Lenovo Certified Configurations for Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct (S2D)Positioning Information
With the recent rapid growth and adoption of hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI), many customers in the public sector, enterprise, and service provider spaces are seeing the value of deploying Microsoft HCI solutions based on the Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) capability built into Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019.
The benefits of Lenovo® HCI solutions include:
- Highly available and scale-on-demand compute/storage integrated solutions
- Easy to provision new IT services and reduce deployment time
- Better performance and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Flexible infrastructure and data centers
This document provides background information regarding the Microsoft Windows Server Software-Defined (WSSD) program, as well as the benefits of deploying certified configurations based on the Lenovo ThinkAgile™ MX Certified Node. It also provides details of the current Lenovo certified configurations for Microsoft HCI, including processor, memory, network, and storage components included with each cluster node.
Table of Contents
Storage Spaces Direct certification overview
Lenovo certified configurations for Microsoft S2D
Lenovo network switches
To view the document, click the Download PDF button.
Changes in the December 2018 update:
- Clarified the availability of ThinkAgile MX Certified Nodes configuration in the Lenovo Data Center Solution Configurator
- Removed configuration SH32T1a, since it is exactly the same as SH40T1a with fewer HDD capacity devices