What's New in June - X6 and sd350 servers, HX Series Nutanix Appliances, Lenovo Storage, and more!Article
This month, Lenovo announced the ThinkServer sd350 dense server with the new Intel Xeon E5 v4 processors, and the System x3850 X6 & x3950 X6 mission-critical servers with the new Intel Xeon E7 v4 processors. We also announced new Lenovo Storage offerings, new HX Series Nutanix Appliances, and several new options for our servers and switches. In this article, we list the documents that we've published that describe the features of the new servers, storage and options. We've published books, papers, product guides and videos.
More new products announced June 21:
More new products announced June 14:
- New Lenovo Storage V Series offerings
- New SSD options for ThinkServer
- New network adapters from Intel and Mellanox
- New FC HBAs from Emulex and QLogic
- Other new server options - USB keys, HDDs and NVIDIA GPUs
- New 40Gb transceiver and cables for switches
- New Power Distribution Units
This month, Lenovo announced the ThinkServer sd350 dense server and the System x3850 X6 & x3950 X6 mission-critical servers with the new Intel Xeon E7 v4 processors. We also announced new Lenovo Storage offerings, HX Series Nutanix Appliances, and several new options for our servers and switches. Here are the documents we've published.
The Lenovo ThinkServer sd350 is an ultradense and economical two-socket server in a 0.5U rack form factor. With four sd350 servers installed in the ThinkServer n400 enclosure, you have an ideal high-density 2U four-node (2U4N) platform for enterprise and cloud workloads.
Here are the documents we've published on the sd350:
- Product Guide
- Walk-though video
- 3D Interactive Tour
- New pages in the xREF Reference
- Additions to the Operating System Interop Guide
System x3850 X6 and x3950 X6
The System x3850 X6 four-socket server and x3950 X6 eight-socket rack servers deliver maximum performance and availability for business-critical applications and databases.
Now with Intel Xeon E7 v4 processors, these servers support for up to 192 processor cores, 12TB of system memory, and over 170TB of flash storage. The X6 servers are not only known for their leadership performance, but also for their ability to scale in order to power traditional databases as well as new in-memory database and analytics solutions.
Here are the documents on the X6 servers we have updated to include information on the new models, processors, memory and features:
- x3850 X6 product guide
- x3850 X6 video walkthrough
- x3950 X6 product guide
- x3950 X6 video walkthrough
- Lenovo System x3850 X6 and x3950 X6 Planning and Implementation Guide
- In-memory Computing with SAP HANA on Lenovo X6 Systems
- SAP Business Suite on Lenovo X6 Systems
- New x3850 X6 and x3950 X6 pages in the xREF Reference
- Additions to the Operating System Interop Guide
In addition, Lenovo announced that the x3850 X6 achieved 17 new performance world records, Here are the benchmark reports that list the #1 results (TPC-E, SPECjbb, STAC-M3) and a very competitive result (SAP SD):
- TPC-E Benchmark Result for System x3850 X6
- SPECjbb2015 Benchmark Result for System x3850 X6
- STAC-M3 Benchmark Result for System x3850 X6
- SAP SD Benchmark Result for System x3850 X6
New Lenovo Storage V Series
Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 and Lenovo Storage V5030 are the newest additions to the Lenovo Storage family of disk systems. By using Spectrum Virtualize software functions, interoperability, and management tools, these systems deliver innovation and new levels of storage efficiency with ease of use to enable organizations to overcome their storage challenges.
These storage systems feature full 12 Gbps SAS drive-side connectivity, and they support 1 Gb and 10 Gb iSCSI, 12 Gb SAS, 16 Gb Fibre Channel (FC), and 10 Gb Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) host connectivity.
For more information, refer to the following product guides for the just announced new storage offerings:
New HX Series Nutanix Appliances
Lenovo Converged HX Series Nutanix Appliances are designed to help you simplify IT infrastructure, reduce costs, and accelerate time to value. These hyperconverged appliances from Lenovo combine industry-leading hyperconvergence software from Nutanix with Lenovo data center platforms that feature the newest Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family.
Here are the new product guides on the HX Series appliances we have created:
New server options
This month, we also announced new options for System x and ThinkServer systems. All server product guides were updated with these options in addition to the new and updated options product guides listed below.
In our network adapter portfolio, we added the following adapters:
Storage host bus adapters
In our Fibre Channel HBA portfolio, we added the following new adapters:
We published a new paper on the Emulex offerings:
We also published two videos to help you understand the new FC HBAs:
Solid-state drives for ThinkServer
Lenovo added Samsung PM863 and Intel S3510 SSDs for ThinkServer 1P servers:
Other server options
Server product guides were also updated with the following components:
- All the new options listed above
- New USB Hypervisor Keys, preloaded with the Lenovo VMware ESXi 5.5 U3B and 6.0 U2 custom image
- New 12Gbps NL SAS 3.5" HDD options
- New NVIDIA Tesla and Quadro GPUs
New 40Gb transceiver and cables
Lenovo also announced a new 40Gb transceiver and new DAC cables, so we updated these product guides to reflect the new options:
- Lenovo Flex System Fabric SI4093 System Interconnect Module
- Lenovo Flex System Fabric CN4093 10Gb Converged Scalable Switch
- Lenovo Flex System Fabric EN4093R 10Gb Scalable Switch
- Lenovo RackSwitch G8332
- Lenovo RackSwitch G8296
- Lenovo RackSwitch G8272
- Lenovo RackSwitch G8264CS
- Lenovo RackSwitch G8264
New Power Distribution Units
Power distribution units
Lenovo announced new power distribution units (PDUs). As a result, we've updated our two PDU Quick Reference Guides:
The new PDUs added to these Quick Reference Guides are:
- 0U 12 C13/12 C19 Switched and Monitored 48A 3 Phase PDU
- 0U 36 C13/6 C19 24A 1 Phase PDU
- 0U 36 C13/6 C19 32A 1 Phase PDU
- 0U 21 C13/12 C19 32A 3 Phase PDU
- 0U 21 C13/12 C19 48A 3 Phase PDU
- 0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 32A 1 Phase PDU
- 0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 24A 1 Phase PDU
- 0U 18 C13/6 C19 Switched and Monitored 32A 3 Phase PDU
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/legal/copytrade/.
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
The following terms are trademarks of other companies:
Intel® and Xeon® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
TPC and TPC-E are trademarks of Transaction Processing Performance Council.
SPECjbb® is a trademark of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC).
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.