Lenovo Certified Configurations for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI (S2D)Positioning Information
With the recent rapid growth and adoption of hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI), many customers in the public sector, enterprise, and service provider spaces are seeing the value of deploying Microsoft HCI solutions based on the Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) capability built into Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019.
The benefits of Lenovo® HCI solutions include:
- Highly available and scale-on-demand compute/storage integrated solutions
- Easy to provision new IT services and reduce deployment time
- Better performance and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Flexible infrastructure and data centers
This document provides background information regarding the Microsoft Windows Server Software-Defined (WSSD) program for Windows Server 2016 and the Microsoft Azure Stack HCI program for Windows Server 2019, as well as the benefits of deploying certified configurations based on the Lenovo ThinkAgile™ MX Certified Node. It also provides details of the current Lenovo certified configurations for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI, including processor, memory, network, and storage components included with each cluster node.
Table of Contents
Microsoft HCI certification overview
ThinkAgile MX Certified Node
Lenovo certified configurations for Microsoft S2D
Lenovo network switches
To view the document, click the Download PDF button.
Changes in the October 2019 update:
- Changed the document title to accurately reflect Microsoft’s change of “Storage Spaces Direct” to “Azure Stack HCI”
- Added multiple comments, mainly in “Component selection” on page 16, regarding the Lenovo ThinkSystem SE350, which has been certified for Azure Stack HCI, but is not yet offered as a ThinkAgile MX Certified Node