What's New - May 23, 2017Article
Today we announced several new options. In this article, we list the documents that we've published that describe the features of the new offerings.
New server options
Lenovo has announced several server options. Key options are as follows (links are to relevant option product guides):
- Processors and memory:
- Intel Xeon Processor E5-2630L v4 10C 1.8GHz 25MB 2133MHz 55W
- Intel Xeon Processor E5-2650L v4 14C 1.7GHz 35MB 2400MHz 65W
- 16GB TruDDR4 Memory (2Rx8, 1.2V) PC4-19200 CL17 2400MHz LP RDIMM
- 32GB TruDDR4 Memory (4Rx4, 1.2V) PC4-19200 CL17 2400MHz LP LRDIMM
- Network adapters
- 2-5-inch NVMe drive families
- Flash Storage Adapter families
- NVMe Enterprise Mainstream Flash Adapter (Toshiba)
- Intel P3700 NVMe Enterprise Performance Flash Adapters - added 800GB capacity
- Embedded Virtualization - available only configure-to-order:
- Adapter for SD Media w/ VMware ESXi 6.5 (1 SD Media)
- Adapter for SD Media w/ VMware ESXi 6.5 (2 SD Media, RAIDed)
- USB Memory Key for VMware ESXi 6.5
- NVIDIA GPUs
- NVIDIA Tesla M10 GPU, PCIe (passive)
- NVIDIA Tesla P40 GPU, PCIe (passive)
- NVIDIA Tesla P100 16GB GPU PCIe (Passive)
We've also updated 19 server product guides and the PCIe Expansion Node product guide to indicate the support of these new options:
- 1-socket rack servers
- 1-socket tower servers
- 2-socket rack servers
- 2-socket tower servers
- Mission-critical rack servers
- Blade servers
- Flex System PCIe Expansion Node
- Dense servers
The Flex System Interoperability Guide has also been updated with the new support.
New Storage options
We announced three new drives for the Lenovo Storage D1212 and D1224 Drive Enclosures:
- Lenovo Storage 400GB 3DWD SAS SSD - Hybrid Tray
- Lenovo Storage 3.84TB 3DWD 2.5" SAS SSD
- Lenovo Storage 7.68TB 1DWD 2.5" SAS SSD
- Lenovo Storage 900GB 15K 2.5" SAS HDD
Operating System support
We also announced Lenovo support for the following operating systems across most of our current servers as well as many recently withdrawn servers:
- For current systems:
- VMware ESXi 6.0 U3
- For specific older systems with IBM firmware:
- Windows Server 2016
- VMware ESXi 6.5
- VMware ESXi 6.0 U2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2
Details about OS compatibility at the OS Interoperability Guide.
Intel® and Xeon® are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.
Linux® is the trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Windows Server® and Windows® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.