Lenovo Certified Configurations for Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct (S2D)Positioning Information
With the recent rapid growth and adoption of hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI), many customers in the public sector, enterprise, and service provider spaces are seeing the value of deploying Microsoft HCI solutions based on the Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) capability built into Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019.
The benefits of Lenovo® HCI solutions include:
- Highly available and scale-on-demand compute/storage integrated solutions
- Easy to provision new IT services and reduce deployment time
- Better performance and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Flexible infrastructure and data centers
This document provides background information regarding the Microsoft Windows Server Software-Defined (WSSD) program, as well as the benefits of deploying certified configurations based on the Lenovo ThinkAgile™ MX Certified Node. It also provides details of the current Lenovo certified configurations for Microsoft HCI, including processor, memory, network, and storage components included with each cluster node.
Table of Contents
Storage Spaces Direct certification overview
Lenovo certified configurations for Microsoft S2D
Lenovo network switches
To view the document, click the Download PDF button.
Changes in the November 2018 update:
- Added ThinkAgile MX Certified Node description and details
- Updated the layout for Table 1 on page 5 to improve readability
- Added single-port Mellanox NIC as an option if two single-port NICs are preferred
- Added section “2-Node configurations” on page 12 to provide additional detail for these configurations
- Added ThinkSystem 430-8i SAS/SATA 12Gb HBA for all-flash configurations
- Split storage device table into two tables, one for Hybrid Storage configs (Table 3 on page 15) and one for All-Flash configs (Table 4 on page 16)
- Added section “Storage device end of life” on page 17 to indicate devices nearing their end of life