Reference Architecture: Lenovo Client Virtualization with VMware Horizon on ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile VX ServersReference Architecture
This document is the reference architecture (RA) for the Lenovo Client Virtualization (LCV) solution using VMware Horizon on ThinkSystem servers. It should be read in conjunction with the LCV base reference architecture document. This RA describes the software components of the solution including VMware Horizon and the VMware ESXi hypervisor. The RA shows different operational models using Lenovo ThinkSystem servers, networking and storage products with guidance on how to size each part of the solution. Some examples of different deployment models are provided together with an appendix containing the bill of materials.
Table of Contents
Appendix: Bill of materials
To view the document, click the Download PDF button.
Changes in the June 10 update:
- Removed Windows 10 version 1803 results for Xeon SP Gen1 processors
- Added Windows 10 version 1909 and Horizon 7.11 results with Xeon SP Gen 2 processors for ThinkAgile VX Appliances, ThinkSystem SR850 and SR850P servers
- Added Windows 10 version 1909 and Horizon 7.11 results with Xeon SP Gen 1 processors for ThinkSystem SR630
- Removed DS6200 storage (withdrawn) and added information about DE and DM series storage arrays
- Added ThinkSystem SR635 and SR655 servers with AMD EPYC processors