ThinkSystem NE1072T RackSwitchDatasheet
Cloud-optimized 10GBase-T Ethernet aggregation leaf switch
The Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1072T RackSwitch is part of the Lenovo Top of Rack (ToR) RackSwitch enterprise switch family, tested and validated with Lenovo reference architectures to provide the best integration possible for Lenovo servers, storage, and networking in the data center. RackSwitches interoperate seamlessly with other vendors' hardware and management. In addition, Lenovo XClarity provides easy single-pane-of-glass management for the Lenovo data center.
Data Center Optimized Networking
The NE1072T is optimized for enterprise data centers with features, such as:
- Software Defined Data Center interfaces ensure smooth interoperability with popular enterprise management applications.
- Nutanix Prism with Lenovo Network Orchestrator automates vlan changes to improve uptime and network security.
- VMware vRealize Log Insight collects logs and events to determine root cause and produce reports across multiple devices and vendors.
- VMware vRealize Network Orchestrator helps deploy workflows to automate complex IT processes.
- As a Microsoft Azure Stack solution partner, BGP, DCP, and switch-independent teaming deliver seamless interoperability.
- OpenStack controls diverse pools of processing, storage, and networking resources throughout the data center.
- Ansible automation frees up operations teams for more strategic work.
- Resiliency: NE1072T offers outstanding fault tolerance with one of the quickest high-availability failovers in the industry.
NE1072T is an extremely cost-effective switch for mid-range 10GBase-T hybrid cloud data center applications. It offers the following reduced costs:
- All software, management plugins, and XClarity Administrator are included in the purchase price.
- Switches come with a 3-year warranty and include free software updates and upgrades.
- Lower power consumption reduces operating expenses.
|Performance||Line rate performance, 1.44Tbps switching throughput, as low as 700 ns (QSFP+) or 2.4 us (10GBASE-T) port-to-port switching latency, up to 714 Million packets per second (Mpps), up to 9,216-byte jumbo frames, 12MB buffer size|
|Interface Configurations||48x 10GBase-T + 6x 40Gb QSFP+ Ethernet ports or 6x (4x 10GbE) with breakout cables|
|Virtualization||VLAG, SDN ready|
|Cooling||Front-to-rear or rear-to-front cooling, five variable-speed hot-swap fan assemblies that provide N+1 cooling redundancy|
|Power||Dual load-sharing hot-swap internal power modules, 202W typical / 291W maximum consumption|
|Management Software Supported||Lenovo XClarity, VMware, OpenStack, Ganglia, Nutanix|
|Automation||Ansible, Chef, Puppet|
|API||Python, REST, Telemetry|
|Limited Warranty||3-year customer replaceable unit and software warranty|
Lenovo is a global Fortune 500 company and a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial, and enterprise technology. Lenovo enterprise systems deliver industry-leading performance, reliability, and security in virtualized and cloud environments for analytics, database, virtual desktop, infrastructure, and web workloads. Lenovo also offers simplified and extensible systems management tools so you can manage your infrastructure on your own terms. Consistently ranked #1 in reliability and customer satisfaction, the Lenovo enterprise server, storage, and networking portfolio provides the hardware for businesses that never stand still.
For More Information
To learn more about the Lenovo ThinkSystem NE1072T RackSwitch, contact your Lenovo representative or Business Partner or visit: lenovo.com/networking. For detailed specifications, consult the NE1072T Product Guide.
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
© 2019 Lenovo. All rights reserved.
Availability: Offers, prices, specifications and availability may change without notice. Lenovo is not responsible for photographic or typographic errors. Warranty: For a copy of applicable warranties, write to: Lenovo Warranty Information, 1009 Think Place, Morrisville, NC, 27560. Lenovo makes no representation or warranty regarding third-party products or services.
Trademarks: Lenovo, the Lenovo logo, Lenovo XClarity, RackSwitch, and ThinkSystem are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo. Azure® and Microsoft® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both. Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
Document number DS0012, published December 8, 2017. For the latest version, go to lenovopress.com/ds0012.