Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F Unified Flash Storage ArrayProduct Guide
Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F is a scalable, unified, all flash storage system that is designed to provide high performance, simplicity, capacity, security, and high availability for large enterprises. Powered by the ONTAP software, ThinkSystem DM7000F delivers enterprise-class storage management capabilities with a wide choice of host connectivity options, flexible drive configurations, and enhanced data management features.
This product guide provides essential technical and pre-sales information on the Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F Unified Flash Storage Array, its key features and specifications, components and options, and configuration guidelines.
This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, and IT architects who want to learn more about the ThinkSystem DM7000F Unified Flash Storage Array and consider its use in their solutions.
Product availability: The information on the ThinkSystem DM Series offerings described in this product guide does not apply to the DM Series offerings available in People's Republic of China (PRC).
Changes in the September 24 update:
- 25GbE connections are for MetroCluster links, not host connectivity
Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F is a scalable, unified, all flash storage system that is designed to provide high performance, simplicity, capacity, security, and high availability for large enterprises. Powered by the ONTAP software, ThinkSystem DM7000F delivers enterprise-class storage management capabilities with a wide choice of host connectivity options, flexible drive configurations, and enhanced data management features, including support for NVMe over Fabrics. The ThinkSystem DM7000F is a perfect fit for a wide range of enterprise workloads, including big data and analytics, artificial intelligence, engineering and design, hybrid clouds, and other storage I/O-intensive applications.
ThinkSystem DM7000F models are 3U rack-mount controller enclosures that include two controllers, and 256 GB RAM and 16 GB battery-backed NVRAM (128 GB RAM and 8 GB NVRAM per controller). Universal 1/10 GbE NAS/iSCSI or 4/8/16 Gb Fibre Channel (FC) ports and 1/10 GbE RJ-45 ports provide base host connectivity, with an option for additional 1/10 GbE or 40 GbE NAS/iSCSI, or 8/16/32 Gb FC connections with the adapter cards.
A single ThinkSystem DM7000F Storage Array scales up to 384 SFF solid-state drives (SSDs) with the attachment of Lenovo ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF Expansion Enclosures.
Figure 1. Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F
Up to 12 DM7000F Storage Arrays can be combined into a clustered system in a NAS environment, or up to 6 DM7000F Storage Arrays can be combined into a clustered system in a SAN environment.
Did you know?
A single ThinkSystem DM7000F scales up to 5.89 PB of raw storage capacity. A cluster of the DM7000F storage systems scales up to 70.7 PB for NAS or up to 35.3 PB for SAN environments.
The ThinkSystem DM7000F offers unified file and block storage connectivity with support for 1 GbE, 10 GbE, and 40 GbE NAS and iSCSI, and 8 Gb, 16 Gb, and 32 Gb Fibre Channel protocols at the same time.
The ThinkSystem DM7000F offers the following key features and benefits:
- All-flash array capabilities to meet the demand for higher speed storage and provide higher IOPs and bandwidth with lower power usage and total cost of ownership than hybrid or HDD-based solutions.
- Scalable storage with dual active/active controller configurations for availability and performance.
- NVMe over Fabrics helps achieve up to two times higher performance at a half of the latency.
- Improved performance and data protection with RAID-DP and RAID-TEC, as well as support for traditional RAID 4.
- Flexible host connectivity to match diverse client needs with support for unified NAS and SAN storage protocols, including 1/10 GbE and 40 GbE NAS and iSCSI, and 8/16/32 Gb FC.
- 12 Gb SAS drive-side connectivity with multipathing with up to 24x 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF) drives in the 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures.
- Scalability to up to 384 SFF drives with the attachment of the ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures to satisfy growing needs for storage capacity and performance.
- A rich set of standard storage management functions available at no extra cost, including snapshots, volume copy, quality of service, thin provisioning, compression, deduplication, encryption, disk-based backup, application- and virtual machine-aware backup, quick data recovery, clustering, synchronous replication, and asynchronous replication.
- Optional licensed functions, including WORM (write once, read many) data protection (SnapLock) and object storage tiering (FabricPool).
- Scale-out clustering of up to 12 ThinkSystem DM Series storage systems for NAS connectivity or up to six DM Series storage systems for SAN connectivity.
- Intuitive, web-based GUI for easy system setup and management.
- Lenovo XClarity support for centralized systems management of Lenovo x86 servers, switches, and storage, which provides automated agent-less discovery, inventory, monitoring, and additional platform-specific functions across multiple systems.
- Designed for 99.9999% availability with redundant hot-swap components, including controllers and I/O modules, power supplies, and non-disruptive firmware upgrades.
- Certified Enterprise Storage for SAP HANA Tailored Data center Integration (TDI).
- Certified storage for Oracle VM.
- Certified storage for Citrix XenServer: http://hcl.xenserver.org/storage/910/Lenovo_DM_Series.
The ThinkSystem DM7000F supports attachment of up to 16 ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures. The expansion enclosures support 2.5-inch capacity-optimized (1 drive write per day [DWD]) 960 GB, 3.84 TB, 7.68 TB, and 15.36 TB SAS hot-swap SSDs. More drives and expansion enclosures are designed to be dynamically added with virtually no downtime, which helps to quickly and seamlessly respond to ever-growing capacity demands.
The ThinkSystem DM7000F offers high levels of system and data availability with the following features:
- Dual-active controllers (high availability pair) with automatic load balancing and failover
- Mirrored, battery-backed controller NVRAM
- Dual-port SAS SSDs with automatic drive failure detection and rebuild
- Redundant, hot-swappable and customer replaceable hardware components, including SFP+/QSFP+ transceivers, controller and I/O modules, power supplies, and drives
- Automated failover for the data path between the host and the drives with multipathing
- Non-disruptive controller and drive firmware upgrades
- Scale-out clustering
Components and connectors
The following figure shows the front of the ThinkSystem DM7000F controller enclosure.
Figure 2. ThinkSystem DM7000F controller enclosure front view
The front of the ThinkSystem DM7000F controller enclosure includes the LEDs that display the status of the system.
The following figure shows the rear of the ThinkSystem DM7000F 3U controller enclosure.
Figure 3. ThinkSystem DM7000F 3U controller enclosure rear view
The rear of the ThinkSystem DM7000F 3U controller enclosure includes the following components:
- Two redundant hot-swap controllers, each with the following ports:
- Two 10 GbE SFP+ interconnect ports for HA pair and cluster connections.
- Four SFP+ base host ports for 1/10 Gb GbE or 8/16 Gb FC connectivity.
- Two 1/10 GbE RJ-45 base host ports for NAS or iSCSI connectivity.
- Four 12 Gb SAS x4 ports (Mini-SAS HD SFF-8644) for expansion connectivity.
- Two slots for the following optional adapter cards (ports per adapter card):
- Two 10 GbE (NAS or iSCSI) or 4/8/16 Gb FC SFP+ host ports.
- Two 1/10 GbE RJ-45 host ports (NAS or iSCSI).
- Two 10/40 GbE QSFP+ host ports (NAS or iSCSI).
- Two 8/16/32 Gb FC SFP+ host ports (SW SFP+ transceivers included).
- Four 4/8/16 Gb FC SFP+ host ports (SW SFP+ transceivers included).
- Four 12 Gb SAS x4 expansion ports (Mini-SAS HD SFF-8644).
- Two 25 GbE iWARP SFP28 host ports (MetroCluster)
- One RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet port for out-of-band management.
- Two serial console ports (RJ-45 and Micro-USB) for another means to configure the system.
- One USB Type A port (for ONTAP software installation or booting)
- Two redundant hot-swap 1460 W (100 - 240 V) AC power supplies (IEC 320-C14 power connector) with integrated cooling fans.
The following figure shows the front of the ThinkSystem DM240S 2U SFF expansion enclosure.
Figure 4. ThinkSystem DM240S expansion enclosure front view
The front of the ThinkSystem DM240S 2U SFF expansion enclosure includes the following components:
- 24 SFF hot-swap drive bays.
- Enclosure status LEDs.
- Enclosure ID LED.
The following figure shows the rear of the ThinkSystem DM240S 2U expansion enclosure.
Figure 5. ThinkSystem DM240S 2U expansion enclosure rear view
The rear of the ThinkSystem DM240S 2U expansion enclosure includes the following components:
- Two redundant hot-swap I/O Modules; each I/O Module provides four 12 Gb SAS x4 expansion ports (Mini-SAS HD SFF-8644) for connections to the controller enclosures and for connecting the expansion enclosures between each other.
- Two redundant hot-swap 913 W (100 - 240 V) AC power supplies (IEC 320-C14 power connector) with integrated cooling fans.
- I/O Module status LEDs.
The following table lists the ThinkSystem DM7000F storage system specifications.
Note: The supported hardware options, software features, and interoperability listed in this product guide are based on the ONTAP software version 9.7. For details about specific software releases that introduced support for certain hardware options and software features, refer to the Release notes of the particular software release for the ThinkSystem DM7000F that can be found at:
|Controller configuration||Dual active-active controller configuration (HA pair). Up to 6 HA pairs can be combined into a single SAN cluster, or up to 12 HA pairs can be combined into a single NAS cluster.|
|HA pair/cluster interconnect ports||4x 10 GbE SFP+ ports (DAC cables or SW fiber optics [LC]) (2 ports per controller).|
|RAID levels||RAID-4, RAID-DP, RAID-TEC.|
|Controller memory||256 GB RAM per system (128 GB per controller). 16 GB battery-backed NVRAM per system (8 GB per controller) mirrored between the controllers.|
|Drive bays||Up to 384 SFF hot-swap drive bays (Up to 16 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures).|
|Drive technology||12 Gb SAS SSDs.|
|Drive expansion connectivity||
|Drives||960 GB, 3.84 TB, 7.68 TB, and 15.36 TB SAS SSDs (1 DWD).|
|Storage capacity||Up to 5.89 PB (384x 15.36 TB SFF SSDs).|
|Host connectivity||Base ports (per controller enclosure):
|MetroCluster||Optional adapter that is used for IP MetroCluster configurations:
|Host operating systems||Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019; Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6, 7, and 8; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11, 12, and 15; VMware vSphere 6.0, 6.5, 6.7, and 7.0.|
|Standard software features||RAID data protection, snapshots, volume copy (FlexClone), storage quality of service (QoS), thin provisioning, compression, deduplication, encryption, disk-based backup (SnapVault), application-aware backup (SnapCenter), quick data recovery (SnapRestore), clustering, clustering with data mirroring (MetroCluster), and synchronous and asynchronous replication (SnapMirror).|
|Optional software features||WORM data protection (SnapLock) and object storage tiering (FabricPool).|
|Performance*||Up to 350 000 random read IOPS (8 KB blocks).|
|Cooling||Redundant cooling with the fans that are built into power supplies.|
|Power supply||Two redundant hot-swap 1460 W (100 - 240 V) (DM7000F 3U controller enclosure) or 913 W (100 - 240 V) (DM240S 2U24 enclosure) Platinum AC power supplies.|
|Hot-swap parts||Controllers, I/O modules, drives, power supplies, and SFP+/QSFP+ transceivers and DAC cables.|
|Management interfaces||ThinkSystem Storage Manager web-based GUI; SSH CLI; Serial console CLI; SNMP, email, and syslog alerts; optional Lenovo XClarity.|
|Security features||Secure Socket Layer (SSL), Secure Shell (SSH), user level security, role-based access control (RBAC), LDAP authentication.|
|Warranty and support||Three-, four-, or five-year customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty with selectable service levels: 9x5 service coverage next business day (NBD) onsite response (Foundation) or 24x7 service coverage with 4-hour onsite response (Essential). Premier Support is also available. Software support is included in the Foundation or Essential Service for the duration of the warranty period.|
* Estimated performance based on internal measurements.
** For a detailed list of configuration limits and restrictions for a specific version of the software, refer to the Lenovo Data Center Support website:
Factory-integrated models of the ThinkSystem DM7000F Unified Flash Storage Array are configured by using the Lenovo Data Center Solution Configurator (DCSC):
The following table lists the CTO base models for the ThinkSystem DM7000F.
|Description||Machine Type/Model||Feature code|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series 3U Chassis (2x PSUs, No controller modules)||7Y40CTO1WW||B38K|
Configuration note: Two DM7000 controllers (feature code B39H) are selected by default in the configurator, and the selection cannot be changed.
The models of the ThinkSystem DM7000F ship with the following items:
- One chassis with the following components:
- Two controllers
- Two power supplies
- Rack Mount Kit
- 2 m USB Cable (USB Type A to Micro-USB)
- Electronic Publications Flyer
- Two customer-configured power cables
The ThinkSystem DM7000F controller enclosures ship with two DM7000 controllers. A controller provides interfaces for host connectivity, management, and internal drives, and it runs ONTAP storage management software. Each DM7000 controller enclosure provides 256 GB RAM and 16 GB battery-backed NVRAM (128 GB RAM and 8 GB NVRAM per controller).
The ThinkSystem DM7000F controller enclosures ship with four interconnect 10 GbE SFP+ ports (two ports per controller) to cable a directly-connected dual-controller HA pair or for switched cluster interconnect with multiple dual-controller HA pairs. Up to six HA pairs can be combined into a single SAN cluster or up to 12 HA pairs can be combined into a single NAS cluster.
The ThinkSystem DM7000F controller enclosures ship with eight universal SFP+ ports (four ports per controller) for 1/10 GbE NAS / iSCSI or 4/8/16 Gb FC host connectivity and two 1/10 GbE RJ-45 ports for NAS / iSCSI host connectivity. Each controller also has two expansion slots for optional adapter cards.
Each DM7000F controller enclosure also provides eight integrated 12 Gb SAS x4 expansion ports (Mini-SAS HD SFF-8644 connectors) (four ports per controller) for the attachment of the ThinkSystem DM Series expansion enclosures.
The following interfaces can be added to the ThinkSystem DM7000F controller enclosures with optional adapter cards (ports per adapter card):
- Host interfaces
- 2x 10 GbE or 4/8/16 Gb FC SFP+ ports for NAS, iSCSI, or FC connectivity (for FC connectivity, 16 Gb FC SW SFP+ transceivers [LC connectors] included; for 10 GbE connectivity, optical transceivers or DAC cables should be purchased for the adapter card)
- 2x 1/10 GbE RJ-45 ports for NAS or iSCSI connectivity (require RJ-45 UTP Category 6 cables that should be purchased for the adapter card)
- 2x 10/40 GbE QSFP+ ports for NAS or iSCSI connectivity (require optical transceivers or DAC cables that should be purchased for the adapter card)
- 2x 8/16/32 Gb FC SFP+ ports for FC connectivity (SW SFP+ transceivers [LC connectors] included)
- 4x 4/8/16 Gb FC SFP+ ports for FC connectivity (SW SFP+ transceivers [LC connectors] included)
- Expansion interfaces: 4x 12 Gb SAS x4 ports (Mini-SAS HD SFF-8644) for expansion connectivity
- MetroCluster interfaces
- 2x 25 GbE iWARP SFP28 ports for IP MetroCluster connectivity (require optical transceivers or DAC cables that should be purchased for the adapter card)
- A pair of the universal SFP+ base ports (e0e/0e and e0f/0f or e0g/0g and e0h/0h) in the system must have the same connectivity type (either Ethernet or Fibre Channel, but not both types) and the same type of physical connections; different pairs might have different types of connectivity.
- Both controllers must have matching configurations of the base ports (type and physical connections) and adapter cards (type, quantity, slot location, and physical connections).
- The adapter cards should be installed in pairs: Two or four adapter cards are supported per controller enclosure (two adapter cards per controller), including a combination of the adapter card pairs.
- One 40 GbE port on the dual-port 40 GbE adapter card can be configured as 4x 10 GbE ports (the other 40 GbE port cannot be used in this configuration).
The following table lists the supported host port configurations for the ThinkSystem DM7000F.
|Port type and total number of ports per controller enclosure (per controller)|
|10 GbE or
16 Gb FC SFP+
|10 GbE RJ-45||25 GbE SFP28||40 GbE QSFP+||16 Gb FC SFP+||32 Gb FC SFP+|
|Base host ports|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||-||-||-||-|
|Base host ports and additional host ports on the optional adapter cards|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||4 (2)||-||-||-|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||4 (2)||4 (2)||-||-|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||4 (2)||-||8 (4)||-|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||4 (2)||-||-||4 (2)|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||8 (4)||-||-||-|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||-||4 (2)||-||-|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||-||4 (2)||8 (4)||-|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||-||4 (2)||-||4 (2)|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||-||8 (4)||-||-|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||-||-||8 (4)||-|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||-||-||8 (4)||4 (2)|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||-||-||16 (8)||-|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||-||-||-||4 (2)|
|8 (4)||4 (2)||-||-||-||8 (4)|
|8 (4)||8 (4)||-||-||-||-|
|8 (4)||8 (4)||4 (2)||-||-||-|
|8 (4)||8 (4)||-||4 (2)||-||-|
|8 (4)||8 (4)||-||-||8 (4)||-|
|8 (4)||8 (4)||-||-||-||4 (2)|
|8 (4)||12 (6)||-||-||-||-|
|12 (8)||4 (2)||-||-||-||-|
|12 (8)||4 (2)||4 (2)||-||-||-|
|12 (8)||4 (2)||-||4 (2)||-||-|
|12 (8)||4 (2)||-||-||8 (4)||-|
|12 (8)||4 (2)||-||-||-||4 (2)|
|12 (8)||8 (2)||-||-||-||-|
|16 (8)||4 (2)||-||-||-||-|
The following table lists the controller for the DM7000F Storage Array and supported connectivity options.
|Description||Part number||Feature code||Maximum quantity per controller enclosure|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000 Controller||None*||B39H||2|
|Adapter cards: Additional host interfaces|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series 16Gb FC/10Gb iSCSI 2 port UTA2 Card||4XC7A14394||B38S||4|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series 10Gb 10GBASE-T 2 port Ethernet Card||4XC7A14395||B38T||4|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series 25Gb 2 port Ethernet Card (iWARP)||4XC7A39673||B7N2||4|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series 40Gb 2 port Ethernet Card||4XC7A14393||B38R||4|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series 32Gb 2 port Fibre Channel Card||4XC7A14396||B38U||4|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series 16Gb 4 port Fibre Channel Card||4XC7A14397||B38V||4|
|Adapter cards: Additional expansion interfaces|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series 12Gb 4 port SAS Card||4XC7A14398||B38W||4|
|SFP+ options for base ports|
|1Gb RJ-45 iSCSI SFP+ Module 1 pack||4XF7A14917||B4K7||8|
|8Gb Fibre Channel SFP+ Module 1 pack||4XF7A14918||B4K8||8|
|16Gb Fibre Channel SFP+ Module 1 pack||4XF7A14920||B4KA||8|
|SFP+ options for 10 Gb iSCSI / 16 Gb FC adapter card|
|QLogic 10Gb SFP+ SR Optical Transceiver||49Y4218||0064||8|
|SFP+ options for base ports, 10 Gb iSCSI / 16 Gb FC adapter card, and interconnect ports|
|10Gb SW Optical iSCSI SFP+ Module 1 pack||4XF7A14919||B4K9||20|
|SFP28 options for 25 GbE adapter card|
|25Gb Ethernet Optical SFP28 Shortwave Module 1 pack||4XF7A39597||B732||8|
|QSFP+ options for 40 GbE adapter card|
|Lenovo 40GBASE-eSR4 QSFP+ Transceiver||00FE325||A5U9||8|
|OM3 optical cables for 40 GbE QSFP+ eSR4 transceivers|
|Lenovo 10m QSFP+ MPO-MPO OM3 MMF Cable||00VX003||AT2U||8|
|Lenovo 30m QSFP+ MPO-MPO OM3 MMF Cable||00VX005||AT2V||8|
|OM4 optical cables for 40 GbE QSFP+ eSR4 transceivers|
|Lenovo 5m MPO-MPO OM4 MMF Cable||7Z57A03567||AV25||8|
|Lenovo 7m MPO-MPO OM4 MMF Cable||7Z57A03568||AV26||8|
|Lenovo 10m MPO-MPO OM4 MMF Cable||7Z57A03569||AV27||8|
|Lenovo 15m MPO-MPO OM4 MMF Cable||7Z57A03570||AV28||8|
|Lenovo 20m MPO-MPO OM4 MMF Cable||7Z57A03571||AV29||8|
|Lenovo 30m MPO-MPO OM4 MMF Cable||7Z57A03572||AV2A||8|
|Optical breakout cables for 40 GbE QSFP+ eSR4 transceivers|
|Lenovo 1m MPO-4xLC OM3 MMF Breakout Cable||00FM412||A5UA||4|
|Lenovo 3m MPO-4xLC OM3 MMF Breakout Cable||00FM413||A5UB||4|
|Lenovo 5m MPO-4xLC OM3 MMF Breakout Cable||00FM414||A5UC||4|
|DAC cable options for 40 GbE QSFP+ host connectivity|
|Lenovo 1m Passive QSFP+ DAC Cable||49Y7890||A1DP||8|
|Lenovo 3m Passive QSFP+ DAC Cable||49Y7891||A1DQ||8|
|Lenovo 5m Passive QSFP+ DAC Cable||00D5810||A2X8||8|
|Lenovo 7m Passive QSFP+ DAC Cable||00D5813||A2X9||8|
|DAC cable options for 40 GbE QSFP+ to 4x 10 GbE SFP+ host connectivity|
|Lenovo 1m Passive QSFP+ to SFP+ Breakout DAC Cable||49Y7886||A1DL||4|
|Lenovo 3m Passive QSFP+ to SFP+ Breakout DAC Cable||49Y7887||A1DM||4|
|Lenovo 5m Passive QSFP+ to SFP+ Breakout DAC Cable||49Y7888||A1DN||4|
|OM4 cable options for 8/16/32 Gb FC, 10 GbE SW SFP+, and 25 GbE SFP28 optical transceivers|
|Lenovo 0.5m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||4Z57A10845||B2P9||28|
|Lenovo 1m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||4Z57A10846||B2PA||28|
|Lenovo 3m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||4Z57A10847||B2PB||28|
|Lenovo 5m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||4Z57A10848||B2PC||28|
|Lenovo 10m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||4Z57A10849||B2PD||28|
|Lenovo 15m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||4Z57A10850||B2PE||28|
|Lenovo 25m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||4Z57A10851||B2PF||28|
|Lenovo 30m LC-LC OM4 MMF Cable||4Z57A10852||B2PG||28|
|OM3 cable options for 8/16/32 Gb FC, 10 GbE SW SFP+, and 25 GbE SFP28 optical transceivers|
|Lenovo 0.5m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN499||ASR5||28|
|Lenovo 1m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN502||ASR6||28|
|Lenovo 3m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN505||ASR7||28|
|Lenovo 5m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN508||ASR8||28|
|Lenovo 10m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN511||ASR9||28|
|Lenovo 15m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN514||ASRA||28|
|Lenovo 25m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN517||ASRB||28|
|Lenovo 30m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN520||ASRC||28|
|DAC cable options for 10 GbE SFP+ connectivity (SFP+ base, adapter card, and interconnect ports)|
|0.5m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||00D6288||A3RG||20|
|1m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||90Y9427||A1PH||20|
|1.5m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||00AY764||A51N||20|
|2m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||00AY765||A51P||20|
|3m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||90Y9430||A1PJ||20|
|5m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||90Y9433||A1PK||20|
|7m Passive DAC SFP+ Cable||00D6151||A3RH||20|
|DAC cable options for 25 GbE SFP28 connectivity (SFP28 adapter card ports)|
|Lenovo 1m Passive 25G SFP28 DAC Cable||7Z57A03557||AV1W||8|
|Lenovo 3m Passive 25G SFP28 DAC Cable||7Z57A03558||AV1X||8|
|Lenovo 5m Passive 25G SFP28 DAC Cable||7Z57A03559||AV1Y||8|
|UTP Category 6 cables options for 1/10 GbE RJ-45 host connectivity and 1 GbE RJ-45 management ports|
|0.75m Green Cat6 Cable||00WE123||AVFW||4|
|1.0m Green Cat6 Cable||00WE127||AVFX||4|
|1.25m Green Cat6 Cable||00WE131||AVFY||4|
|1.5m Green Cat6 Cable||00WE135||AVFZ||4|
|3m Green Cat6 Cable||00WE139||AVG0||4|
|10m Green Cat6 Cable||90Y3718||A1MT||4|
|25m Green Cat6 Cable||90Y3727||A1MW||4|
* Factory-installed only.
The ThinkSystem DM7000F supports attachment of up to 16 ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures. The expansion enclosures can be added to the system non-disruptively.
The following table lists the CTO base models for the ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures.
|Description||Machine Type/Model||Feature code|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem Storage 2U24 Chassis (with 2x PSUs)||7Y58CTO1WW||B38L|
Configuration note: Two I/O expansion modules (feature code B39J) are selected by default in the configurator, and this cannot be changed.
The models of the ThinkSystem DM240S ship with the following items:
- One chassis with the following components:
- Two I/O modules
- Two power supplies
- Rack Mount Kit
- Electronic Publications Flyer
- Two customer-configured power cables
Each ThinkSystem DM Series expansion enclosure ships with two SAS I/O expansion modules. Each I/O expansion module provides four external 12 Gb SAS x4 ports (Mini-SAS HD SFF-8644 connectors labelled Port 1-4) that are used for connections to the ThinkSystem DM7000F and for daisy chaining the expansion enclosures between each other.
The ThinkSystem DM7000F supports up to 16 expansion enclosures in up to six enclosure stacks with up to 4 enclosures in each stack. For one or two stacks, the integrated SAS expansion ports on the DM7000 controller can be used. For three or four stacks, an additional 4-port SAS adapter card is required for the DM7000 controller. For five or six stacks, two additional 4-port SAS adapter cards are required for the DM7000 controller.
The example expansion connectivity topologies for two and four enclosure stacks with dual-path HA (high availability) are shown in the following figures.
Figure 6. DM7000F expansion enclosure connectivity topology: Two stacks
Figure 7. DM7000F expansion enclosure connectivity topology: Four stacks
Expansion cabling rules:
- Ports A and C (integrated and on the SAS adapter card) on the Controller 1 are primary paths to stacks; each port is connected to the Port 1 on the I/O Module A in the first expansion enclosure in a stack.
- Port 3 on the I/O Module A in the first expansion enclosure is connected to Port 1 on the I/O Module A in the adjacent expansion enclosure, and so on (until the last expansion enclosure in a stack is cabled).
- Ports B and D (integrated and on the SAS adapter card) on the Controller 1 are secondary paths to stacks; each port is connected to the Port 3 on the I/O Module B in the last expansion enclosure in a stack.
- Ports A and C (integrated and on the SAS adapter card) on the Controller 2 are primary paths to stacks; each port is connected to the Port 1 on the I/O Module B in the first expansion enclosure in a stack.
- Port 3 on the I/O Module B in the first expansion enclosure is connected to Port 1 on the I/O Module B in the adjacent expansion enclosure, and so on (until the last expansion enclosure in a stack is cabled).
- Ports B and D (integrated and on the SAS adapter card) on the Controller 2 are secondary paths to stacks; each port is connected to the Port 3 on the I/O Module A in the last expansion enclosure in a stack.
The following table lists ordering information for the supported expansion enclosure connectivity options.
|Description||Part number||Feature code||Maximum quantity per one expansion enclosure|
|External MiniSAS HD 8644/MiniSAS HD 8644 0.5M Cable||00YL847||AU16||4|
|External MiniSAS HD 8644/MiniSAS HD 8644 1M Cable||00YL848||AU17||4|
|External MiniSAS HD 8644/MiniSAS HD 8644 2M Cable||00YL849||AU18||4|
|External MiniSAS HD 8644/MiniSAS HD 8644 3M Cable||00YL850||AU19||4|
Configuration note: The following quantities of SAS cables are needed per stack of the expansion enclosures:
- Two SAS cables per expansion enclosure in the stack for connecting the first expansion enclosure in the stack to the controller enclosure and for connections to the adjacent expansion enclosures.
- Two additional SAS cables for connecting the last expansion enclosure in the stack to the controller enclosure.
The ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures support up to 24 SFF hot-swap drives. The following table lists supported drive options for the DM240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures.
|Description||Part number||Feature code||Maximum quantity
|2.5-inch 12 Gbps SAS hot-swap SSDs (1 Drive Write per Day)|
|ThinkSystem 5.76TB (6x 960GB SAS SSDs) 2U24 Drive Pack for DM7000F||4XB7A16966||B66H||4|
|ThinkSystem 23.04TB (6x 3.84TB SAS SSDs) 2U24 Drive Pack for DM7000F||4XB7A16969||B66L||4|
|ThinkSystem 46.08TB (6x 7.68TB SAS SSDs) 2U24 Drive Pack for DM7000F||4XB7A16972||B66P||4|
|ThinkSystem 92.16TB (6x 15.36TB SAS SSDs) 2U24 Drive Pack for DM7000F||4XB7A16975||B66S||4|
Configuration note: With the DM7000F, the DM240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures support from 12 to 24 drives in increments of 6 drives, and all drives in the enclosure must be of the same type and capacity.
The following functions are included with the ThinkSystem DM7000F software:
- RAID-4, RAID-DP, and RAID-TEC data protection: Provides the flexibility to choose the level of data protection required and helps improve performance and availability with built-in spare capacity and by distributing data across all physical drives in the aggregate, sustaining to up to one (RAID-4), two (RAID-DP), or three (RAID-TEC) concurrent drive failures.
- SyncMirror data protection: Adds extra level of data protection and availability by mirroring a pair of RAID aggregates.
- All Flash Array (AFA) capability: Meets the demand for higher speed, lower latency storage and provides higher IOPS and bandwidth with lower power usage and total cost of ownership than hybrid or HDD-based solutions.
- FlexVol: Provides abstraction layer between the logical volume and its physical location in the storage array.
- FlexGroup: Enables a single volume to span across multiple clustered storage arrays to maximize storage capacity and automate load distribution.
- FlexCache: Speeds up access to data and offloads traffic from heavily accessed volumes for read-intensive workloads by placing frequently used data in cache locally or remotely (closer to the point of client access) and serving the data to the clients directly from cache without accessing the data source.
- Thin provisioning: Optimizes efficiency by allocating storage space based on the minimum space required by each application at any given time, so that applications consume only the space they are actually using, not the total space that has been allocated to them, which allows customers to purchase storage they need today and add more as application requirements grow.
- Compression: Provides transparent inline and post-process data compression to reduce the amount of storage that customers need to purchase and manage.
- Compaction: Works with compression to pack more data into each storage block to further reduce the amount of storage that customers need to purchase and manage.
- Deduplication: Performs general-purpose deduplication for removal of redundant data to reduce the amount of storage that customers need to purchase and manage.
- Snapshots: Enables creation of read-only copies of data for backup, parallel processing, testing, and development, and have the copies available almost immediately.
- FlexClone: References snapshot metadata to create writable point-in-time copies of a volume.
- Encryption: Provides software-based encryption for data at rest for enhanced data security with the traditional drives and embedded key management (requires the encryption-capable version of the ONTAP software [feature code B4D0]).
- Balanced placement: Provides automated workload distribution across the cluster to help increase utilization and performance.
- Dynamic capacity expansion: Allows the capacity of a volume or aggregate to be expanded by adding new physical drives.
- Adaptive Quality of Service: Simplifies operations and maintains consistent workload performance by defining QoS policies and automatically adjusting storage resources to respond to workload changes.
- SnapVault disk-based storage backup: Enables data stored on multiple systems to be backed up to a central, secondary system quickly and efficiently as read-only snapshot copies.
- SnapRestore: Enables quick recovery of data by reverting a local volume or file to its previous state from a particular snapshot copy stored on the file system.
- SnapCenter: Provides application- and virtual machine-aware backup and restoration of data by using the Snapshots technology and leverages the SnapMirror capabilities of storage systems to provide onsite or offsite backup set mirroring for disaster recovery.
- MetroCluster: Provides storage system-based clustering with online, real-time data mirroring between the local and remote sites by using synchronous data transfers over IP or Fibre Channel communication links to deliver continuous availability with zero RPO and near-zero RTO.
Note: All storage systems in a MetroCluster configuration must be of the same model.
- SnapMirror synchronous and asynchronous replication: Provides storage system-based data replication between the storage systems containing source (local) and destination (remote) volumes by using synchronous (as soon as the data is written to the source volume) or asynchronous (at specified regular intervals) data transfers over IP communication links.
Note: The SnapMirror feature of the ThinkSystem DM7000F interoperate with other ThinkSystem DM Series storage arrays.
The following table lists the software selection options for the ThinkSystem DM7000F.
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series ONTAP 9.5 Software, Encryption||B6KC|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series ONTAP 9.5 Software, Non-Encryption||B6KD|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series ONTAP 9.6 Software, Encryption||B79W|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series ONTAP 9.6 Software, No Encryption||B79X|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series ONTAP 9.7 Software, Encryption||BAYL|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series ONTAP 9.7 Software, No Encryption||BAYK|
Configuration note: The encryption-capable version of the ONTAP Software is not available in the following countries:
- People's Republic of China
Software maintenance is included in the ThinkSystem DM7000F warranty and support (see Warranty and support for details).
The ThinkSystem DM7000F capabilities can be expanded with the following optional licensed functions:
- SnapLock WORM data protection: Creates non-rewritable, non-erasable data on hard disk drives to prevent files from being altered or deleted until a predetermined or default retention date.
- FabricPool object storage tiering: Enables automated tiering of data from high-performance SSDs (active data) to lower-cost object storage in public or private clouds (inactive data).
The following table lists the Feature on Demand (FoD) upgrades for the ThinkSystem DM7000F to enable optional software features.
|Description||Part number||Feature code||Quantity|
|DM Series SnapLock License||4P47A16547||None*||1**|
|DM Series FabricPool – 1TB Increment – 3 years||4P47A37057||None*||1^|
|DM Series FabricPool – 1TB Increment – 5 years||4P47A37288||None*||1^|
|10TB Free FabricPool License – 3yr Svcs||4P47A64860||None*||1^^|
|10TB Free FabricPool License – 5yr Svcs||4P47A64861||None*||1^^|
* Field upgrade only; no factory installation.
** Contains two licenses.
^ Quantity per TB of storage capacity.
^^ Includes the capacity-based FabricPool license for 10 TB free-of-charge and software support services for the additional cost.
- The SnapLock feature is licensed on a per-controller basis; that is, two licenses are needed per system, and these two licenses are contained in a single orderable part number. These licenses also include 5-year software support entitlement.
- The FabricPool feature is a cluster-wide, capacity-based license that is available for 3- or 5-year subscription terms.
The ThinkSystem DM7000F supports the following management interfaces:
- Lenovo ThinkSystem Storage Manager, a web-based interface via HTTPS for single-system management or centralized management of the cluster of systems, that runs on the storage system itself and requires only a supported browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox), so there is no need for a separate console or plug-in.
- Command line interface (CLI) via SSH or through serial console.
- Syslog, SNMP, and e-mail notifications.
- Optional Lenovo XClarity for discovery, inventory, monitoring, and alerts.
Power supplies and cables
The ThinkSystem DM7000F 3U controller enclosure ships with two redundant hot-swap 1460 W (100 - 240 V) Platinum AC power supplies, each with an IEC 320-C14 connector.
The ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF expansion enclosures ship with two redundant hot-swap 913 W (100 - 240 V) Platinum AC power supplies, each with an IEC 320-C14 connector.
Each ThinkSystem DM Series enclosure requires the selection of two power cables.
The following table lists the rack power cable and line cord options that can be ordered for the DM7000F 3U and DM240S 2U24 SFF enclosures (two power cords per enclosure).
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|Rack power cables|
|1.0m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||00Y3043||A4VP|
|1.0m, 13A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||4L67A08367||B0N5|
|1.2m, 16A/100-250V, 2 Short C13s to Short C20 Rack Power Cable||47C2491||A3SW|
|1.5m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||39Y7937||6201|
|1.5m, 13A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||4L67A08368||B0N6|
|2.0m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||4L67A08365||B0N4|
|2.0m, 13A/125V-10A/250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||4L67A08369||6570|
|2.5m, 16A/100-250V, 2 Long C13s to Short C20 Rack Power Cable||47C2492||A3SX|
|2.8m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||4L67A08366||6311|
|2.8m, 13A/125V-10A/250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||4L67A08370||6400|
|2.8m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C20 Rack Power Cable||39Y7938||6204|
|2.8m, 16A/100-250V, 2 Short C13s to Long C20 Rack Power Cable||47C2493||A3SY|
|4.1m, 16A/100-250V, 2 Long C13s to Long C20 Rack Power Cable||47C2494||A3SZ|
|4.3m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||39Y7932||6263|
|4.3m, 13A/125V-10A/250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||4L67A08371||6583|
|Argentina 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to IRAM 2073 Line Cord||39Y7930||6222|
|Argentina 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to IRAM 2073 Line Cord||81Y2384||6492|
|Australia/New Zealand 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to AS/NZS 3112 Line Cord||39Y7924||6211|
|Australia/New Zealand 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to AS/NZS 3112 Line Cord||81Y2383||6574|
|Brazil 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to NBR 14136 Line Cord||69Y1988||6532|
|Brazil 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to NBR14136 Line Cord||81Y2387||6404|
|China 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to GB 2099.1 Line Cord||39Y7928||6210|
|China 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to GB 2099.1 Line Cord||81Y2378||6580|
|Denmark 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to DK2-5a Line Cord||39Y7918||6213|
|Denmark 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to DK2-5a Line Cord||81Y2382||6575|
|Europe 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to CEE7-VII Line Cord||39Y7917||6212|
|Europe 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to CEE7-VII Line Cord||81Y2376||6572|
|India 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to IS 6538 Line Cord||39Y7927||6269|
|India 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to IS 6538 Line Cord||81Y2386||6567|
|Israel 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to SI 32 Line Cord||39Y7920||6218|
|Israel 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to SI 32 Line Cord||81Y2381||6579|
|Italy 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to CEI 23-16 Line Cord||39Y7921||6217|
|Italy 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to CEI 23-16 Line Cord||81Y2380||6493|
|Japan 2.8m, 12A/125V, C13 to JIS C-8303 Line cord||46M2593||A1RE|
|Japan 2.8m, 12A/250V, C13 to JIS C-8303 Line Cord||4L67A08357||6533|
|Japan 4.3m, 12A/125V, C13 to JIS C-8303 Line Cord||39Y7926||6335|
|Japan 4.3m, 12A/250V, C13 to JIS C-8303 Line Cord||4L67A08362||6495|
|Korea 2.8m, 12A/250V, C13 to KS C8305 Line Cord||39Y7925||6219|
|Korea 4.3m, 12A/250V, C13 to KS C8305 Line Cord||81Y2385||6494|
|South Africa 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to SABS 164 Line Cord||39Y7922||6214|
|South Africa 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to SABS 164 Line Cord||81Y2379||6576|
|Switzerland 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to SEV 1011-S24507 Line Cord||39Y7919||6216|
|Switzerland 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to SEV 1011-S24507 Line Cord||81Y2390||6578|
|Taiwan 2.8m, 10A/125V, C13 to CNS 10917-3 Line Cord||23R7158||6386|
|Taiwan 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to CNS 10917-3 Line Cord||81Y2375||6317|
|Taiwan 2.8m, 15A/125V, C13 to CNS 10917-3 Line Cord||81Y2374||6402|
|Taiwan 4.3m, 10A/125V, C13 to CNS 10917-3 Line Cord||4L67A08363||AX8B|
|Taiwan 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to CNS 10917-3 Line Cord||81Y2389||6531|
|Taiwan 4.3m, 15A/125V, C13 to CNS 10917-3 Line Cord||81Y2388||6530|
|United Kingdom 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to BS 1363/A Line Cord||39Y7923||6215|
|United Kingdom 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to BS 1363/A Line Cord||81Y2377||6577|
|United States 2.8m, 10A/125V, C13 to NEMA 5-15P Line Cord||90Y3016||6313|
|United States 2.8m, 10A/250V, C13 to NEMA 6-15P Line Cord||46M2592||A1RF|
|United States 2.8m, 13A/125V, C13 to NEMA 5-15P Line Cord||00WH545||6401|
|United States 4.3m, 10A/125V, C13 to NEMA 5-15P Line Cord||4L67A08359||6370|
|United States 4.3m, 10A/250V, C13 to NEMA 6-15P Line Cord||4L67A08361||6373|
|United States 4.3m, 13A/125V, C13 to NEMA 5-15P Line Cord||4L67A08360||AX8A|
The individually shipped ThinkSystem DM7000F and DM240S enclosures come with the ThinkSystem Storage Rack Mount Kit 2U24/4U60 listed in the following table.
|Lenovo ThinkSystem Storage Rack Mount Kit 2U24/4U60||B38Y||1|
When the ThinkSystem DM Series enclosures are factory-integrated and shipped installed in a rack cabinet, the rack mount kits that support Ship-in-Rack (SIR) capabilities are derived by the configurator.
The SIR-capable rack mount kits are listed in the following table.
|Lenovo ThinkSystem Storage Rack Mount Kit 2U12||B38X||1|
|Lenovo ThinkSystem Storage SIR Rack Mount Kit (for 2U24 enclosures)||B6TH||1|
|DM 3U Adjustable Rail Kit (SIR)||B79Z||1|
|DM/DE 4U Adjustable Rail Kit (SIR)||B742||1|
The following table summarizes the rack mount kit features and specifications.
|Attribute||Screw-in fixed rail with adjustable depth|
|2U24/4U60||2U24 SIR||3U SIR|
|Enclosure support||DM7000F, DM240S||DM240S||DM7000F|
|Rail type||Fixed (static) with adjustable depth||Fixed (static) with adjustable depth||Fixed (static) with adjustable depth|
|Ship-in-rack (SIR) support||No||Yes||Yes|
|1U PDU support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|0U PDU support||Limited**||Limited**||Limited**|
|Rack type||IBM or Lenovo 4-post, IEC standard-compliant||IBM or Lenovo 4-post, IEC standard-compliant||IBM or Lenovo 4-post, IEC standard-compliant|
|Mounting holes||Square or round||Square or round||Square or round|
|Mounting flange thickness||2 mm (0.08 in.) –
3.3 mm (0.13 in.)
|2 mm (0.08 in.) –
3.3 mm (0.13 in.)
|2 mm (0.08 in.) –
3.3 mm (0.13 in.)
|Distance between front and rear mounting flanges^||605 mm (23.8 in.) –
812.8 mm (32 in.)
|605 mm (23.8 in.) –
812.8 mm (32 in.)
|605 mm (23.8 in.) –
812.8 mm (32 in.)
* The majority of the enclosure components can be serviced from the front or rear of the enclosure, which does not require the removal of the enclosure from the rack cabinet.
** If a 0U PDU is used, the rack cabinet must be at least 1000 mm (39.37 in.) deep for 2U24 and 3U enclosures.
^ Measured when mounted on the rack, from the front surface of the front mounting flange to the rear most point of the rail.
The ThinkSystem DM7000F controller enclosure has the following dimensions and weight (approximate):
- Height: 130 mm (5.1 in.)
- Width: 447 mm (17.6 in.)
- Depth: 608 mm (23.9 in.)
- Weight (fully configured): 34.5 kg (76.1 lb)
The ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF enclosures have the following dimensions and weight (approximate):
- Height: 85 mm (3.4 in.)
- Width: 449 mm (17.7 in.)
- Depth: 484 mm (19.1 in.)
- Weight (fully configured): 24.4 kg (53.8 lb)
The ThinkSystem DM7000F and DM240S 2U24 SFF enclosures are supported in the following environment:
- Air temperature:
- Operating: 5 °C - 45 °C (41 °F - 113 °F)
- Non-operating: -40 °C - +70 °C (-40 °F - 158 °F)
- Maximum altitude: 3050 m (10,000 ft)
- Relative humidity:
- Operating: 8% - 90% (non-condensing)
- Non-operating: 10% - 95% (non-condensing)
- Electrical power:
- 100 to 127 (nominal) V AC; 50 Hz or 60 Hz; 6.69 A
- 200 to 240 (nominal) V AC; 50 Hz or 60 Hz; 3.35 A
- Maximum system power load: 636 W
- DM240S 2U24 SFF
- 100 to 127 (nominal) V AC; 50 Hz or 60 Hz; 4.11 A
- 200 to 240 (nominal) V AC; 50 Hz or 60 Hz; 2.05 A
- Maximum system power load: 390 W
- Heat dissipation:
- DM7000F: 2170 BTU/hour
- DM240S 2U24 SFF: 1331 BTU/hour
- Acoustical noise emission:
- DM7000F: 7.8 bels
- DM240S 2U24 SFF: 6.9 bels
Warranty and support
The ThinkSystem DM Series enclosures can be configured with a three-, four, or five-year Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU) and onsite limited warranty with various levels of coverage with a well-defined scope of services, including service hours, response time, term of service, and service agreement terms and conditions.
Lenovo’s support services provide a sophisticated, unified support structure for a customer's data center, with an experience consistently ranked number one in customer satisfaction worldwide.
The following Lenovo support services are available:
- Premier Support provides a Lenovo-owned customer experience and delivers direct access to technicians skilled in hardware, software, and advanced troubleshooting, in addition to the following capabilities:
- Direct technician-to-technician access through a dedicated phone line.
- 24x7x365 remote support.
- Single point of contact service.
- End to end case management.
- 3rd Party collaborative software support.
- Online case tools and live chat support.
- On-demand remote system analysis.
- Warranty Service Levels (Preconfigured Support) are available to meet the on-site response time targets that match the criticality of customer's systems:
- 3, 4, or 5 years of service coverage.
- Foundation Service: 9x5 service coverage with next business day onsite response.
- Essential Service: 24x7 service coverage with 4-hour onsite response.
- Managed Services
Lenovo Managed Services provide continuous 24x7 remote monitoring (plus 24x7 call center availability) and proactive management of a customer's data center using state of the art tools, systems, and practices by a team of highly skilled and experienced Lenovo services professionals. Quarterly reviews check error logs, verify firmware and operating system device driver levels, and software as needed. Lenovo will also maintain records of latest patches, critical updates, and firmware levels, to ensure customer's systems are providing business value through optimized performance.
- Technical Account Management (TAM)
A Lenovo Technical Account Manager helps customers optimize operations of their data centers based on a deep understanding of customer's business. Customers gain direct access to a Lenovo TAM, who serves as their single point of contact to expedite service requests, provide status updates, and furnish reports to track incidents over time. Also, a TAM helps proactively make service recommendations and manage service relationship with Lenovo to make certain that customer's needs are met.
- Health Check
Having a trusted partner who can perform regular and detailed health checks is central to maintaining efficiency and ensuring that customer systems and business are always running at their best. Health Check supports Lenovo-branded server, storage, and networking devices, as well as select Lenovo-supported products from other vendors that are sold by Lenovo or a Lenovo-Authorized Reseller.
Some regions might have different warranty terms and conditions than the standard warranty. This is due to local business practices or laws in the specific region. Local service teams can assist in explaining region-specific terms when needed. Examples of region-specific warranty terms are second or longer business day parts delivery or parts-only base warranty.
If warranty terms and conditions include onsite labor for repair or replacement of parts, Lenovo will dispatch a service technician to the customer site to perform the replacement. Onsite labor under base warranty is limited to labor for replacement of parts that have been determined to be field-replaceable units (FRUs). Parts that are determined to be customer-replaceable units (CRUs) do not include onsite labor under base warranty.
If warranty terms include parts-only base warranty, Lenovo is responsible for delivering only replacement parts that are under base warranty (including FRUs) that will be sent to a requested location for self-service. Parts-only service does not include a service technician being dispatched onsite. Parts must be changed at customer’s own cost and labor and defective parts must be returned following the instructions supplied with the spare parts.
Lenovo support services are region-specific. Not all support services are available in every region. For information about Lenovo support services that are available in a specific region, refer to the following resources:
- Service part numbers in Data Center Solution Configurator (DCSC):
- Lenovo Services Availability Locator
For service definitions, region-specific details, and service limitations, refer to the following documents:
- Lenovo Statement of Limited Warranty for Data Center Group (DCG) Servers and System Storage
- Lenovo Data Center Services Agreement
Lenovo Services is a dedicated partner to customer success. Lenovo's goal for customers is to reduce capital outlays, mitigate IT risks, and accelerate time to productivity.
Here is a more in-depth look at what Lenovo can do for their customers:
- Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services (ARS) helps customers recover the maximum value from their end-of-life equipment in a cost-effective and secure way. On top of simplifying the transition from old to new equipment, ARS mitigates environmental and data security risks associated with data center equipment disposal. Lenovo ARS is a cash-back solution for equipment based on its remaining market value, yielding maximum value from aging assets and lowering total cost of ownership for customers.
- Assessment Services
An assessment helps solve customer IT challenges through an onsite, multi-day session with a Lenovo technology expert. Lenovo performs a tools-based assessment which provides a comprehensive and thorough review of a company's environment and technology systems. In addition to the technology-based functional requirements, the consultant also discusses and records the non-functional business requirements, challenges, and constraints. Assessments help organizations, no matter how large or small, get a better return on their IT investment and overcome challenges in the ever-changing technology landscape.
- Design Services
Professional Services consultants perform infrastructure design and implementation planning to support customer's strategy. The high-level architectures provided by the assessment service are turned into low level designs and wiring diagrams, which are reviewed and approved prior to implementation. The implementation plan will demonstrate an outcome-based proposal to provide business capabilities through infrastructure with a risk-mitigated project plan.
- Basic Hardware Installation
Lenovo experts can seamlessly manage the physical installation of customer's server, storage, or networking hardware. Working at a time convenient for the customer (business hours or off shift), the technician will unpack and inspect the systems on customer site, install options, mount in a rack cabinet, connect to power and network, check and update firmware to the latest levels, verify operation, and dispose of the packaging, allowing customers to focus on other priorities.
- Deployment Services
When investing in new IT infrastructures, customers need to ensure that their business will see quick time to value with little to no disruption. Lenovo deployments are designed by development and engineering teams who know Lenovo products and solutions better than anyone else, and Lenovo technicians own the process from delivery to completion. Lenovo will conduct remote preparation and planning, configure and integrate systems, validate systems, verify and update appliance firmware, train on administrative tasks, and provide post-deployment documentation. Customer’s IT teams leverage Lenovo skills to enable IT staff to transform with higher level roles and tasks.
- Integration, Migration, and Expansion Services
Integration, Migration, and Expansion Services allow to move existing physical and virtual workloads easily, or to determine technical requirements to support increased workloads while maximizing performance. These services include tuning, validation, and documenting ongoing run processes, and they leverage migration assessment planning documents to perform necessary migrations.
Some service options may not be available in every region. For more information about Lenovo service offerings that are available in a specific region, contact a local Lenovo sales representative or business partner.
The ThinkSystem DM Series enclosures conform to the following regulations:
- United States: FCC Part 15, Class A; UL 60950-1
- Canada: ICES-003, Class A; CAN/CSA-C22.2 60950-1
- Mexico NOM
- European Union: CE Mark (EN55032 Class A, EN55024, IEC/EN60950-1); ROHS Directive 2011/65/EU
- Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus: EAC
- China: CCC GB 4943.1, GB 17625.1, GB 9254 Class A; CELP; CECP
- Japan: VCCI, Class A
- Taiwan: BSMI CNS 13438, Class A; CNS 14336-1
- Korea KN32/35, Class A
- Australia/New Zealand: AS/NZS CISPR 22 Class A
Lenovo provides end-to-end storage compatibility testing to deliver interoperability throughout the network. The ThinkSystem DM7000F Unified Flash Storage Array supports attachment to Lenovo servers by using NAS (NFS and CIFS/SMB), iSCSI, and Fibre Channel storage connectivity protocols.
For end-to-end storage configuration support, refer to the Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series Interoperability Matrix that can be found on the ThinkSystem DM7000F Documentation page on the Lenovo Data Center Support web site:
The following sections list adapters and Ethernet LAN and FC SAN switches that are currently offered by Lenovo that can be used with the ThinkSystem DM7000F Flash Storage Array in IT solutions:
Note: Tables that are provided in these sections are for ordering reference purposes only. End-to-end storage configuration support must be verified through the Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F Interoperability Matrix.
This section lists the adapters for the following types of storage connectivity:
- NAS and iSCSI connectivity
- Fibre Channel connectivity
NAS and iSCSI connectivity
The ThinkSystem DM7000F supports NAS and iSCSI attachments via standard 1 Gb, 10 Gb, and 40 Gb Ethernet connections (direct attach or switch-based). Any compatible Ethernet switch, including Lenovo ThinkSystem and RackSwitch Ethernet switches and embedded Flex System Ethernet I/O modules, can be used to provide NAS and iSCSI connectivity for the ThinkSystem DM7000F storage.
With software iSCSI initiators, any supported 1 Gb, 10 Gb, or 40 Gb Ethernet adapter for Lenovo servers is compatible with the ThinkSystem DM7000F NAS and iSCSI storage.
Fibre Channel connectivity
The ThinkSystem DM7000F supports FC switch-based attachments. Lenovo B Series and DB Series FC SAN switches and directors can be used to provide FC connectivity.
Currently available FC adapters for Lenovo servers that are compatible with the ThinkSystem DM7000F FC storage are listed in the following table. Other FC HBAs also might be supported (see the Interoperability Matrix for details).
|ThinkSystem HBAs: 32 Gb FC (8/16/32 Gb FC connectivity)|
|ThinkSystem Emulex LPe35000 32Gb 1-port PCIe Fibre Channel Adapter||4XC7A08250|
|ThinkSystem Emulex LPe35002 32Gb 2-port PCIe Fibre Channel Adapter||4XC7A08251|
|ThinkSystem Emulex LPe32000-M6-LP PCIe 32Gb 1-Port SFP+ Fibre Channel Adapter||7ZT7A00517|
|ThinkSystem Emulex LPe32002-M6-LP PCIe 32Gb 2-Port SFP+ Fibre Channel Adapter||7ZT7A00519|
|ThinkSystem QLogic QLE2740 PCIe 32Gb 1-Port SFP+ Fibre Channel Adapter||7ZT7A00516|
|ThinkSystem QLogic QLE2742 PCIe 32Gb 2-Port SFP+ Fibre Channel Adapter||7ZT7A00518|
|System x HBAs: 16 Gb FC|
|Emulex 16Gb Gen6 FC Single-port HBA (LPe31000)||01CV830|
|Emulex 16Gb Gen6 FC Dual-port HBA (LPe31002)||01CV840|
|Emulex 16Gb FC Single-port HBA (LPe16000)||81Y1655|
|Emulex 16Gb FC Dual-port HBA (LPe16002)||81Y1662|
|QLogic 16Gb Enhanced Gen5 FC Single-port HBA (QLE2690)||01CV750|
|QLogic 16Gb Enhanced Gen5 FC Dual-port HBA (QLE2692)||01CV760|
|QLogic 16Gb FC Single-port HBA (QLE2660)||00Y3337|
|QLogic 16Gb FC Dual-port HBA (QLE2662)||00Y3341|
|Flex System HBAs: 16 Gb FC|
|ThinkSystem Emulex LPm16002B-L Mezz 16Gb 2-Port Fibre Channel Adapter||7ZT7A00521|
|ThinkSystem Emulex LPm16004B-L Mezz 16Gb 4-Port Fibre Channel Adapter||7ZT7A00522|
|ThinkSystem QLogic QML2692 Mezz 16Gb 2-Port Fibre Channel Adapter||7ZT7A00520|
|Flex System FC5052 2-port 16Gb FC Adapter||95Y2386|
|Flex System FC5054 4-port 16Gb FC Adapter||95Y2391|
|Flex System FC5172 2-port 16Gb FC Adapter||69Y1942|
The following table lists the Ethernet storage switch that can be used with the ThinkSystem DM7000F Unified Hybrid Storage Array for cluster interconnect and MetroCluster IP configurations.
|BES-53248 Ethernet Storage Switch: 16x SFP ports and 2x QSFP ports active, 2 PS (CTO only)||7D2SCTO1WW|
For more information, see the BES-53248 Ethernet Storage Switch for Lenovo Product Guide:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Linux® is the trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Internet Explorer®, Microsoft®, Windows Server®, and Windows® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.