Lenovo Scalable InfrastructureDatasheet
Take the complexity out of complex solutions
Solutions Made Simple
Lenovo Scalable Infrastructure (LeSI) is a fulfillment framework for designing, manufacturing, integrating, and delivering data center solutions, with a focus on high performance computing (HPC), technical computing, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) environments.
LeSI lets you focus on maximizing business value instead of the complexities of configuring, setting up, and optimizing the hardware and software. The process begins with interoperability testing that creates Lenovo’s "best recipe" configuration and continues with an innovative solution design based on your unique requirements.
After that, the solution goes through factory integration testing. The process doesn't end until we deliver (and optionally install) the complete, customized, ready-to-run IT solution for your data center.
De-risk Your Deployment
Lenovo Scalable Infrastructure minimizes the effort of putting solutions into production through a rigorous process that includes:
- Component Interoperability – LeSI solutions are built on industry-leading Lenovo and OEM hardware, software, and firmware components. Lenovo thoroughly tests and optimizes all LeSI components together as a complete solution for reliability, interoperability, and maximum performance.
- Solution Design and Assurance – LeSI solutions are designed and configured by a team of experts to optimally address each client’s unique business needs. The solutions are first built virtually within an industry-leading solution configurator, and after the configuration is completed, a development and engineering review process validates the feasibility of the solution.
- Factory Integration – LeSI solution hardware is pre-loaded with optimized firmware, pre-integrated and pre-cabled in the rack, then tested at the rack level to minimize risk at installation time.
- Onsite Setup – LeSI solutions can range in size from a small cluster with several nodes, to a massive supercomputer with many thousands of nodes across hundreds of racks.
- Post-Install Support – Once your LeSI cluster is installed and operating, it is supported by Lenovo as a single entity, not a collection of components.
|Bill of Material|
|Lenovo Servers||ThinkSystem SD530, ThinkSystem SD650, ThinkSystem SR630, ThinkSystem SR650, ThinkSystem SR655, ThinkSystem SR670, ThinkSystem SR850, ThinkSystem SR860, ThinkSystem SR950|
|Lenovo Storage||D1224 Drive Enclosure, D3284 External High Density Drive Expansion Enclosure|
Mellanox InfiniBand Fabric
Intel® Omni-Path Fabric 100 Series
|Racks and More||
IntraRack Cable Service
|Operating Systems||Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, CentOS|
|Lenovo Software||Lenovo Intelligent Computing Orchestration (LiCO)|
|OEM Software||IBM® Spectrum Scale™, Excelero|
|OSS Software||xCat/Confluent, Antilles|
|Scalability||Individual configuration based on the components above scaling from single to 10,000s of systems|
|Warranty||3-year parts, customer replaceable unit (CRU) or on-site labor, limited warranty, with individual nodes retaining the warranty and service upgrade offerings for that machine type; optional warranty service upgrades. Support is 9x5, next business day|
Solutions Support and Warranty
LeSI clusters come with a three-year warranty and offer solution-level interoperability support while under warranty/maintenance. Interoperability support is based on a "best recipe" release of software and firmware levels that Lenovo warrants to work seamlessly together as a fully integrated data center solution.
Warranty services upgrades and post-warranty upgrades are available to ensure uninterrupted coverage to match the planned life of your system. Lenovo offers a wide range of flexible warranty maintenance upgrades and post-warranty maintenance agreements, including enhanced service hours, faster response times, and longer terms of service to match your business objectives.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$45 billion Fortune 500 company and a global technology leader in driving Intelligent Transformation. Lenovo’s data center solutions (ThinkSystem, ThinkAgile) are creating the capacity and computing power that are changing business and society.
Lenovo offers a comprehensive portfolio of services designed to support the full IT life cycle of your Lenovo assets, to fully address your deployment needs, including:
Lenovo Deployment Services
- Basic hardware installation
- Integration, migration, and expansion
- Customized HPC deployment services
Lenovo Data Center Infrastructure Services
- Data center best practices workshop
- Assessment of the thermal and electrical health of your data center
- Planning for power, cooling, and energy efficiency
- Installation services, including chilled-water products such as Rear Door Heat Exchangers (RDHx), or modern hybrid cooling products like hot-water cooling and adsorption chillers
In addition, Lenovo can provide Premium and Managed Services, including:
- Lenovo Premier Support Services for prioritized call queuing direct to Level 2 technicians for select systems for comprehensive support covering server operating systems and business applications
- Lenovo Enterprise Software Support for comprehensive support covering server operating systems and business applications
- Lenovo Managed Services for HPC Clusters for 24x7 monitoring and technical system management for your cluster
For More Information
To learn more about the Lenovo Scalable Infrastructure, contact your Lenovo representative or Business Partner, or visit lenovo.com/thinksystem. For detailed specifications, see the LeSI product guide, lenovopress.com/lp0900.
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
© 2020 Lenovo. All rights reserved.
Availability: Offers, prices, specifications and availability may change without notice. Lenovo is not responsible for photographic or typographic errors. Warranty: For a copy of applicable warranties, write to: Lenovo Warranty Information, 1009 Think Place, Morrisville, NC, 27560. Lenovo makes no representation or warranty regarding third-party products or services.
Trademarks: Lenovo, the Lenovo logo, Lenovo Services, RackSwitch, ThinkAgile, and ThinkSystem are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo. Intel® is a trademark or registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Linux® is a trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries, or both. Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
Document number DS0043, published April 6, 2018. For the latest version, go to lenovopress.com/ds0043.