Lenovo Certified Configurations for Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct (S2D)Positioning Information
With the recent rapid growth and adoption of hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI), many customers in the public sector, enterprise, and service provider space are seeing the value of deploying Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) HCI solutions.
The benefits of S2D HCI solutions include:
- Highly available and scale-on-demand compute/storage integrated solutions
- Easy to provision new IT services and reduce deployment time
- Better performance and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Flexible infrastructure and data centers
This document provides details of the current Lenovo® certified configurations for Microsoft S2D, including processor, memory, network, and storage components included with each cluster node. It also provides background information regarding the S2D certification process via the Microsoft Windows Server Software-Defined (WSSD) program, as well as the benefits of deploying Lenovo certified configurations for S2D.
Table of Contents
Storage Spaces Direct certification overview
Lenovo certified configurations for Microsoft S2D
Lenovo network switches
To view the document, click the Download PDF button.
Changes in the August 7 & 9 updates:
- Added Cavium/QLogic network adapter to the list of certified NICs
- Updated Nodes column in Table 1 on page 5, including 2-node and 16-node configurations
- Updated certified storage devices shown in Table 2 on page 13
- Updated processor selection criteria in the “Component selection” on page 11