What's New - September 13 announcementsArticle
On September 13, Lenovo announced the ThinkServer RS160 single-socket rack server, the Lenovo Storage DX8200N powered by NexentaStor, the Lenovo Storage D1212 and D1224 Drive Enclosures, along with several server and storage options. In this article, we list the documents that we've published that describe the features of the new offerings.
The Lenovo ThinkServer RS160 is the ideal right-sized, value-priced, single-socket 1U rack solution for small and medium businesses that need optimized performance and flexibility for future growth. With support for a memory capacity of up to 64 GB and internal storage of 16 TB, the RS160 is ideal for small- to medium-sized business, workgroups, distributed locations, and webscale workloads.
The server has the following key differentiators:
- The RS160 offers enterprise-class management with an integrated ThinkServer Management Module.
- The RS160 chassis has a depth of only 16.2-inches (411 mm) and supports 4-post and 2-post racks, providing more flexibility when installing the server in your server room.
- The RS160 offers energy efficiency and serviceability features, such as 80 PLUS Gold certified power supplies and sliding rails, that are not typically found in the single-socket value servers.
Read more about the server in the ThinkServer RS160 Product Guide.
Lenovo Storage DX8200N
The Lenovo Storage DX8200N powered by NexentaStor provides an affordable, highly efficient and durable storage platform to meet the massive data growth. The DX8200N allows scaling up to hundreds of Terabytes of storage.
It provides unified file (NFS and SMB) and block (Fibre Channel and iSCSI) services and can be used for generic NAS file services and home directory storage, VMware cloud backend storage, OpenStack and CloudStack backend storage, and near-line archive and large scale backup repositories.
The Lenovo Storage DX8200N powered by NexentaStor solution is part of the Lenovo StorSelect Software Defined Storage (SDS) program, which provides quality, engineering expertise, and Lenovo’s worldwide global services. You can quickly and confidently deploy new SDS technologies using preloaded appliances with software from best-of-breed Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) on proven Lenovo systems.
Read more in the Lenovo Storage DX8200N product guide.
Lenovo Storage D1212 and D1224 Drive Enclosures
The Lenovo Storage D1212 and D1224 Disk Expansion Enclosures offer 12 Gbps SAS direct-attached storage expansion capabilities that are designed to provide simplicity, speed, scalability, security, and high availability for small to large businesses. The D1212 and D1224 deliver enterprise-class storage technology in a cost-effective solution with flexible drive configurations and RAID or JBOD (non-RAID) host connectivity.
The D1212 and D1224 expansion units are designed for a wide range of workloads, including big data and analytics, video surveillance, media streaming, private clouds, file and print serving, e-mail and collaboration, and databases. They also well-suited for software defined storage (SDS) and Windows Server solutions with Storage Spaces.
Read more in the Lenovo Storage D1212 and D1224 Drive Enclosures product guide.
New server options
Lenovo has announced several server options. Key options are as follows (links are to relevant option product guides):
- Intel Xeon Processor E5-2697A v4 16C 2.6GHz 40MB Cache 2400MHz 145W - new processor SKU for x3650 M5, x3550 M4 and nx360 M4
- Intel S3610 Enterprise Mainstream SATA SSDs - new family of System x drives
- 3.84TB Enterprise Capacity SSD - now available in 3.5-inch form factor for x3650 M5
- 800 GB and 1.6TB SAS SSDs now available in 3.5-inch form factor for x3650 M5
- 10TB NL SATA drives - new drives for System x and ThinkServer
- Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx 2x25GbE SFP28 Adapter - new 25 GbE adapter for System x
- Half High LTO Gen 6 Internal SAS Tape Drive
- NVidia Quadro M6000 24GB GPU
Lenovo also announced new options for our Storage offerings:
- New 10TB 3.5-inch drive options for Lenovo Storage S2200 and S3200
- New 1.92TB and 3.84TB 1DWD SSDs for Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 and V5030
As a result, we've updated key product guides:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Intel® and Xeon® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
Windows Server® and Windows® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.