Lenovo B300 FC SAN SwitchProduct Guide
The Lenovo B300 FC SAN Switch provides small to medium-sized enterprises with Storage Area Network (SAN) connectivity that simplifies their IT management infrastructures, improves system performance, maximizes the value of virtual server deployments, and reduces overall storage costs.
This product guide provides essential pre-sales information to understand the Lenovo B300 offerings, their key features and specifications, components and options, and configuration guidelines.
This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, IT architects, and other IT professionals who want to learn more about the Lenovo B300 FC SAN Switch and consider its use in IT solutions.
Changes in the March 9 update:
- Added Network Advisor
- Updated Hardware warranty
- Updated External storage systems
- Updated Power distribution units
- Updated Rack cabinets
The Lenovo B300 FC SAN Switch (Machine Type 3873) provides small to medium-sized enterprises with Storage Area Network (SAN) connectivity that simplifies their IT management infrastructures, improves system performance, maximizes the value of virtual server deployments, and reduces overall storage costs.
The Lenovo B300 is a 1U rack-mount 8 Gb Fibre Channel switch with up to 24 ports (8 ports licensed by default; the remaining ports can be licensed in 8-port increments) that support 2/4/8 Gbps speeds. The switch offers a rich set of standard software features with the options to expand its capabilities as needed.
The Lenovo B300 features the EZSwitchSetup wizard and can be configured in Access Gateway Mode to simplify deployment. The switch provides full non-blocking performance with Ports On Demand scalability to support SAN expansion and enable long-term investment protection.
The following figure shows the Lenovo B300.
Figure 1. Lenovo B300
Did you know?
The Lenovo B300 leverages storage connectivity technologies from Brocade, the market share leader in Fibre Channel networking that is deployed in 90% of the Fortune 1000 data centers.
The Lenovo B300 offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV)-enabled Access Gateway that simplifies server connectivity in heterogeneous enterprise fabrics.
With flexible feature expansion capabilities — such as Ports-on-Demand scalability from 8 to 16 or 24 ports (in 8-port increments) — the Lenovo B300 enables organizations to start small and grow their storage networks in a non-disruptive manner.
With Lenovo FC SAN Switch offerings, Lenovo can be your trusted partner that offers "one stop shop" and single point of contact for delivery of leading edge technologies and innovations from Lenovo and other leading IT vendors. These offerings can satisfy the wide range of your end-to-end IT infrastructure needs, including handheld devices, notebooks, personal computers, servers, storage, networking, services, management software, and financing.
The Lenovo B300 FC SAN switch offers the following features and benefits:
- Provides an affordable, flexible foundation for entry-level SANs, and an edge switch for core-to-edge SAN environments.
- Delivers up to 24 ports of 8 Gbit/sec performance in an energy-efficient, optimized 1U form factor to support the most demanding server and virtual server deployments.
- Consumes less than 2.5 watts of power per port for exceptional power and cooling efficiency.
- Simplifies configuration and management with easy-to-use EZSwitch Setup.
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” scalability from single-switch fabric to full-fabric enterprise capabilities with Ports On Demand scalability from 8 to 16 or 24 ports in 8-port increments.
- Optimizes fabric behavior and ensures sufficient bandwidth for mission-critical applications with advanced traffic management capabilities and adaptive networking.
- Offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an NPIV-enabled Access Gateway (requires 24 ports be licensed) that enhances fabric scalability and simplifies management.
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec capabilities and native operation with Brocade and Brocade M-Series fabrics.
Runs Fabric OS, which delivers distributed intelligence throughout the network and enables a wide range of value-added features.
- Supplies a rich set of standard features at no extra cost, including fabric services, advanced zoning, adaptive networking, single-switch full fabric, access gateway operations, and diagnostic tools.
- Expands fabric capabilities with optional licensed functions, including multi-switch full fabric, trunking, advanced monitoring and alerting, and long-distance fabrics.
- Helps achieve higher availability with redundant cooling and nondisruptive software upgrades.
- Accelerates troubleshooting with built-in advanced diagnostics tools.
Components and connectors
The following figure shows the port side of the Lenovo B300.
Figure 2. Lenovo B300 port-side view
The following figure shows the non-port side of the Lenovo B300.
Figure 3. Lenovo B300 non-port-side view
The following table lists the Lenovo B300 system specifications.
|Form factor||Standalone or 1U rack mount|
|Ports||Up to 24 SFP/SFP+ ports. 8 ports licensed by default; up to two optional 8-port license packs. 8x 8 Gb FC SWL SFP+ transceivers included with the switch.|
|Media types||8 Gb FC SFP+ transceivers: short-wave (SW), long-wave (LW), extended long-wave (ELW).|
|Port speeds||2/4/8 Gbps auto-sensing, full-duplex (8 Gb FC SFP+ transceivers)|
|FC port types||
Full Fabric mode: FL_Port, F_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port). E_Port requires an optional license.Access Gateway mode: F_Port and NPIV-enabled N_Port.
|Data traffic types||Unicast (Class 2 and Class 3), multicast (Class 3 only), broadcast (Class 3 only).|
|Classes of service||Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames).|
|Standard software||Full Fabric mode (standalone: single-switch fabric), Access Gateway (requires 24 ports be licensed), Advanced Zoning, Adaptive Networking, Advanced Diagnostic Tools.|
|Optional software||Full Fabric E_Port (multi-switch fabric), ISL Trunking, Fabric Vision, Extended Fabric.|
|Performance||Non-blocking architecture with wire-speed forwarding of traffic:
|Cooling||Three 2+1 redundant non-hot-swap fans. Non-port to port side airflow.|
|Power supply||One fixed 75 W AC (100 - 240 V) power supply (IEC 320-C14 connector).|
|Hot-swap parts||SFP/SFP+ transceivers.|
|Management ports||One 10/100 Mb Ethernet port (UTP, RJ-45); one RS-232 port (RJ-45); one USB port (for additional firmware/log/configuration files storage).|
|Management interfaces||EZSwitch Setup; Web-based GUI (Web Tools); CLI; SMI-S; SNMP. Optional Brocade Network Advisor.|
|Security features||Secure Socket Layer (SSL); Secure Shell (SSH); Secure Copy (SCP); Secure FTP (SFTP); user level security, Role-based Access Control (RBAC); LDAP, RADIUS, and TACACS+ authentication; access control lists (ACLs); IP security (IPsec)|
|Hardware warranty||One-year customer-replaceable unit, parts-only warranty with 9x5 next business day terms. Optional warranty service upgrades are available through Lenovo: on-site coverage, 24x7 coverage, 2-hour or 4-hour response time, 1-year or 2-year warranty extensions, Remote Technical Support.|
|Software maintenance||Three-year software support and subscription license is included. Optional 1-year and 2-year software support extension licenses are available through Lenovo.|
|Dimensions||Height: 43 mm (1.7 in.); width: 429 mm (16.9 in.); depth: 307 mm (12.1 in.)|
|Weight||4.2 kg (9.3 lb) without SFPs.|
The following table lists the Lenovo B300 models.
|Description||Part number||Feature code (3873-HC4)|
|Lenovo B300, 8 ports activated w/ 8Gb SWL SFPs, 1 PS, Rail Kit||3873AR3||ATSM|
The Lenovo B300 part numbers include the following items:
- One FC SAN Switch with 8 ports activated and 8x 8 Gb FC SWL SFP+ transceivers included
- Serial cable (DB-9/RJ-45 to RJ-45)
- Rubber feet for setting up the switch as a standalone unit
- Fixed rack mount kit
- EZSwitch Setup CD
- Lenovo B300 QuickStart Guide
- Access Gateway Quick Start Guide
- Documentation CD
- Warranty information
Note: The switch comes standard without a power cord; it must be purchased together with the switch (see "Power supplies and cables" for details).
The Lenovo B300 comes standard with 8 licensed ports and 8x 8 Gb FC SWL SFP+ transceivers. The remaining unlicensed ports can be activated in 8-port increments by purchasing and installing the Ports on Demand (POD) bundles that include software licenses for eight ports and eight 8 Gb FC SWL SFP+ transceivers. By default, ports 0 through 7 are enabled on the Lenovo B300. To enable ports 8 through 15, install a POD license key. To enable ports 16 through 23, install another POD license.
The following table lists additional POD bundles for the Lenovo B300.
|Description||Part number||Feature code||Max qty
|Lenovo B300 8-port license w/ 8x 8G SWL SFP+||00WF814||ATSS||2|
If needed, the Lenovo B300 can be mounted in a rack cabinet by using the optional slide rack mount kit that is listed in the following table.
|Description||Part number||Feature code||Max qty
|Lenovo B300 Slide Rack Mount Kit||00MY794||ASKK||1|
Transceivers and cables
The Lenovo B300 comes with 8x 8 Gb FC SWL SFP+ transceivers, and the optional 8-port POD bundle comes with 8x 8 Gb FC SWL SFP+ transceivers. Additional SWL, LWL, and EWL SFP+ transceivers can be ordered for the switch, if needed. The following table lists the supported SFP+ options and optical cables.
|Description||Part number||Feature code||Max qty
|8 Gb FC SFP+ transceivers|
|Brocade 8Gb SW SFP+ Optical Transceiver||88Y6416||A2B9||24|
|Brocade 8Gb 10km LW SFP+ Transceiver||00MY764||ASK0||24|
|Brocade 8Gb 25km ELW SFP+ Transceiver||00MY766||ASK1||24*|
|Optical cables for 8 Gb and 16 Gb FC SW SFP+ transceivers|
|Lenovo 0.5m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN498||ASR5||24|
|Lenovo 1m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN502||ASR6||24|
|Lenovo 3m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN505||ASR7||24|
|Lenovo 5m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN508||ASR8||24|
|Lenovo 10m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN511||ASR9||24|
|Lenovo 15m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN514||ASRA||24|
|Lenovo 25m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN517||ASRB||24|
|Lenovo 30m LC-LC OM3 MMF Cable||00MN520||ASRC||24|
* When using ELW SFP+ transceivers over distances over 10 km, the Extended Fabric feature is required on a SAN switch to drive the maximum bandwidth over the extended links (see Table 7 for ordering information).
The following table lists the cabling requirements for the switch.
|8 Gb Fibre Channel|
|8 Gb FC SW SFP+ Module||Up to 30 m with fiber optic cables supplied by Lenovo (see Table 2); 850 nm OM3 multimode fiber (up to 150 m at 8 Gbps; up to 380 m at 4 Gbps; up to 500 m at 2 Gbps)||LC|
|8 Gb FC LW SFP+ Module||1310 nm single-mode fiber cable (9 µ) up to 10 km||LC|
|8 Gb FC ELW SFP+ Module||1310 nm single-mode fiber cable (9 µ) up to 25 km||LC|
|10/100 Mb Ethernet management port||UTP Category 5, 5E, and 6 up to 100 meters||RJ-45|
|RS-232 management port||DB-9/RJ-45-to-RJ-45 console cable (comes with the switch)||RJ-45|
The Lenovo B300 comes standard with the following software features:
- Advanced Fabric Services
- Full Fabric mode (standalone): Enables high performance 8 Gb switching in single-switch fabric.
- Advanced Zoning (default zoning, port/WWN zoning, broadcast zoning)
- Dynamic fabric provisioning (DFP): Fabric-assigned port World Wide Names (FA-PWWNs).
- Dynamic path selection (DPS): Distributes input traffic across multiple paths proportionally to the bandwidth of each path.
- Dynamic load sharing (DLS): Distributes traffic across multiple equivalent paths between switches.
- Fabric Shortest Path First (FSPF)
- Buffer-to-Buffer (BB) credit flow control
- Enhanced BB credit loss recovery
- Fabric Device Management Interface (FDMI)
- Frame order delivery
- Frame redirection
- FC login services
- Registered State Change Notification (RSCN)
- Reliable Commit Service (RCS)
- Simple Name Server (SNS)
- Fibre Channel Authentication Protocol (FCAP) switch authentication
- Management Server (MS): Assists in the auto-discovery of switch-based fabrics.
- Adaptive Networking
- Bottleneck detection: Identifies devices attached to the fabric that are slowing down traffic.
- Ingress rate limiting: Restricts the speed of traffic from a particular device to the switch port.
- Traffic isolation zoning (TIZ): Creates a dedicated path for traffic flowing from a specific set of source ports (F_Ports).
- Quality of Service (QoS): SID/DID traffic prioritization
- N_Port ID virtualization (NPIV): Enables a single FC port to appear as multiple, distinct ports with separate port identification within the fabric.
- Access Gateway (requires all 24 ports be licensed): Leverages NPIV to connect to any fabric without adding switch domains to reduce management complexity.
- IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Firmware upload and download
- Hot code load and activation
- Network Time Protocol (NTP) v3
- EZ Switch Setup Wizard
- Command line interface (CLI)
- Web Tools
- Brocade Network Advisor (purchased separately)
- SNMPv1, SNMPv3, and MIBs
- SMI-S compliant
- Local switch user accounts
- LDAP, RADIUS, TACACS+ user authentication
- Role-based access control (RBAC)
- Administrative Domains: Partition the fabric into logical groups and allocate administration of these groups to different user accounts
- IP Security (IPsec)
- IP filtering with access control lists (ACLs)
- Secure Copy (SCP)
- Secure RPC
- Secure FTP (SFTP)
- Secure Shell (SSH) v2
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 L2-compliant
- Advanced Diagnostic Tools
- Power-on self-test (POST)
- MAPS basic monitoring: Monitors system resources and overall switch health status.
- Event logging
- Environmental monitoring
- Pathinfo (FC traceroute)
- Non-disruptive daemon restart
- Port mirroring
- Port fencing: Disables a port if specified error conditions are met.
- RAS trace logging
The following optional software features are available for the Lenovo B300:
- Full Fabric E_Port: Enables connectivity to multi-switch fabrics.
- ISL Trunking: Allows frame-based consolidation of up to 8 inter-switch links (ISLs) into fault-tolerant and load-balanced trunks with bandwidth of up to 64 Gbps.
- Fabric Vision
- Monitoring and Alerting Policy Suite (MAPS): Provides a policy-based, fabric-wide threshold monitoring and alerting tool.
- Flow Vision: Allows to identify, monitor, and analyze specific application flows.
- Extended Fabric: Extends Fibre Channel SANs beyond 10 km distance limitations for replication and backup at full bandwidth.
The following table lists ordering information for the optional software features for the Lenovo B300 (one software license per switch).
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|Lenovo B300 S/W, Full Fabric (EPORT Upgrade)||00MY810||ASKA|
|Lenovo B300/6505 S/W, ISL Trunking||00MY787||ASK7|
|Lenovo B300/6505 S/W, Fabric Vision||00MY788||ASK8|
|Lenovo B300/6505 S/W, Extended Fabric||00MY789||ASK9|
|Lenovo B300/6505 S/W, Enterprise Bundle (TRK, FV, EF)*||00MY790||ASKB|
* Enterprise Bundle includes ISL Trunking, Fabric Vision, and Extended Fabric licenses.
Software subscription and maintenance is included with the Lenovo B300 and provides 3-year software support with the option to extend it up to 7 years in 1-year or 2-year increments.
Ordering information for the software maintenance extension options is listed in the following table.
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|Lenovo B300 FC SAN FW Renewal, 1-Year||00YH944||ATW5|
|Lenovo B300 FC SAN FW Renewal, 2-Year||00YH945||ATW6|
Lenovo offers optional Brocade Network Advisor, a fabric management application, to efficiently manage the network operations lifecycle, including monitoring, diagnostics, change management, and troubleshooting.
Lenovo offers the following Network Advisor editions:
- Network Advisor Professional Plus: A SAN management application designed for mid-sized SANs for managing up to 36 physical or virtual fabrics and up to 2,560 switch ports.
- Network Advisor Enterprise: A SAN management application designed for enterprise-class SANs for managing up to 100 physical or virtual fabrics and up to 15,000 switch ports.
Brocade Network Advisor supports the a wide variety of Brocade SAN offerings, including Lenovo B300, B6505, B6510, FC5022, and more. For a complete list of supported products and edition features, refer to the Brocade Network Advisor Installation and Migration Guide:
The following table lists ordering information for the optional Brocade Network Advisor management application.
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|Brocade Network Advisor - SAN Professional Plus License||01KP108||AVK4|
|Brocade Network Advisor - SAN Enterprise License||01KP105||AVK3|
|Brocade Network Advisor - SAN Upgrade Prof. Plus to Enterprise Lic.||01KP111||AVK5|
Fibre Channel standards
The Lenovo B300 supports the following standards:
- FC-AL-2 INCITS 332: 1999
- FC-BB-2 INCITS 372: 2003
- FC-BB-3 INCITS 414: 2006
- FC-DA INCITS TR-36: 2004
- FC-FLA INCITS TR-20: 1998
- FC-FS INCITS 373: 2003
- FC-FS-2 ANSI/INCITS 424:2006
- FC-GS-4 ANSI INCITS 387: 2004
- FC-GS-5 ANSI INCITS 427:2007
- FC-IFR INCITS 1745-D, revision 1.03 (under development)
- FC-LS INCITS 433: 2007
- FC-MI-2 ANSI/INCITS TR-39-2005
- FCP-2 INCITS 350: 2003 (replaces FCP ANSI X3.269: 1996)
- FC-PI INCITS 352: 2002
- FC-PI-2 INCITS 404: 2005
- FC-PI-4 INCITS 1647-D, revision 7.1 (under development)
- FC-PLDA INCIT S TR-19: 1998
- FC-SB-3 INCITS 374: 2003 (replaces FC-SB ANSI X3.271: 1996; FC-SB-2 INCITS 374: 2001)
- FC-SP INCITS 426-2007
- FC-SP-2 INCITS 496-2012
- FC-SW-3 INCITS 384: 2004
- FC-SW-4 INCITS 418:2006
- FC-TAPE INCITS TR-24: 1999
- FC-VI INCITS 357: 2002
- MIB-FA INCITS TR-32: 2003
- RFC 2625 IP and ARP Over FC
- RFC 2837 Fabric Element MIB
- SNIA Storage Management Initiative Specification (SMI-S) Version 1.03 ISO standard IS24775-2006. Replaces (ANSI INCITS 388: 2004)
- SNIA Storage Management Initiative Specification (SMI-S) Version 1.1
- SNIA Storage Management Initiative Specification (SMI-S) Version 1.2
Power supplies and cables
The Lenovo B300 has one fixed 75 W AC power supply with an IEC 320-C14 connector. The switch comes standard without a power cord; one rack power cable or country-specific line cord must be ordered together with the switch (see the following table).
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|Rack power cables|
|1.5m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||39Y7937||6201|
|1.8m, 10A/100-250V, 2xC13PM to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||None*||6568|
|2.8m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||None*||6311|
|2.8m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C20 Rack Power Cable||39Y7938||6204|
|4.3m, 10A/100-250V, C13 to IEC 320-C14 Rack Power Cable||39Y7932||6263|
|Country-specific line cords|
|10A/125V C13 to NEMA 5-15P 4.3m line cord||39Y7931||6207|
|10A/250V C13 to NEMA 6-15P 2.8m line cord||46M2592||A1RF|
|Argentina 10A/250V C13 to IRAM 2073 2.8m line cord||39Y7930||6222|
|Australia/NZ 10A/250V C13 to AS/NZ 3112 2.8m line cord||39Y7924||6211|
|Brazil 10A/125V C13 to NBR 6147 2.8m line cord||39Y7929||6223|
|China 10A/250V C13 to GB 2099.1 2.8m line cord||39Y7928||6210|
|Denmark 10A/250V C13 to DK2-5a 2.8m line cord||39Y7918||6213|
|European 10A/230V C13 to CEE7-VII 2.8m line cord||39Y7917||6212|
|India 10A/250V C13 to IS 6538 2.8m line cord||39Y7927||6269|
|Israel 10A/250V C13 to SI 32 2.8m line cord||39Y7920||6218|
|Italy 10A/250V C13 to CEI 23-16 2.8m line cord||39Y7921||6217|
|Japan 12A/125V C13 to JIS C-8303 2.8m line cord||46M2593||A1RE|
|Korea 12A/250V C13 to KETI 2.8m line cord||39Y7925||6219|
|South Africa 10A/250V C13 to SABS 164 2.8m line cord||39Y7922||6214|
|Switzerland 10A/250V C13 to SEV 1011-S24507 2.8m line cord||39Y7919||6216|
|Taiwan 10A/250V C13 to CNS 10917-3 2.8m line cord||00CG265||A53E|
|Taiwan 15A/125V C13 to CNS 10917-3 2.8m line cord||00CG267||A53F|
|United Kingdom 10A/250V C13 to BS 1363/A 2.8m line cord||39Y7923||6215|
* Available for factory-built custom configurations and solutions only.
The Lenovo B300 has the following dimensions and weight (approximate):
- Height: 43 mm (1.7 in.)
- Width: 429 mm (16.9 in.)
- Depth: 307 mm (12.1 in.)
- Weight (without SFPs): 4.2 kg (9.3 lb)
The Lenovo B300 is supported in the following environment:
- Air temperature:
- Operating: 0°C to +40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Non-operating: -25°C to +70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
- Maximum altitude:
- Operating: 3,000 m (9,842 ft)
- Non-operating: 12,000 m (39,370 ft)
- Operating: 10% to 85% at 40°C (104°F), with maximum gradient of 10% per hour
- Non-operating: 10% to 90% at 70°C (158°F)
- Electrical power:
- Voltage range: 100 V AC - 240 V AC (nominal)
- Frequency: 50 Hz - 60 Hz (nominal)
- Power consumption:
- Nominal: 48 watts
- Maximum (with 24 ports at 8 Gbps): 57 watts
- Heat dissipation: 195 BTU per hour
- Acoustical noise emission: 46.7 dB
The Lenovo B300's hardware has a one-year Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU) parts-only warranty with 9x5/next business day (NBD) terms. Lenovo offers the service upgrades through warranty maintenance upgrades and post-warranty maintenance agreements with a well-defined scope of services, including service hours, response time, term of service, and service agreement terms and conditions.
Lenovo warranty service upgrade offerings are country-specific; that is, each country might have its own service types, service levels, response times, and terms and conditions. Not all covered types of warranty service upgrades might be available in a particular country or area. For more information about Lenovo warranty service upgrade offerings that are available in your country, refer to the Data Center Advisor and Configurator (DCACT; formerly known as LESC):
The warranty service definitions for the Lenovo B300 are listed in the following table.
|On-site service||A service technician arrives at the client’s location for equipment service.|
|24x7x2 hour||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location within two hours after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service around the clock, every day, including Lenovo holidays.|
|24x7x4 hour||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location within four hours after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service around the clock, every day, including Lenovo holidays.|
|9x5x4 hour||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location within four business hours after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service 8:00 am - 5:00 pm in the client's local time zone, Monday - Friday, excluding Lenovo holidays. For example, if a customer reports an incident at 3:00 pm on Friday, the technician will arrive by 10:00 am the following Monday.|
|9x5 next business day||A service technician is scheduled to arrive at the client’s location on the business day after remote problem determination is completed. Lenovo provides service 8:00 am - 5:00 pm in the client's local time zone, Monday - Friday, excluding Lenovo holidays. Calls received after 4:00 pm local time require an extra business day for service dispatch. Next business day service is not guaranteed.|
In general, the following types of Lenovo warranty service upgrades for the Lenovo B300 are available:
- Warranty and maintenance service upgrades:
- Onsite support for 9x5 NBD coverage
- One, three, four, or five years of 9x5 or 24x7 service coverage
- Onsite response from next business day to four or two hours
- Up to five years of warranty extension for all service levels in one or two year increments
- Remote Technical Support Services (RTS) - 1 or 3 years
RTS provides comprehensive technical call center support. RTS can reduce problem resolution time, which decreases the cost to address technical problems and increases uptime.
The Lenovo B300 conforms to the following regulations:
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- FCC Part 15, Subpart B (Class A)
- EN 55022 (Class A)
- EN 55024
- ICES-003 (Class A)
- VCCI (Class A)
- KN22 and KN24
- GB 9254-2008
- CNS 13438
- UL/CSA 60950-1
- EN 60950-1
- IEC 60950-1
- GB 4943.1-2011
- CNS 14336-1:99
- EU RoHS
Fibre Channel SAN switches
The following table lists the FC SAN switches that are offered by Lenovo that can be used with the Lenovo B300 in FC SAN solutions.
|Rack-mount switches - 8 Gb FC|
|Lenovo B6505, 12 ports activated w/ 8Gb SWL SFPs, 1 PS, Rail Kit||3873AR4|
|Lenovo B6510, 24 ports activated w/ 8Gb SWL SFPs, 2 PS, Rail Kit||3873BR2|
|Rack-mount switches - 16 Gb FC|
|Lenovo B6505, 12 ports activated w/ 16Gb SWL SFPs, 1 PS, Rail Kit||3873AR5|
|Lenovo B6510, 24 ports activated w/ 16Gb SWL SFPs, 2 PS, Rail Kit||3873BR3|
|Embedded FC SAN modules for Flex System - 16 Gb FC|
|Lenovo Flex System FC5022 16Gb SAN Scalable Switch||88Y6374|
|Lenovo Flex System FC5022 24-port 16Gb SAN Scalable Switch (includes two 16 Gb SFPs)||00Y3324|
|Lenovo Flex System FC5022 24-port 16Gb ESB SAN Scalable Switch||90Y9356|
|Embedded FC SAN modules for Flex System - 8 Gb FC|
|Lenovo Flex System FC3171 8Gb SAN Switch*||69Y1930|
|Lenovo Flex System FC3171 8Gb SAN Pass-thru||69Y1934|
|Embedded FC SAN modules for BladeCenter - 8 Gb FC|
|Brocade 20-port 8Gb SAN Switch Module for BladeCenter||44X1920|
|Brocade Enterprise 20-port 8Gb SAN Switch Module for BladeCenter||42C1828|
* Supported only in Pass-thru mode with the Lenovo B300.
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the following categories:
External storage systems
The following table lists the external storage systems that are currently offered by Lenovo that can be used in Lenovo FC SAN storage solutions.
|Lenovo Storage S Series|
|Lenovo Storage S2200 LFF Chassis FC/iSCSI Single Controller, Rack Kit, 9x5NBD||64114B1|
|Lenovo Storage S2200 LFF Chassis FC/iSCSI Dual Controller, Rack Kit, 9x5NBD||64114B2|
|Lenovo Storage S2200 SFF Chassis FC/iSCSI Single Controller, Rack Kit, 9x5NBD||64114B3|
|Lenovo Storage S2200 SFF Chassis FC/iSCSI Dual Controller, Rack Kit, 9x5NBD||64114B4|
|Lenovo Storage S3200 LFF Chassis FC/iSCSI Single Controller, Rack Kit, 9x5NBD||64116B1|
|Lenovo Storage S3200 LFF Chassis FC/iSCSI Dual Controller, Rack Kit, 9x5NBD||64116B2|
|Lenovo Storage S3200 SFF Chassis FC/iSCSI Single Controller, Rack Kit, 9x5NBD||64116B3|
|Lenovo Storage S3200 SFF Chassis FC/iSCSI Dual Controller, Rack Kit, 9x5NBD||64116B4|
|Lenovo Storage V Series|
|Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 LFF Control Enclosure||6535C1D|
|Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 LFF Control Enclosure (TopSeller)||6535EC1|
|Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 SFF Control Enclosure||6535C2D|
|Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 SFF Control Enclosure (TopSeller)||6535EC2|
|Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 XP LFF Control Enclosure||6535C3D|
|Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 XP LFF Control Enclosure (TopSeller)||6535EC3|
|Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 XP SFF Control Enclosure||6535C4D|
|Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 XP SFF Control Enclosure (TopSeller)||6535EC4|
|Lenovo Storage V5030 LFF Control Enclosure 3Yr S&S||6536C12|
|Lenovo Storage V5030 LFF Control Enclosure 5Yr S&S||6536C32|
|Lenovo Storage V5030 SFF Control Enclosure 3Yr S&S||6536C22|
|Lenovo Storage V5030 SFF Control Enclosure 5Yr S&S||6536C42|
|Lenovo Storage V5030F SFF Control Enclosure 3Yr S&S||6536B1F|
|Lenovo Storage V5030F SFF Control Enclosure 5Yr S&S||6536B2F|
|IBM Storwize for Lenovo|
|IBM Storwize V3500 3.5-inch Dual Control Storage Controller Unit||6096CU2**|
|IBM Storwize V3500 2.5-inch Dual Control Storage Controller Unit||6096CU3**|
|IBM Storwize V3700 3.5-inch Storage Controller Unit||6099L2C|
|IBM Storwize V3700 2.5-inch Storage Controller Unit||6099S2C|
|IBM Storwize V3700 2.5-inch DC Storage Controller Unit||6099T2C|
|IBM Storwize V5000 LFF Control Enclosure, w/3 Yr S&S||6194L2C†|
|IBM Storwize V5000 LFF Control Enclosure, w/3 Yr S&S (LA)||6194L2L‡|
|IBM Storwize V5000 LFF Control Enclosure, w/5 Yr S&S||61941A1†|
|IBM Storwize V5000 LFF Control Enclosure, w/5 Yr S&S (LA)||61941AL‡|
|IBM Storwize V5000 SFF Control Enclosure, w/3 Yr S&S||6194S2C†|
|IBM Storwize V5000 SFF Control Enclosure, w/3 Yr S&S (LA)||6194S2L‡|
|IBM Storwize V5000 SFF Control Enclosure, w/5 Yr S&S||61941C1†|
|IBM Storwize V5000 SFF Control Enclosure, w/5 Yr S&S (LA)||61941CL‡|
|IBM Storwize V7000 2.5-inch Storage Controller Unit, w/3 Yr S&S (Model 524)||6195SC5†|
|IBM Storwize V7000 2.5-inch Storage Controller Unit, w/3 Yr S&S (LA) (Model 524)||6195SCL‡|
|IBM Storwize V7000 2.5-inch Storage Controller Unit, w/5 Yr S&S (Model 524)||61951F1†|
|IBM Storwize V7000 2.5-inch Storage Controller Unit, w/5 Yr S&S (LA) (Model 524)||61951FL‡|
|IBM Storwize V7000 SFF Control Enclosure, 3YR SWMA (Model HC1 [Gen2+])||6195C32†|
|IBM Storwize V7000 SFF Control Enclosure, 3YR SWMA, LA (Model HC1 [Gen2+])||6195C3L‡|
|IBM Storwize V7000 SFF Control Enclosure, 5YR SWMA (Model HC1 [Gen2+])||6195C52†|
|IBM Storwize V7000 SFF Control Enclosure, 5YR SWMA, LA (Model HC1 [Gen2+])||6195C5L‡|
* x represents a geo-specific letter (for example: U = North America, G = EMEA). Ask a Lenovo representative for specifics.
** Available only in China.
† Available worldwide except Latin America.
‡ Available only in Latin America.
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the following categories:
External backup units
The following table lists the external backup options that are offered by Lenovo that can be used in Lenovo FC SAN solutions.
|External tape backup libraries|
|IBM TS3100 Tape Library Model L2U||61732UL|
|IBM TS3200 Tape Library Model L4U||61734UL|
|Fibre Channel backup drives for TS3100 and TS3200 Tape Libraries|
|6173 LTO Ultrium 5 Fibre Channel Drive||00NA107|
|6173 LTO Ultrium 5 Half High Fibre Drive Sled||00NA113|
|6173 LTO Ultrium 6 Fibre Channel Drive||00NA115|
|6173 LTO Ultrium 6 Half High Fibre Drive Sled||00NA119|
|6173 LTO Ultrium 7 Fibre Channel Drive||00WF765|
|6173 LTO Ultrium 7 Half High Fibre Drive Sled||00WF769|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Backup Units category:
The following table lists the rack cabinets that are offered by Lenovo that can be used in Lenovo FC SAN solutions.
|25U S2 Standard Rack (1000 mm deep; 2 sidewall compartments)||93072RX|
|25U Static S2 Standard Rack (1000 mm deep; 2 sidewall compartments)||93072PX|
|42U S2 Standard Rack (1000 mm deep; 6 sidewall compartments)||93074RX|
|42U 1100mm Enterprise V2 Dynamic Rack (6 sidewall compartments)||93634PX|
|42U 1100mm Enterprise V2 Dynamic Expansion Rack (6 sidewall compartments)||93634EX|
|42U 1200mm Deep Dynamic Rack (6 sidewall compartments)||93604PX|
|42U 1200mm Deep Static Rack (6 sidewall compartments)||93614PX|
|42U Enterprise Rack (1105 mm deep; 4 sidewall compartments)||93084PX|
|42U Enterprise Expansion Rack (1105 mm deep; 4 sidewall compartments)||93084EX|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Rack cabinets category:
Power distribution units
The following table lists the power distribution units (PDUs) that are offered by Lenovo that can be used in Lenovo FC SAN solutions.
|0U Basic PDUs|
|0U 36 C13/6 C19 24A/200-240V 1 Phase PDU with NEMA L6-30P line cord||00YJ776|
|0U 36 C13/6 C19 32A/200-240V 1 Phase PDU with IEC60309 332P6 line cord||00YJ777|
|0U 21 C13/12 C19 32A/200-240V/346-415V 3 Phase PDU with IEC60309 532P6 line cord||00YJ778|
|0U 21 C13/12 C19 48A/200-240V 3 Phase PDU with IEC60309 460P9 line cord||00YJ779|
|Switched and Monitored PDUs|
|0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 24A/200-240V/1Ph PDU w/ NEMA L6-30P line cord||00YJ781|
|0U 20 C13/4 C19 Switched and Monitored 32A/200-240V/1Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 332P6 line cord||00YJ780|
|0U 18 C13/6 C19 Switched / Monitored 32A/200-240V/346-415V/3Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 532P6 cord||00YJ782|
|0U 12 C13/12 C19 Switched and Monitored 48A/200-240V/3Ph PDU w/ IEC60309 460P9 line cord||00YJ783|
|1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU (without line cord)||46M4002|
|1U 9 C19/3 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3Ph PDU with IEC 309 3P+Gnd cord||46M4003|
|1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored DPI PDU (without line cord)||46M4004|
|1U 12 C13 Switched and Monitored 60A 3 Phase PDU with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord||46M4005|
|Ultra Density Enterprise PDUs (9x IEC 320 C13 + 3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU Module (without line cord)||71762NX|
|Ultra Density Enterprise C19/C13 PDU 60A/208V/3ph with IEC 309 3P+Gnd line cord||71763NU|
|C13 Enterprise PDUs (12x IEC 320 C13 outlets)|
|DPI C13 Enterprise PDU+ (without line cord)||39M2816|
|DPI Single Phase C13 Enterprise PDU (without line cord)||39Y8941|
|C19 Enterprise PDUs (6x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|DPI Single Phase C19 Enterprise PDU (without line cord)||39Y8948|
|DPI 60A 3 Phase C19 Enterprise PDU with IEC 309 3P+G (208 V) fixed line cord||39Y8923|
|Front-end PDUs (3x IEC 320 C19 outlets)|
|DPI 30amp/125V Front-end PDU with NEMA L5-30P line cord||39Y8938|
|DPI 30amp/250V Front-end PDU with NEMA L6-30P line cord||39Y8939|
|DPI 32amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord||39Y8934|
|DPI 60amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord||39Y8940|
|DPI 63amp/250V Front-end PDU with IEC 309 2P+Gnd line cord||39Y8935|
|Universal PDUs (7x IEC 320 C13 outlets)|
|DPI Universal 7 C13 PDU (with 2 m IEC 320-C19 to C20 rack power cord)||00YE443|
|NEMA PDUs (6x NEMA 5-15R outlets)|
|DPI 100-127V PDU with fixed NEMA L5-15P line cord||39Y8905|
|Line cords for PDUs that ship without a line cord|
|DPI 30a Line Cord (NEMA L6-30P)||40K9614|
|DPI 32a Line Cord (IEC 309 P+N+G)||40K9612|
|DPI 32a Line Cord (IEC 309 3P+N+G)||40K9611|
|DPI 60a Cord (IEC 309 2P+G)||40K9615|
|DPI 63a Cord (IEC 309 P+N+G)||40K9613|
|DPI Australian/NZ 3112 Line Cord (32A)||40K9617|
|DPI Korean 8305 Line Cord (30A)||40K9618|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Power Distribution Units category:
Uninterruptible power supply units
The following table lists the uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units that are offered by Lenovo that can be used in Lenovo FC SAN solutions.
|RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)||55941AX|
|RT1.5kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)||55941KX|
|RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)||55942AX|
|RT2.2kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)||55942KX|
|RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (100-125VAC)||55943AX|
|RT3kVA 2U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)||55943KX|
|RT5kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)||55945KX|
|RT6kVA 3U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)||55946KX|
|RT8kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)||55948KX|
|RT11kVA 6U Rack or Tower UPS (200-240VAC)||55949KX|
|RT8kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)||55948PX|
|RT11kVA 6U 3:1 Phase Rack or Tower UPS (380-415VAC)||55949PX|
For more information, see the list of Product Guides in the Uninterruptible Power Supply Units category:
Lenovo Financial Services
Lenovo Financial Services reinforces Lenovo’s commitment to deliver pioneering products and services that are recognized for their quality, excellence, and trustworthiness. Lenovo Financial Services offers financing solutions and services that complement your technology solution anywhere in the world.
We are dedicated to delivering a positive finance experience for customers like you who want to maximize your purchase power by obtaining the technology you need today, protect against technology obsolescence, and preserve your capital for other uses.
We work with businesses, non-profit organizations, governments and educational institutions to finance their entire technology solution. We focus on making it easy to do business with us. Our highly experienced team of finance professionals operates in a work culture that emphasizes the importance of providing outstanding customer service. Our systems, processes and flexible policies support our goal of providing customers with a positive experience.
We finance your entire solution. Unlike others, we allow you to bundle everything you need from hardware and software to service contracts, installation costs, training fees, and sales tax. If you decide weeks or months later to add to your solution, we can consolidate everything into a single invoice.
Our Premier Client services provide large accounts with special handling services to ensure these complex transactions are serviced properly. As a premier client, you have a dedicated finance specialist who manages your account through its life, from first invoice through asset return or purchase. This specialist develops an in-depth understanding of your invoice and payment requirements. For you, this dedication provides a high-quality, easy, and positive financing experience.
For your region specific offers please ask your Lenovo sales representative or your technology provider about the use of Lenovo Financial Services. For more information, see the following Lenovo website:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following: