non-clustered, 3000GB TPC-H result for price/performance.
This document summarizes the TPC-H benchmark result for the ThinkSystem SR665 that was published on April 2, 2021. The document lists the result, summarizes the major components of the configuration under test, and provides the link to the relevant benchmark organization’s web site for details about the result.
Lenovo has published a new TPC-H benchmark result that has set a new world record. The result has been achieved on the powerful Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 server. The benchmark results are:
- The world’s #1 non-clustered, 3000GB TPC-H result for price/performance
The ThinkSystem SR665 server achieved the following score (1):
- 624,778.0 QphH@3000GB (queries per hour H) @ $239.94 USD/kQphH@3000GB
This result set a new record of the best non-clustered price/performance in the industry at the 3000GB scale factor, 19% lower than the next-best non-clustered 3000GB result. (2)
The SR665 achieved this record level of decision support price/performance using the following configuration:
- 2x AMD EPYC 72F3 8-core processors at 3.7 GHz (2 processors, 16 total cores, 32 total threads)
- 1024 GB of Lenovo TruDDR4 memory
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise Edition
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.3
Results referenced are current as of April 2, 2021. To view all TPC results, visit http://www.tpc.org.
(1) The total solution availability for this TPC-H benchmark result is April 28, 2021. See the details for this result at http://tpc.org/3356
(2) Result details are from http://tpc.org/3361
About the ThinkSystem SR665
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 server, now with AMD EPYC 7003 Series processors, delivers outstanding TCO for transactional database, ERP, virtualization, big data & analytics and software-defined deployments. The combination of two AMD EPYC 7003 CPUs with class-leading memory speed, storage, and GPU density, rapidly outpaces the power of prior generation two-socket servers. Lenovo’s lauded system reliability, management capabilities, and security infrastructure layer on to the exceptional value that the ThinkSystem SR665 brings to the data center. With the enterprise-class AMD EPYC 7003 Series or 7002 Series processor, the world’s first 7nm data center CPU, the ThinkSystem SR665 features two processors with up to an unprecedented 128 total cores with 128 PCIe Gen4 lanes to reduce bottlenecks and increase server utilization.
Compared to the previous processor generations, ThinkSystem SR665 delivers up to 2X performance and 4X floating point capability, providing faster data transfer and analytics without sacrificing memory capacity or I/O with PCIe Gen4 support and faster memory speeds up to 3200 MHz.
- 128 cores across two processors to handle heavy-lift ERP, CRM, and virtualization workloads; provides cutting edge application efficiency in health care applications such as medical imaging, EMR, and PACS, or electronic trading platforms for financial services applications.
- Multi-GPU optimized rack server, providing support for up to 8 single-wide GPUs that offer 200% more workload acceleration in AI Inference, and virtualized desktop infrastructure (VDI).
- Support for up to 32 NVMe solid-state drives; when paired with high speed networking, make the system an excellent choice for workloads that need large amounts of low-latency high-bandwidth storage, including virtualized clustered SAN solutions, software-defined storage (SDS), and applications leveraging NVMe over Fabrics.
The TPC Benchmark H (TPC-H) is a decision support benchmark that can project performance in a data warehouse environment. It consists of a suite of business oriented ad hoc queries and concurrent data modifications chosen to have broad industry-wide relevance. This benchmark illustrates decision support systems that examine large volumes of data, execute queries with a high degree of complexity, and give answers to critical business questions.
To learn more about solutions for decision support and data warehouse applications, please contact your Lenovo Sales Representative.
To find out more about TPC, visit http://www.tpc.org.
To learn more about the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 server, visit the SR665 product web page:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Linux® is the trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Microsoft® and SQL Server® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
TPC, TPC Benchmark, TPC-H, and QphH are trademarks of Transaction Processing Performance Council.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.