What's New - June 13, 2017Article
Today we announced new models of the ThinkServer TS460 and ThinkServer RS160, now with Intel Xeon E3-1200 v6 processors. We also announced several new solid-state drive options for System x, ThinkServer, Flex System, and NeXtScale servers. In this article, we list the documents that we've published that describe the features of the new offerings.
Lenovo ThinkServer TS460
The Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 is the ideal server for small and medium businesses, remote or branch offices, and retail environments. It features the latest Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v6 product family with four cores and support for up to 64 GB of 2400 MHz DDR4 UDIMM memory.
Up to 80 TB of internal enterprise-class storage supports storage-intensive workloads, such as office applications, web, e-mail and file and print serving, and provides growth capacity.
Learn more about the TS460 with the Lenovo Press product guide.
Lenovo ThinkServer RS160
The Lenovo ThinkServer RS160 is the ideal, value-priced, single-socket 1U rack solution for small and medium businesses that need optimized performance and flexibility for future growth. With support for the latest Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v6 product family and a memory capacity of up to 64 GB and internal storage of 20 TB, the RS160 is ideal for small- to medium-sized business, workgroups, distributed locations, and webscale workloads.
Learn more about the RS160 with the Lenovo Press product guide.
New SSD options
Lenovo announced the following solid-state drives (SSDs) for both ThinkServer systems and System x, Flex System and NeXtScale servers. Click the links to read about each SSD family:
- Lenovo Enterprise Performance 12G SAS SSDs (SS300)
- High endurance drives based on the HGST Ultrastar SS300 drives
- Available in 400 GB, 800 GB and 1.6 TB sizes
- Lenovo 5100 Enterprise Mainstream SATA SSDs
- Based on drives from the Micron 5100 PRO and Micron 5100 MAX product families
- Available in sizes ranging from 240 GB to 3.84 TB
- Lenovo 5100 Enterprise Entry SATA SSDs
- Based on drives from the Micron 5100 ECO drive family
- Available in sizes ranging from 480 GB to 3.84 TB
- Intel S3520 Enterprise Entry SATA SSD
- Based on the Intel S3520 drives
- New 800 GB capacity added to our existing S3520 offerings
We also updated server product guides to include each new supported drive:
- 1-socket rack servers
- 1-socket tower servers
- 2-socket rack servers
- 2-socket tower servers
- Mission-critical rack servers
- Blade servers
- Flex System PCIe Expansion Node
- Dense servers