What's New - September 2018Article
This article summarizes the data center products that Lenovo announced in the month of September 2018.
Changes in the September 25 update:
- Added ThinkAgile MX Certified Node
ThinkAgile MX Certified Node
Lenovo ThinkAgile MX Certified Nodes are designed for deploying highly available, highly scalable software-defined storage from Microsoft on Lenovo enterprise platforms. The ThinkAgile MX Certified Nodes deliver fully validated and integrated Lenovo hardware and firmware that is certified with Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) software.
Refer to the following Lenovo Press documents to get more information on the new MX Certified Node:
ThinkSystem DM Series and DE Series
At Lenovo’s Transform 2.0 conference, Lenovo and NetApp announced a global multi-faceted partnership to bring innovative technology and a simplified experience to help customers modernize IT and accelerate their digital transformation. The ThinkSystem DM Series Unified and DE Series SAN Hybrid and All Flash Storage Arrays are the first solutions from this partnership.
Read the following DM Series and DE Series documents to get more information about the new storage systems:
- Interactive 3D Tours
- DM Series Product Guides:
- DE Series Product Guides:
- White paper:
ThinkAgile HX7820 and HX7821
Lenovo ThinkAgile HX Series appliances combine industry-leading hyperconvergence software from Nutanix with Lenovo enterprise platforms that feature Intel Xeon Processor Scalable family. Just announced are an appliance and a certified node, based on the ThinkSystem SR950 hardware platform. Certified nodes deliver fully validated and integrated Lenovo hardware and firmware, certified and preloaded with Nutanix software.
New Server SSD options
The following new solid-state drive options for ThinkSystem servers and the System x3850 X6 & x3950 X6 were announced on September 11. Click the links to view the option product guides. All server product guides have also been updated with these components:
- ThinkSystem Intel S4510 Entry SATA 6Gb SSDs
Intel drives for read-intensive applications; capacities from 240GB to 3.84TB
- ThinkSystem Intel S4610 Mainstream SATA 6Gb SSDs
Intel drives for mixed read/write applications; capacities from 240GB to 1.92TB
- ThinkSystem 5200 Mainstream SATA 6Gb SSDs
Micron drives for mixed read/write applications; capacities from 240GB to 3.84TB
- ThinkSystem 5200 Entry SATA 6Gb SED SSDs
Micron self-encrypting drive (SED) that adhere to the FIPS 140-2 cryptographic standard. Available as a 480GB drive.
- ThinkSystem PM1645 Mainstream SAS 12Gb SSDs
Samsung drives for mixed read/write applications; capacities from 800GB to 3.2GB
- ThinkSystem PM1643 Capacity SAS 12Gb SSDs
Samsung drives for high-capacity read-intensive storage applications; capacities 3.84TB and 7.68TB. Larger 15TB and 30TB drives also available via special bid.
We also added new capacities to existing drive families:
- Lenovo PM983 Entry NVMe PCIe SSDs - new 7.68TB capacity
- Lenovo PM883 Entry 6Gb SATA SSDs - new 7.68TB capacity
View the server product guides that include these options:
- Lenovo ThinkSystem ST550 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR530 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR550 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR570 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR590 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR630 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR650 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR850 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR860 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR950 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SD530 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SD650 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Server
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SN850 Server
- Lenovo System x3850 X6
- Lenovo System x3950 X6
Also updated were these reference documents:
New Lenovo V Series and Storwize drive options
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Intel® and Xeon® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
Microsoft® is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.